Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12647 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 03:49:05 pm »

Get answers to why he is armed.
----Nessara Idyll----
"Hm? Friend? I've never met you before in my life. Besides, the Idylls never had a kid, far as I know. But I suppose telling you why I'm armed wouldn't hurt. There's been a thief running around the past few months. He showed up around the time construction on the damping tower was finished and civilians were allowed inside."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

Rosocow limps back to his client, bloody and beaten. "He got away... but I made him suffer at least... any chance we can still make something work?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2012, 05:18:00 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
"Did who get away? Have we even met before? I'll call the guards on you if you're planning anything, boy!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2012, 05:41:01 am »

Nessara was confused. "N-...never had a child? Impossible! I'm their only daughter! Surely you jest, friend. We've known each other since the foundations of this very bakery was set. I even broke my nose while helping with all the carrying!" This wasn't like her friend, she guessed. She may have been away for quite a time, but this was becoming a bad joke.
'He said something about a dampening thingy.'
'Right. At least I know I'm not dreaming.'
She sighs, "Tell me about this thief and where that tower is. I've never heard of any thieves in my hometown. The Guardians are very shrewd in their watch.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
"The damping tower is pretty obvious to spot, being the largest tower in the entire city. Every week since its release the damping tower disperses mana at midnight for ten minutes. This mana disrupts the flow of mana in and out of the city, meaning spells can't go in or out of the city. Every time the tower disperses mana, a thief shows up, steals a random valuable object from a random home, then vanishes. The next damping stage is tonight."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »

Nessara nodded, but her mind was filled with sadness as her own friend didn't even acknowledge her. "Well, then to the tower I go. Thank you for this...visit, my old friend."

She then leaves the bakery, heading to the tower.

'This isn't the return I expected...'

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:20 pm »

He finally had reached the mysterious suited person. "Hello, I have an acutely bizarre query for you. Have we met before?" Caer scratched at his hair. "Something about you has led me to believe that I may know you, but I am unsure as to what."
----Caer Baelian----
"I ain't nevah been here before in my life. You'd best not ask questions if you know what's good for ya."
The thing pulls a small blade from inside its coat and holds it at your throat. It keeps the blade there for several minutes, waiting for your reaction before walking off. You believe that it believes it made its point. It did not.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2012, 10:57:44 pm »

"How long are you going to hold that inanimate object at my trachea? I am growing tired of this." Caer quickly cast Mind Collapse, and kicked the man away.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"Boy, I ain't got time fer yer games."
The thing casts a spell you've never seen, and you suddenly find yourself at the edge of the floating island. The thing's powers weren't anything like the thing in your memory's, so you come to the conclusion that it was a standard teleportation spell it used on you.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

Looking down Caer couldn't help but admire the view of the distant misty mountains over the edge of the floating island. He watched the brown-speckled birds fly by underfoot for a moment before turning away from the edge. There was no time to admire the view, he still had a book to finish reading, and maybe if he still had time he would find the man in the mysterious suit. He started walking, and looking around, trying to find something that grabbed his mind, anything familiar.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You decide to look for anything familiar, but find nothing particularly striking. In fact, you're positive that the thing sent you to a different island entirely. In the distance you see a small town with a port, perhaps the things would be willing to send you back to your island. Or perhaps not. You sit down to ponder the idea, and an arrow strikes the ground in front of you.
You look up to see what thing had the audacity to attempt to kill you. It's a female thing holding a rather crude bow in leather armor. It seems rather intent on not fighting you, as it can barely hold its bow straight. You determine the thing to be harmless, and grab the arrow out of the ground. Best not to waste such pleasant gifts. You notice the rain start to pour harder, and can't help but chuckle at the thought of being struck by lightning.
 Received: one(1) elven stone arrow.
"S-state your business, trespasser!"
----Oza Al'Alasi----
You walk around the children playing in the market, and begin touching the poles along the way to the market. It's a habit you inherited from a lesser spirit you transported for a few trips. He'd become incredibly nervous if you didn't, and the habit stuck. It was around that time when you last saw Elaina. You're snapped back to the present by some kids mocking you, but you're just a few feet from the inn, so you ignore it.
You look up at the sky and see the storm, it's definitely worthy of stopping all ships going through there, but you can't help but worry about the elven cities inside of it. Then again, elven cities are legendarily difficult to harm, so you suspect they'll be fine. As you begin to enter Elaina's inn, you see your old friend storm out, completely ignoring you. Her parents come out with a man you've never met. His presence is imposing and sickening, it's difficult just looking at him. The three begin trying to call Elaina back.
----Nessara Idyll----
You leave your friend's house feeling uncertain about this return. You walk down the long path leading to the damping tower. It seems newly constructed, but that's not a surprise. Welsk was declared the capital a few years ago while you were gone, so it's almost like a different place from what you grew up in. You pass by an old park you used to play at, and see the markings left by you and your childhood friends. You continue walking after shedding a few tears at the prospect of being forgotten from being gone too long.
You reach the tower with a heavy heart. As you enter the rather imposing building, you see your parents arguing with what appears to be the tower administrator.
----Corvander Hellstave----
As you enter the city, you are greeted with a warm welcome from the locals. That's... certainly different from what you were expecting. Human settlements typically aren't fond of others of your kind. Perhaps because this is the capital, the humans will treat you differently. You feel welcome, and walk proudly. You even ask a local for directions, and receive them without having the guards called on you.
The inn you got directions to is supposedly a friendly place, even for this city. You can hardly hold in your excitement, and begin to run around the city, feeling free, from both prejudice and the chains of your tribe. You quickly arrive at your destination, and observe a few humans come out of the inn. Well, one runs out while the others chase her, really. Regardless, one of the humans gives off a putrid scent, but your nose isn't sensitive in the least, so you're not sure why you feel disgusted looking at him.
----Bael Delten----
You leave the mines and begin to move home. The town seems panicked, but you aren't sure why. As you push your way past a crowd that's formed around the town center, you see a stranger and an old goblin friend inspecting a corpse, When you approach the two, you see that the corpse was the miner you talked to. The spike in the feeling must have been when he was about to die. You fall to your knees and punch the ground.
----Roscow Illiad----
While you try to apologize and explain to the client what happened, screams are heard from behind. When you turn around, you see the thief from earlier pulling up a dead body, and people running out of the plaza. You try to attack the thief, but they run off before you can get a hit in. You and the client begin inspecting the body. The wounds couldn't have been from the thief, as whoever it was had no weapons matching the wound. This was likely made by a flail, or something similar.
"This is just great. It's been so long since a big crime was committed in this city... Why now?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 09:31:25 pm »

The water was mystifying, pouring heavily on his head and chest. It merely fell downward without a care, only to hit the ground to meet its end, or was it. As readily as the droplets hit the ground they formed into pools that sloshed and bounced as other raindrops collided with them. The sight of  the water pound the ground was intoxicating to him causing him to stand still in amazement.

His gaze slowly turned towards the female archer at last. The person was talking to Caer, but he wasn't entirely sure if he cared. The rain continued to mesmerize him, as he once again turned his gaze away. He spoke absently, watching the rain while talking to the lady. "I have no business at this place. I seem to have gotten myself teleported over here by a man in a bizarrely chaotic suit. I am not here by my own will." Caer took another step towards the archer without even looking over, still staring at the rain. "If you wish me to leave then I will indeed, however I know not where I am, possibly not even which region if the caster was strong enough."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
The thing stares blankly back at you.
"C-come again...?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

Caer was visibly irritated. The one thing that he simply couldn't stand was ignorance. The rain seemed less important, almost more of a hindrance as it pressed and pounded at him. He took another step towards the archer, now glaring emptily at her. "I was teleported here by another wizard. How clear do I have to be!? I know not where I am. Now do you know where I am or am I going to continue walking until I find someone more willing to listen?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 10:02:42 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
As your irritation grows, a thing roughly the size of a shark steps in and defends the now-frighten female thing.
"It's none of our business why you're here, but if you plan on sharing your story, do so with proper manners and respect. We didn't invite you here, you were forced on us. If you start treating the rookie roughly again, we won't hesitate to banish you."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20