Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12655 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

The shark-sized being fascinated him, as the rain had only a moment ago. The rain continued to hit him, almost as if it were begging for his attention once again, but the mysterious being held his eye. "As I said before another wizard teleported me here against my will. I know not where I am, will one of you at least have the decency to tell me of where I am if I am to tell you my story in this rain?"

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2012, 10:31:06 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"We'd need to know where you're from to be able to give you any useful information."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »

The tower was enormous on the outside, this extended inside, with all it's finery and beauty. A tinge of happiness mixed in, when she saw elegant carvings on the walls and colorful murals adorning the floor tiles. At least she won't forget this.

Nessara smiled at seeing her parents, still alive and well, even looking young still. She approached them quickly, but faltered and sped to a stop before they noticed. She was unsure if they, too, remembered her; if what her old friend said was to be the truth.

She gulped back her fears, and sidled up to them, wiping away any sign of tears on her face.

'Maybe it's this magic that has made them forget me?'

"E-excuse me for interrupting. But do any of you good folk know where the thievery occurred? I'm-..." She tried hard to keep her identity scarce, even holding in any forlorn feelings as she looked upon her parents faces and continued with her story. "I'm an investigator, b-by the way. I'm...partially lost." She hoped her cover story worked, in explaining her obvious feelings.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:46:21 pm by Tiruin »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:29 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
Your father gives you that look he gives when ridiculous lies are said straight to his face.
"Since when were you an investigator, Bee?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »

'Bee?'

Nessara looked her father, appearing confused. 'Hmm, looks like I wasn't that forgotten. But...was that what he called me? Great. Now I'm forgetful.'

"I-erm..Well, I've traveled much since I last returned to this place and...I heard some things about theft in this tower here, so I was wondering if any of you knew more about it."

"I've never met you before in my life...the Idylls never had a kid, far as I know."

Now she really was confused but unsure to act like they did know her.

"Say now, don't I look like an investigator to you?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

"I am Caer Baelian, of the floating city of Glaecor. I am a scholar of chaos magic in the Academy."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 10:55:01 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"You're from all the way in Glaecor? That's just about the most north you can get from here. We're a southern island. This storm's gonna keep you here for a few days, and even then it'll cost quite a bit to get back. We don't have enough coin in the entire island to pay for you, so you might be stuck here. There might be work you can do to work for your pay back, but no one needs much right now."
----Nessara Idyll----
"You look like our daughter. That thief you're looking for uses chaos magic to make it easier for him to get around. Anyone else you meet isn't likely to remember who you are."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

Nessara felt her hairs stand on end, as if electricity was coursing through her body. Any feeling of sorrow vanished.

"L-look like? I am your daughter! she shouted joyfully, ignoring the look the administrator threw at her. "I thought everyone forgot who I was! When I talked to my old friend, the Baker. Hah, I even thought you two wouldn't recognize me!

She dropped her bow and embraced her parents with a smile. "It's been a long time, a very long time. I'm just glad to see you both again, alive and well."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2012, 11:06:31 pm »

Caer started to realize the rain was chilling to his shirtless skin. He clenched his hands to his arms. "I may not even mind staying on the south islands, but as beautiful as this rain is, I think I would like a place to stay for a night. Do you know of a place?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 11:11:44 pm »

Roscow sighs and leans against a nearby building as he looks at the corpse. "Well ain't this wonderful." he mutters softly to nobody in particular. "I get roughed up, my own client disowns me, and now somebody dumps a corpse at my feet."

The elf begins to pace, examining the corpse to the best of his ability. He had never been a man of charity, but the dead always deserved some respect. "A flail did this. Nasty piece of work. Good a place as any to start."

Roscow asks the crowd for something to draw with, so he can make a detailed sketch of some of the victims injuries. Even as he calls for help the elf berates himself. Here he is in the middle of a relatively strange town, half dead, and doing charity work. It would surely take every ounce of decency in Roscow's body to get him through this.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »

(Weirdsound and Tiruin, you need actual actions with your character development. TF has gotten away with ambiguous, RP-heavy posts because he typically states his next moves near the end.)
----Caer Baelian----
We don't get tourists or travelers, so we never built any inns, and most houses are full. The only place I can think of is the rookie's, and you frighten her, so that'd have to be worked out somehow. Of course, you could stay in the barracks, but it wouldn't be much different from being outside with how you're dressed."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »

Nessara returned to her priority. Not that she didn't want to spend time with her parents, but that there was someone screwing with people's minds. She picked up her bow and turned to the Administrator.

"Um, excuse me for my outburst. Could you point me to where you think the next thievery would strike? I'd be happy to guard it at midnight, even to wait here for the thief."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
"That's what we were discussing with this guy here. He thinks it's going to be another random noble's house, but your mother and I believe he's going to try to break through the wall while magic is useless inside the city and everyone is disoriented from the chaos magic wearing off. This guy doesn't even consider it a possibility."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 11:33:27 pm »

Roscow sighs and leans against a nearby building as he looks at the corpse. "Well ain't this wonderful." he mutters softly to nobody in particular. "I get roughed up, my own client disowns me, and now somebody dumps a corpse at my feet."

The elf begins to pace, examining the corpse to the best of his ability. He had never been a man of charity, but the dead always deserved some respect. "A flail did this. Nasty piece of work. Good a place as any to start."

Roscow asks the crowd for something to draw with, so he can make a detailed sketch of some of the victims injuries. Even as he calls for help the elf berates himself. Here he is in the middle of a relatively strange town, half dead, and doing charity work. It would surely take every ounce of decency in Roscow's body to get him through this.

(I had an action)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »

(Talking to people doesn't consume a turn.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20