Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12639 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59:06 am »

"They will win?" Roscow didn't let his surprise break the surface of his face. It would take quite a bit for a gangster to admit that he was outmatched. Without friends or contacts, against a foe even the mob was afraid to tackle, Roscow didn't like the odds.

Roscow notes the gun pointed at his spell-casting hand and smirks. "You are right though about my lack of subtly. I am more a highwayman than a bandit or assassin. If I dirty my own hands, I generally do try to avoid doing so in town. You can however only point that gun at one of us at a time, and unless that Doctor has a bigger ballsack than I give him credit for, the numbers game don't favor you at this instant in time."

The elf lets out a slight chuckle. "Of course, I doubt any of us would be here tonight if we only took action when the odds were in our favor. So tell me dwarf, what out there is so bad that even you let it enforce its will upon your territory out of fear?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2012, 01:12:48 am »

Panril started digging into the small pile of loot buried in the mattress. There was a lot he liked in the pile, the pocketwatch in particular. He set aside a few of his favorites to wear when he was farther away from the ship. He stuffed the rest into the bag the stewardess gave him to sell when he found his way into town. He put his favorites into his own bag.

Look around one last time for something bigger to steal after landing.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2012, 01:50:34 am »

"Um, yes, um, a young lady asked me to retrieve her cat from this district. I was wondering if you could help me?"
Inquire about the cat, and if possible retrieve it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:10 am »

Nessara nodded at the offer. Anti-magic vault it is, then. She doubted if she had any magic anyway, other than knowing how to successfully draw a bow with her limited strength and also how to wield a polearm.

Accept to read the book in the Vault.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:02 am »

"I'm not an intruder, an intruder would mean you harm, and I wish no one harm unless their sins are great. So do not worry about me attempting to harm you, all I want to know is who are you, and what is this place? Its different beyond most things I've seen."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:11 am »

Oza ignored the mercenaries well meaning warnings-unlike them, though, he was doing this for more than just money.

He was doing this for Elaina. He would get what had been stolen from him.

Oza tightened his hand on his weapon and...

Action: Take the path to the North.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
You take the northern passage. It's not very long until you reach the end of it. Seems this was a new tunnel they were working on before the beast came in. There's not much left behind, seems some of the workers looted anything worth looting when they had to evacuate. You do find a dead mercenary. You aren't sure what killed him, there are no major wounds, so your best bet is poison. There doesn't appear to be much there for you, so you decide to go back.
----Nessara Idyll----
A worker leads you to the vault and tells you that you have two hours to be in there before you'll have to leave. The vault door is open, and upon stepping inside you can feel an immediate drain. Your energy levels appear to have dropped drastically, and you feel as though you've been fighting for a month straight. You sit down at a table in the center of the vault and unbind the book.
A multicolored flash of neon colors and what appears to be the sound of random instruments in a strangely alluring tune streams out of the book, it seems the draining effect of the vault doesn't bother the elemental at all. As you watch the bizarre show, you eventually see it. The elemental rises from the pages, in what seems to be a solid form. He's wearing a monocle, top hat, and what appears to be a suit made of feathers. He speaks in changing tones, volumes, and thought patterns. You've never seen such a... strange... elemental in all your journeys.
Why, hello, and welcome! My name is Mephistrate Exidium Parastrine the Fifth! But you can call me Meppy, everybody does! Doesn't that just anger you? But anyway, back on topic, what is your second-cousin-twice-removed's maiden name? Or does she have one? Anyway, back on topic! Whatst didst youst summonst mest forst? What do you need from such a 'humble' being as myself?"
----Corvander Hellstave----
The old man ponders for a while, seemingly to think if he knew what you meant. Until finally, he opens his eyes. The steward looks down upon you. He seems threatening somehow. Almost as though he knows you're afraid, and what's to affirm your fears. You meet his eyes in an attempt to not back down, but all you can see is death.
"I believe it best that you not interfere in matters that do not concern you, sir. There is no kitten. There never will be. Would you like to come in for a cup of tea and the chance to confirm for yourself?"
----Roscow Illiad----
The dwarf, for the first time since the start of the conversation, breaks away from his game of chess to look at you. He begins laughing. He continues to laugh for nearly a minute straight, sounding almost hysterical. He settles himself down, and looks back up at you.
"You think we let them do what they want because we fear them? Oh, how very naive you are little half ear. You have no idea what the situation is like. You call yourself a highwayman? You should be ashamed of yourself. Anybody who's anybody in the underground knows about The Church."
----Lilith Zetal----
The cloaked figure tells you to come down, but remains facing away from you. She tells you the location of a small elevator that leads down to the floor she's on, but not why she wants you down there.
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You look around the ship one last time for the day. You want to mark your final target for when the ship lands. You aren't sure how you'll fill the two days without fainting from excitement, but you're sure you'll manage. Your scampering around the ship actually seems to be drawing notice this time, but mostly because you're falling to your old habit of twitching your wings and tail when excited.
You wander for so long, that it's nearly dark out by the time you find your target. You aren't particularly sure why you want it, though. It's just an ornamental dagger with a small chain attached to a ring where the handle should be. It doesn't look all that expensive, or even all that powerful, but you feel compelled to steal it. It isn't even shiny!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:35:45 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:14 pm »

Shiny doesn't necessary matter to Panril. If he feels drawn to it then he takes it. It was always his way. Well... At least it was before he got rusty. It was about time that he got back into the habit. Now that he knew what he wanted he just needed to wait for an opening. He was sure that being one of the shortest creatures on the ship would certainly help with pocketing the dagger in a crowd.

He headed back to his cabin to fiddle with the shiny trinkets to pass the time. Getting even more shinies and getting a second bag was simply out of the question. It would draw too much attention and make it hard to steal the dagger, and Panril rather like the idea of stealing that dagger.

Wait for the ship to land, and get ready to depart, making sure the mark is within arms reach. Play with the ill-gotten trinkets in the meantime.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

"Greeting Meppy!" Nessara said with a joyful smile. Chaos beings? This one didn't seem malevolent. "Well, to cut short, sir, we have a problem with a Thief stealing and killing in the town, and I want to stop the jerk. He uses Chaos magic, and I want to know how to counter act Chaos Magic.

All I have is a bow, some arrows and a polearm. Prithee, O' elemental, what knowledge canst thou bestow on this guardian?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2012, 08:02:57 am »

Too young, Oza thought. Too young to die. He knelt down and closed the mans eyes with the flat of his hand, saying a small prayer for mercy and forgiveness, to whoever was listening. He would return later to give him a proper burial...assuming, he did not join him in death.

Action: Say a small prayer over the dead Mecenary.

Then, Backtrack and take one of the Northeast passages
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2012, 09:52:01 am »

"I do not believe you sir. I apologize, but I wish to know what happened to the cat."
Press further without instigating a fight.
(OOC: I sense some weirdness coming...)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi-----
You head back to the intersection and take one of the tunnels to the northeast. It leads quite a ways in, so you suspect it may take you to the beast. You see a large room up ahead, it seems ventilated, so it's likely where the miners would stay. You see some kind of... dog thing. As you get closer, it takes notice of your presence and hops on top of a high shelf. By the time you're actually in the room, you can see it clearly.
It's some kind of hybrid of a wolf and fox. It stands rather tall, considering it takes mostly after the fox, and is supported by legs that seem a bit too thin to use. At least this little guy doesn't seem hostile. You call it down, but it seems shaken at your sudden openness.
----Nessara Idyll----
The elemental seems to take a sudden calm, picking a single tone this time. His body changes to a single, hard gray.
"Well, my little friend, I'm afraid I may not be able to help with that. You see, you have time, if I were to give you chaos, your time may collapse. Only those who find their own way can have both at once. All I can say is, use your time, and the chaos may whither."
A throne appears out of the book, which Meppy sits on, seemingly moping.
----Corvander Hellstave----
The butler recoils to his regular position and clears his throat.
"I will assure you that there is no cat, goblin. There is but a single beast in this household, and to call it a cat would degrade the danger it represents."
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You wait two whole days with little to do. By the time you decide the mark is ready for the stealing, you're incredibly stir crazy, and can only barely keep yourself from hopping around like a fool. They tell everyone to get to the landing room while the ship sets down at the border, and this is when you decide to strike.
You stay a fair distance away from the mark, maybe a good three or four meters, plenty to look like any other passenger. When the owner of the mark stops, you make a small rush due to the crowd you had forming behind you, and grab it while bumping into him. You're nearly caught, but you get away with him only getting angry you bumped into him. He was completely unaware you had taken it, but it was a bit too close for comfort. You take your seat shortly after, and wait for the landing to finish.
The entire time you had to sit, you could barely contain your excitement, this thing didn't seem valuable, but it was just what you wanted. You begin playing around with it in your pocket, when it begins to shake on its own in your hands. The ship reaches ground level before you can do much else, and you are forced to get off.
You look around, and see a massive wall, and an equally massive gate. A sign near it reads as such: "Welcome, all who have arrived. This gate marks the start of the frontier, all may enter, but only those with the will to die for their journey may stay."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2012, 06:22:22 pm »

Panril was so excited that he'd actually managed to steal so much in such a small amount of time. His full bag jingled happily as he walked. The object that now sat in his pocket was a big risk. He wasn't even sure if it was really what he wanted, but it would be too risky to check it out in the open. He desperately wanted to get a better look at the object, but he knew that it would be impossible right now. His hand continued to poke at the object as he walked to the gate.

Looking up he saw the message on the gate as he walked under. Silently he hoped that what the gate said was only a metaphor. He had no intention of dying here, just taking what no one else had. Surely unique treasures awaited him here, just laying about for him to pick up. His mind drifted away from the gate and to the thing in his pocket. 'What was the object in his pocket?' The question burned at Panril, until he couldn't bear it anymore. He needed to find somewhere quiet to look over the object, and maybe find a few trinkets to wear.

At the moment he couldn't care less about where he was, just what he already had. The pocket watch would make a fine addition to his cloak, and he was sure that there was a fine cloak clasp in there somewhere. He had a goofy smile on his face as he imagined wearing around several of the things he stole. If they didn't miss it before they wouldn't be looking for it now.

Enter the gate. Find somewhere private to examine the object closer and put on various accessories.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

"Quite the queer fellow, that chaos elemental. Hmm...I wonder if I can- No. I don't think I can play into it's hands like this. Better question."

"So, Meppy. Why so mopey?"

"Oh great, wrong words."

"I mean, um...since you can't give or teach me chaos, could you teach me how to ward it off? As in defend against it's effects? Or at least find a way to help others affected by chaos?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2012, 06:54:47 am »

----Nessara Idyll----
Meppy's tone shifts to a long, almost anxious one.
"Oh, nononono, that's simply unacceptable. If I do that, I may very well be cast out from my position! I am an elemental king, you see. Helping one such as yourself in situations like this is strictly against my creed. Going against my creed is veeeery bad. Very, very bad. I might even die from it. If you were a regular, and not a time, then perhaps, but times cannot be aided unless I am forced into their servitude. Which I was, until recently."
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You rush around the very edge of the frontier in hopes of finding peace and solitude, with little to no success. You eventually settle for a small grouping of trees where the fewest number of people could see you. It was still more people than you were comfortable with, but you still pull out the chained dagger blade you had stolen.
It rumbles in your hand before a symbol appears on both sides of the center of the blade. You hear a faint hum from the symbol, but can't make out what the hum is. At least you feel like the theft was worth it now! After all, how many rusty old weapons like this just up and sprout brands?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20