Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12640 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »

Roscow prepares another bolt of light magic, and waits to follow the dwarve's lead. "I don't know where you are from, but most people here are strongly adverse to being cleansed or purged. Even if they deserve it."

The elf blinks in frustration when he hears the dwarf address him. "If he rides with elementals I think he'd know a cheap parlor trick when he sees one. Even if it works, he is not alone. He can't be controlling all those elementals by himself. Lets just kill him... Or run."

Despite his words Roscow holds his fire, willing to put off the fight for as long as his foe is willing to debate philosophy.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 08:08:45 pm »

Bael whispered again, as quietly as possible.

"I don't want to bluff him so he kills himself, I want to be able to get near without being destroyed by the elementals. Be quiet and use that light of yours."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

'By the devils, who is this man?'

It looked like he was just playing with her, that blow was hard enough to dent armor! Nessara didn't understand any of this.

She had no obvious chance at defeating this foe, there was magic about, and she had little knowledge on wielding it.

So she tries to retreat into the city, away from the strange man and his elemental. Unless she gets attacked, first, in which she fights back to gain time for others to escape.

'There must be something I can do.'
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:03:10 pm by Tiruin »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »

The spell seemingly backfired, but you knew the truth of the matter. Caer felt his insides being twisted in a sporadic manner that Caer himself predicted on impact, forcing the wind from him. He looked up at them looking rather winded. "I'm clearly outmatched by the likes of you. What mysterious kind of magic was that? You bent the very flow of time to your will." Caer caught his breath and stood tall again. "If you truly have such tremendous power over time then my very fate is in your hands. Do what you will." He held his bare arms outward, awaiting their decision.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:32 am »

Roscow keeps his spell at the ready. "If you want to charge him, go for it. I'll cover you and intercept any elemental who gets involved. We are in peril, and I only have so much mana to throw around. I don't intend to waste it all on parlor tricks."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:48 am »

>Blast shadows at the man to distract him.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »

"Alright, elf, if you insist... We'll do it simple."

Charge. Kill.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 10:26:29 pm »

----All----
As you all begin your attempts at retaliation, you feel the world slow, and watch as the blades and magic of the Six, all but the woman who stopped her assault to observe, reach you. Before the pain of the impact, and the touch of death, you all observe as time slows into an utter stop. Then, you watch as reality fades, and a chunk of ground appears. A heavenly being, Chronus, slams into the ground with the Six.
As time begins to flow again, the five attackers begin to direct their assault at Chronus. Just as easily as your attacks had been deflected or absorbed by the Six, you witness the attackers find themselves in a similar position with Chronus. The woman, who's been nothing but an observer up until now, kneels in front of Chronus and asks to be released. Chronus places her with the rest of you, then begins his assault on the five.
The leader's sword is aged into a rusted, poor excuse of a weapon. The armor and weapons of the others  are put in a similar position as the leader's sword, but for some reason Chronus takes it upon himself to personally destroy the leader's armor. Chronus allows the five a chance to destroy him, but all of their attacks only seem to strengthen him. Eventually, they fall over, exhausted.
The five are lined up, and Chronus makes his executions short, but eternally long for those being executed. A simple tap of his to their necks severs the head and sends it flying. Then, time begins to reverse.
Chronus grabs a physical manifestation of time, and begins to devour it. All the time from when you all, including the executed five and released sixth, were born is ended, but begins again.
----Caer Baelian----
You awake from your nap. The things are observing you again. How nice for them... You pick up a book and begin reading.
The book details the life and death of the only man who's fully mastered chaos magic. You already know the book in its entirety, despite this being your first reading of it. You know many things. After the things begin bothering you, you are forced to take your book outside to read. They nearly forced a shirt on you as well, but you cleverly avoided that crisis. You sit underneath a small structure in the park. It's cloudy, and you don't want the book to be rained on.
As you begin reading, an unpleasant feeling from the hospital interrupts your thoughts. You also feel a strong sense of nostalgia in what you are doing. You recall being angry, but you haven't felt the emotion of anger even once since you woke up.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
It's been a long journey, but the next city on your list is finally within sight. It's got a port to an elven city you've been looking forward to visiting, so you won't stay long, but you hope to establish a trade route for your hometown with the people living there. Ten more minutes, and...! You arrive at the human capital of Welsk! You see thousands of houses, and shops, and libraries, several guilds. It's just as you imagined it to be! By the time you reach the city center, your goal is in sight. The sky port that will take you to the elven city of Ghorn.
----Nessara Idyll----
It's finally time to return to your hometown, a trip you've been planning for months. You'd visit the bakery your old friend started, say hello to the children in the park, and you'd spend the next few months in relaxation. A pleasantry the last few years have barely allowed time for. As you get closer to the city, you notice something odd.
The smell of fresh baked bread from the bakery fills the air, and you can see the children playing outside the walls with the guards who are off duty.
----Corvander Hellstave----
That raid you witnessed still has you feeling sick. You heard the rumors of goblin raids, but never expected your kind to be capable of such disgusting acts. When you get back to your tribe, you'll ask the chief to bring up a solution to the problem at the next meeting with the king, but for now, you just want to vomit. You rest for a while, then continue back to where your tribe is staying.
When you bring up the matter with your chief, he accuses you of heresy against the goblin people. Even if ending the lives of a few goblins saves millions, he seems dead set on keeping the goblins as his top priority. You understand his sentiments, as reproduction is difficult, and even you hesitate at the idea of killing another goblin, but you request an exile from your tribe and all others. You'd rather stand alone, than with someone so unwilling to protect the innocent.
You walk into the town. For some reason, you can feel two... you feel two things. You have no other way of describing what you are feeling.
----Bael Delten----
It's inspection day, and the city is booming with travelers. A bulk order of fine gems is sure to come in. You pick up an apple on your way to the mine and say hello to the kids playing heroes and villains in the park by the mine. Life is good.
As you enter your mine, you take the pully-vator down, and greet the guide. You had the honor of working with him before the old owner made the mistake of selling the mine to you. You were quick to grab him before he got hired anyone else, as he was too good at what he does to just let go like that.
Halfway through the inspection you pass by a miner that seems sick to you. The farther away you get from him, the worse a feeling you get about him. It's not even an emotional pain, you feel something from him, and that thing you feel isn't pleasant.
----Roscow Illiad----
A deal's about to go south in this city. You came to try and work the situation out before you lost an important client who actually had legitimate business going on. Legitimate business is a rare and important thing to hold onto in your line of work. You finish packing the things from the caravan you traveled with. The client is waiting in a dwarven city that's recently been under some new management in its mines.
You see a wealthy man walk buy eating an apple, you consider trying to do business with him, but you doubt he'd give you the time of day. Dwarves and goblins being so similar is a blessing and a curse for you.
You make it to the town square and wait a while. As you see the client arrive, some petty punk mugs the client, and runs off with the business papers you need for the deal. You make sure the client is all right, then try to look for the mugger. You get some kind of feeling that he's gone west somewhere.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »

-Well that punk made a mistake. I doubt busniess documents are worth anything to him... but if he is working for one of my clients rivals, we could be in trouble.-

"I'll get those documents back, and we will work this situation out alright. Don't panic." He reassures the client.

With that Roscow heads west, hoping to pick up the mugger's trail through either street smarts or his ability to see bits of the past.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - two slots
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 11:14:59 pm »

Oza felt a momentary sense of...displacement. He gasped, clasping a hand to his ribs. But there was no pain. That was odd.

"...that was really odd, actually. Are you...all right? Something felt off there for a moment."

"It was nothing Oza-probably that roast beef we ate last night, catching up with us. I did warn you!"

Oza shrugged, smiling absently.

A few minutes later, it was forgotten, and he was whistling a cheery walking song as he came within sight of the city. Ahh, beautiful Welsk-soaring spires, detailed arches, marvelous architecture-and the local ladies he knew weren't half bad either.

Especially Elaina.

He wished he had time to stop for a few drinks and uh, 'catching up on old times' with her, but he was on the clock, on a mission. Maybe on the way back, he compromised. She would be happy enough to see him, he reckoned.

He consulted his inner voices. The spirits. Each one a unique voice in the chorus of his mind, none striving for control-each contributing to the strength of the whole.

"...Amazing sight, huh?"

"That's for sure. What's that big spiraling tower in the center, brother?"
"Hmm. I don't know-it wasn't here last time I passed though."
"...when you travelling the the Archmage, I believe...that would have been a hundred years ago. Your knowledge may be slightly out of date, friend."
"It feels good to see such strong stone underneath our feet, to see such well made walls again. Not much compared to Dwarf stonework, but what is?"

Oza nodded happily.

"Well, we'll just be passing through for now, unfortunately. We're working, remember? I'm not a  spirit yet, so I need the gold, or I'll become a beggar and starve in the streets. Okay, probably not that dramatic."

He walked toward the gates, and felt the a pleasant pulse of energy gather around him as he strolled into town-it was the residual spiritual power if the life of the city, it's goodness...as well as it's bad. He was glad to feel it was in balance.

In fact, from what he could feel *everything* was in perfect balance. He hadn't felt this good in years.

Action: Head to the Sky Port!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:29 pm »

A cool wind washing over the land, the smell of food and fresh pine, the laughter of children in their play and the bright glare of the sun, warming the skin and refreshing the soul.

All this brought a smile to Nessara's lips. She was glad she came home to see all this, and at the right time too: for the bakery smelled pretty much filled with fine breads and delights. Nothing like home.

She approached the city at a slow walk, admiring it's splendor in all forms-- the craftsmanship of the stone walls, fortified with mortar and pitch, it's structural and architectural beauty resonating with the natural wildlife around it. The towering spires of most of the buildings crafted in different geometrical forms and the overall happiness of everyone residing in it.

This was a good day to be back, the very thought making her whistle a tune she learned in faraway lands. A slow rhythm combined with various overtones, it befitted the moment and she was glad.

"And to think I was beginning to get homesick, hah!" she cried with joy. The feeling of traveling the world and all it's dangers was very inviting to the idle man, but it was now time to return to the safety of home.

'It's time I rested well, there will be much to do later on.'
she thought to herself as she stowed her bow away in her pack.

She heads to the local bakery, to meet up with her old friend, greeting everyone along the way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:47:04 pm by Tiruin »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:32 am »

Caer looked up at the dark stone tower in the far distance. It beckoned to him in an almost irresistible way to come closer. As he gazed upon the massive tower on the edge of town there was a fluttering of pages as he found himself standing up. With the distinct sound of wooden shoes on crude stonework he began to walk towards the tower, leaving his book and the academy's shirt behind him as he moved into the rain.

Everything felt familiar, even the rain as it crashed into his head and chest. The rain was cold, near frigid, leaving a numb feeling and a dull itch in its wake. The tower still stood as he walked towards it, but he recalled it being in pieces. Pained echoes of inhumane screams lingered in his mind as he took another step. Visions of bloody corpses resting in crimson pools haunted him. For a moment he hesitated, but he knew that it wasn't real. It was his addled mind playing tricks on him, just as it always had. He reached the tower, as he thought he had before. His hand grew cold as he placed it on the colossal structure to be sure it was untouched. There was something that he was forgetting, scratching at the surface of his mind, waiting to escape.

He looked around trying to remember why this place felt so familiar.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 10:20:51 am »

'Well, then.' Corvander packed and left his camp in disgust. He went to the nearby human city, a couple of miles away, to settle there.

>Travel to the nearest human city.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »

Bael stopped walking. He felt that this wasn't right. The miner looked slightly sick, but he started to get bad feelings about him. I'm probably just imagining things... thought the dwarf, but when he tried to start walking again, he simply couldn't. He was now convinced that the miner was not well.

Bael turned around and walked towards the miner. He was probably simply nervous, but he was also the owner of the mine and it was his duty to make sure that his miners were safe. A miner working while he was sick in a deep mine was simply asking for an accident... When he saw the miner who looked unwell, he spoke to him hesitantly.

"Hey, are you alright? You don't look too good..."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 10:18:47 pm »

----Bael Delten----
"Oh, hellow, sir! I'll admit, I've been a bit feverish, but I haven't let it slow me down. I even visited a doctor, and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with me. Why do you ask?"
As the miner finished speaking, the bad feeling started becoming worse.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20