Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12637 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2012, 09:11:30 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
The male worker steps up to speak this time. He seems far more composed than his coworker.
"I'm sorry, but even if it's for something so important, if that book stays out of the vault, all it will do is create a situation even worse than the one caused by the thief. That book is a chaos elemental. And as you can tell from holding it, even putting it within an area that voids magic doesn't do much more than keep it in place for a while."
----Roscow Illiad----
The goblin kicks down the door. The doctor is safe. He seems to be playing chess with a dwarf who seems incredibly important. The dwarf rests his chin on his fist and begins speaking while still continuing his game
"So, my two intruders are finally here. You killed six of my boys, you know? I know who he's here for, but what about you, little half ear? What's your game? What do you stand to gain by messing with the mob?"
----Lilith Zetal----
You look through the building. You mostly see things set up to keep the runes in place. You eventually find a staircase that had been hidden underneath a carpet and bookshelf. It took all you had to push everything off of it, and your arms feel rather numb by the time you finally make your way down.
The staircase takes you down far. Farther than you knew could be safely reached on a floating island. Your legs begin to wobble from exhaustion on your way down, but you eventually reach the bottom. A small set of elevators is set up. They're set up in such a way that if one goes up or down, another goes the opposite way. You take one down. It seems to take you down over thrice the amount of the staircase, until you eventually see the outside. And above you, the bottom of the island. The sight is rather breathtaking and, for the first time, allows you to see your destination. A small house suspended in the air is at the bottom of the elevator shaft. It seems to be held up by both attachments to the island, and a floating chunk, only about twice the size of the house.
You reach the bottom, and are greeted by dozens of portraits. You recognize a few portraits of elves. Any elf worth their salt would. These are portraits of heroes, leaders, and famous frontiersmen. You hear clanking sounds somewhere further into the house. You seem to be on the top floor.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »

Panril was absolutely amazed as he put the watch into a small inner pocket in his bright red robes. Who were these people? He could rob them all day and none of them would notice. Heck, that guy had enough pocket watches that they were falling out of his pockets. He wondered what other kind of things he could find on this ship as he continued down the aisle, looking for his next prey.

Continue robbing the rich of shinies.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »

Nessara tilted her head in contemplation, "I cannot read this at all, then? Why is it a book if an elemental? I could just browse this in the vault, if it may be."

She then looks away, deciding to act now instead of later on, when the decision was doubtful. "If I cannot read thism then is there any other way that you two know of that can combat Chaos Magic? It is imperative that I learn how, or this thievery would continue ever on! And, as of late, it is turning to murder instead of just stolen goods."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2012, 03:35:20 am »

Roscow was taken aback. How could the man know exactly how many guards were killed? I guess based off of patrol routes and checkpoints? Or something more magical perhaps... Even more disturbing was the fact that he didn't run, even though he knew they were coming.

What bugged the elf most however was that he didn't have an answer to the man's question. "I assure you, if I were dumb enough to answer that honestly I would not have made it alive this far. Now then, do we sit around all day, or are things about to get interesting?"

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:05:19 am by Weirdsound »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:24 am »

Leave, and see if I can do anything for money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2012, 12:48:30 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
The man thinks a moment before responding.
"We don't have any other books on chaos magic... but if you really need that information, then you'll have to read it inside the vault."
----Corvander Hellstave----
You look around town for a while and find several one-time-only jobs you can do. Most involve lawn care, but one is to "rescue a kitten from the clutches of tyranny." Or that's at least how the little noble girl who offered you the job put it.
----Roscow Illiad----
The dwarf opens his jacket and pulls a gun out. It looks different than the other models you've seen. It seems... stronger? You're not sure how to put it, you've only ever seen a handful, and they were only ever one of two models.
"You tell me, half ear. Will things get interesting? Why do you need this here doctor, why don'tcha answer that?"
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You continue to walk around the ship, filling your pockets with small, shiny things the nobles drop. You can hardly contain your excitement whenever a group of distracted shiny factories walks by. You eventually grab so much that your pockets fill up, and you have to deposit everything in your room. You aren't sure you'd be able to just walk off the airship with everything, you'd end up having far too much to carry. You'll need some kind of bag. For loot abd shinies.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2012, 12:50:01 pm »

Action: Oza backtracks and heads straight into the mine
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

After dropping all his shiny loot out of sight under his mattress Panril headed out to find a stewardess. After finding one he looked up at her with his beady eyes.

"Could you help me? It seems I bought too many souvenirs and my bag is starting to tear. It's nothing major, but you wouldn't happen to have an extra bag that I could transfer a few things to?"

Panril: Get ye BAG.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2012, 01:58:41 pm »

Head towards the noises

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2012, 02:07:55 pm »

Agree to save the kitten from the clutches of tyranny, amused.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2012, 04:57:13 pm »

Roscow instinctively readies his Blinding Burn spell just in case things do in fact get interesting. The most powerful gun in the world would be damn near useless if its user was blind. The elf then speaks, ready to fire at the slightest hint of aggression.

"I am just after answers. I have no quarrel against you or your organization. You keep your work quiet, and most of the people you kill are scumbags like you and I." Roscow frowns. "A man died in the street. The doctor had him poisoned, likely on your behalf. That part I can understand. But he was struck down before the poison could do its job, and his corpse was deposited in public."

The elf looks the Dwarven Don dead in the eye. "Somebody out there is brazen and bloodthirsty enough to kill somebody who was already as good as dead, and cause a public panic in the process. You folks I can stand, but that kind of irrational behavior disturbs me. If you or the doctor can answer as to who did the deed things will not have to get interesting. I'd even settle for the information as to why somebody would want the victim dead, it could be a good lead and judging by the poison you should at least be able to answer that."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:25 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
You go back to the entrance. It seems some of the mercenaries have returned to leave some bait. Looks like they're too afraid to go back in. There don't appear to be more than a few beasts roaming around inside though, so it's safe to surmise that most of the worst is gone already. You take your first actual steps into the mine.
There are three paths this time, but they don't seem to diverge too far from each other. Two lead somewhere to the northeast, and one just takes you north. To your back you can hear the mercenaries warning you to leave before you get too far in.
The little girl nearly jumps for joy when you tell her you'll help rescue her kitten from whatever it got stuck in. She gives you a few descriptions of it for starters. It's black, has white ears, green eyes, a tail that splits in two midway, and two white spots on both sides of its body. You could swear you've heard that description somewhere before, but you're given a map and shooed off before you can recall.
Looks like the kitten is in the noble district, in a house that belongs to the Martin family. You only know that the head of that family is named Halferd, and he has his hands in just about everything in the human controlled territories. Politics, military, technology and magic. This is suddenly seeming significantly less adorable.
----Roscow Illiad----
The dwarf holds a strong lock on your hand while pondering his next move.
"You're too obvious with your magic. You'd never last in the mafia, half ear. Yeah, I know the incident you're talking about. But us, you included, getting involved will only provoke a war. They'll win."
-----Lilith Zetal----
You move around the house carefully. There seems to be another person present, and you don't want to spook them. As you tiptoe, you eventually reach a loft area. It's overlooking the bottom floor, which seems to be devoted entirely to a forge, and is almost entirely without walls. Only ledges to look outside and over the edge are present. A cloaked figure walks over and leans on the ledge opposite you, looking out into the world.
----Panril Kriscaryn----
The stewardess looks at you confusedly before handing you a bag. Seems goblins aren't common on this airship. Not surprising, it's controlled by the fae, who rarely let other races board anything higher than community class. You hurriedly scamper back to your room and fill the bag with goodies to sell. Now that you look back on it, these are all things you've stolen, aren't they? You get filled with giddy laughter and energy as you reflect on what you've just gained.
+50 experience
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:15:59 pm by Lillipad »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:07 pm »

Lilith looks over at the cloaked figure, and speaks up, "Who are you, and what is this place?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »

"Damn. Well, I did agree to this..."
Head to the noble district and look for the cat without making trouble.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2012, 10:43:48 pm »

You're let into the noble district with little more than a search for weapons. Luckily, you had your spear taken from you when you abandoned your group for good. No worries about getting in and staying here. It's just a matter of getting the kitten and getting out...
You casually walk around, trying not to raise a scene, suppressing the leftover energy from earlier. The manor of the Martins lies in front of you. You doubt anything this big should be called a house. You muse to yourself that it's a fortress, getting a good chuckle. The grin stops when you realize how true your musing was.
With nothing else left to do, you knock on the door. A tall, elderly man in a fancy suit steps out.
"I am the head steward of this estate, my name is Hingsly, how may I be of assistance?"
----Lilith Zetal----
The figure gives a small jump in shock, but seems to be trying not to face you. The person's voice sounds like that of a woman, but something seems off. They seem nervous, but it's something more than that. They don't seem correct.
"S-should an intruder be asking for names?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20