Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12649 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2012, 11:38:04 pm »

Caer quickly walked towards the two stepping though the muddy grass, trying not to lose his sandals. His eyes still were fixated on the creature beside the rookie, which he was extremely uninterested in at the moment. "The barracks would be better than standing outside with the persistent rain pounding down on me. Could you lead me to the barracks? I would rather not catch my death out here. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what manner of being are you?" He continued to stare at the creature as he walked to the barracks.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:35 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"I'm just an elf. I'm one of the few outsiders on this island. Some goblin raiders experimented on me with some strange drugs a few years ago. They made me grow three feet, and made my muscles ridiculous. They didn't count on the drugs working against each other to keep me sane, and I ended up fighting my way out with no weapons."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:49 pm »

Roscow examines the corpse for further clues.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2012, 12:09:45 am »

Caer was puzzled as to the alchemical ingredients that would lead to such a sudden change. He continued to stare awkwardly at the elf. "That would have been some curious alchemy. Perhaps we can discuss that at a later time when we aren't in the rain?" He continued to walk in silence to the barracks trying hard not to stare too much, but failing miserably.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2012, 03:07:13 am »

Corvander found it disgusting that the drunks were even ALLOWED to chase women. Even in the goblin tribes, chasing a woman resulted in being whipped. While having a cat scratch your face to shreds.

>Attempt to help the woman.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2012, 03:14:02 am »

Oza backtracked and walked out, pointedly ignoring the other three...he had never actually met her parents more than once, and they had showed the required parental disdain for travelling mages that were friends with their daughter. It was like a law or something...

He didn't know the other person. But his aura was sending out bad vibes all over. Oza wasn't exactly a mind reader, but he could generally tell the mood and disposition of a person at a glance-it was only half supernatural, and the rest just innate body reading, made stronger by his attending spirits, who had learned how to size someone up. They usually broadcast a color to him.

He got something from the stranger-a dark orange halo. Arrogance overwhelming reason.

He shuddered, and hurried out after Elaina. Her aura, on the other hand, was much as he remembered-light green and white, joy and strength. But now it was tinged with angry bolts of black and red. She was very beautiful, even when she was angry...her dark brunette hair was worn a bit shorter and more frazzled than was usual, and her rich jade green eyes seemed a bit colder and strained, even if they still mirrored the passionate soul underneath he knew she had. Perhaps Elaina had been missing sleep, fighting, or crying alot lately. It wrenched his heart to see her like this.

Oza decided to dump the lame pick-up jokes he had been thinking of. Elaina was his friend, and she needed him.

He took a step toward her.

"...Elaina? What's wrong?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:27:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 05:16:06 am »

Nessara turned to the administrator. It was time to show him whose city (tower) he was renovating.

"I've been away for years, and come back to see many citizens I know forget my name. Even my best friend has forgotten who I am, and I even broke my nose helping him! The thief will strike later on, and use his magic to aid him. I know it and...I may be able to divert it. If you have any doubts, then leave me in here, I will guard this place."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"I think I remember hearing about you, actually. Heard some guy went nuts, ended up developing an aversion to shirts. Bah, I'm not one to judge. The barracks is right over there, the blankets are in the cabinet in the back. Me and the rookie still need to patrol, but feel free to come find one of us if you need anything."
You part ways with the things and dry off within the barracks. You decide that the male is worth referring to as an equal. The female thing proved significantly less frustrating with its brain less confused as well. You sit on one of the many bunks as you ponder your next move.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
As you call out to Elaina, a goblin comes and asks about drunks chasing her. Could he be referring to her parents and the arrogant man? Regardless, Elaina's attention is quickly diverted from you by her attempts to calm the hyperactive goblin.
----Nessara Idyll----
"Look, ma'am. We've had experts investigating this thief ever since it became obvious what was happening. There is absolutely no reason anyone would want to break past the sector walls. And besides, the damping dispels any magical changes made to people. Every week, those warped by his chaos magic get their memories back, which causes the distractions he needs to steal from people. He could have broken through the gates long before now if that were his goal."
----Corvander Hellstave----
You chase after the woman and quickly catch up. The momentum from your earlier run hasn't left you at all, and you were determined to do your best to help the city in any way you could. You tell the woman you can help her with the drunks you saw, and she replies slightly confused.
"Drunks...? What... drunks? Alcohol isn't served in this sector, I'm sorry if I confused you..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

"Well, sir, if you had experts on this case, and a thief without reason to steal; why in the Gods name do you have no results?! Just think, if he was after any important artifact in here, won't he just bother with his scheme later on? When he gets...more powerful, to say bluntly?

"Just point me to the nearest home that may seem to be the next target. I'll guard it."
Nessara finished, annoyance obvious in her tone.

"Or, you could give me the general pattern. I'll check the higher floors of this tower in the meantime, if you don't mind."

Go up the tower.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 10:50:07 pm »

----Nessara Idyll-----
"Access to the higher floors of the tower is strictly prohibited. And We already have our best guards posted at the suspected target locations. Now please, leave my tower before I have to call security on you."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »

Caer lies down on the bunk with the thin blanket over his chilled body, staring at the ceiling. His eyes grow heavier as he starts to curl up into a ball under the thin wool blanket. The feeling of warmth swirls around him easing his mind as he slowly drifts off to sleep. He'll have to look for some work in the morning. With any luck it'll be scholarly work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 10:53:10 pm »

'This is madness.'

"Fine then, I will go quietly, but don't lay the blame on anyone if something very important gets stolen tonight."

Leave the tower and head to the Local Barracks.

Nessara turned, and left the tower. There was little time left, or so she thought, and she didn't tolerate petty thievery in her town.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:17 am »

Oza put a hand on the Goblins shoulder, trying to calm him down as well.

"Whats wrong here? I'm a friend of Elaina. I'm here to help."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:56 am »

Corvander was puzzled. 'Then....who did I just see?'

>INVESTIGATE.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

(And the big reveal! You've both been talking to and chasing after different people!)
----Oza Al'Alasi----
Elaina turns around and looks confusedly at you. Your spirits stir awake and warn you that something has become 'off' about her.
"Excuse me, and you are...?"
On a second pass, you notice that the goblin seems to be one of the few natural born in the world, and is a fairly young one to boot. He sits down and intently watches you and Elaina.
----Corvander Hellstave----
"You saw my family, and a noble who bought the land our house was built on." A man interrupts and asks who you are.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20