Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12641 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot open
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:58 pm »

----Panril Kriscaryn----
You run away, successfully avoiding your beating. For a small amount of time. She catches up with you, and quickly knocks you on the ground. As you lay there defenseless, she actually speaks to you for once. This is the first time since you first targeted her she hasn't outright mauled you upon noticing your attempts at crime.
"What is it today, Panril? What could you possibly be after now?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

Panril cowered into a ball, hugging his scrawny frame tightly. He shuttered at the thought of the beating that awaited him when she was done talking. He didn't want to explain himself, but it was worth a shot if it meant getting away without being beaten. After not eating for so long he wasn't really in a position to try to fly away. "I j-just wanted a bit of food. I haven't eaten in days. I was only going to take a few days worth. I want to leave." He shielded his head with his arms and winced, waiting for the blow. "I-I want to find a place where I can be free." He started to cry in fear of the girl with her hammer. "P-please, j-just don't hit me this one last time."

Cower in fear.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2012, 01:38:54 pm »

----Panril Kriscaryn----
"If you want to be free, then stop committing crimes and go join the expedition into the frontier. Or, if you want to earn your keep, work for me."
She throws a small bundle of food on the ground beside you. Though, for a goblin of your size the food is enough for over a week. It seems she was anticipating your attempts at robbing the farm, and prepared something to bribe you with.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:59 pm »

It had been so long since Panril left his goblin tribe that he had forgotten what it was like to receive gifts. Tears welled up in his eyes and rolled down his clean and vibrant orange skin falling quietly on his bright red robes. "Thank you so much." He was starting to think that village life had made him a worse thief, but he wasn't going to be ungrateful for the girl's gift. He hugged the girl who was still gripping her hammer. "I promise to never steal from your farm again. I-I think I'll be leaving the village soon. It's been so long since I've seen something unfamiliar. This would be a good chance to spread my wings again." He was so happy.

Staying in one village had the comfort of knowing where you were going to sleep that night, but it just didn't feel right to Panril. He craved the unknown, and the riches that awaited him there. Now that he had food he could leave town and look for people that didn't know him. Maybe he would join an expedition. It would at least get him out there. He stopped hugging the girl and wiped away his tears. "I'll join an expedition as soon as I can."

Set off on a grand adventure. Join the expedition!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »

----Panril Kriscaryn----
The farmer's daughter gets you to the airport in town and sets you up with seats on an airship. As you board, you notice that none of the other passengers are below nobility status. You doubt you'll be able to get away with much, but you know that won't stop you from trying.
As you reach your cabin, one of the attendants informs you that the flight is expected to take longer than usual due to a large storm system passing through. You'll be in flight for no less than three days. You sit down on your bed and wait for liftoff. The feeling of rising into the skies is quite foreign to you.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »

'Three days of being trapped in the air...' Panril sunk his head down low at the thought of the staring eyes. Goblins weren't exactly held in the highest regard everywhere. 'At least it will give me a chance to look around for a challenge.' He looked at his hands, noticing that his nails were getting a bit too long for his liking. He grabbed a small trash bin and pulled out one of his knives and started shaving down his nails before heading out to look for something to take when the ship lands. 'It can't be too big, or too challenging. It's been a while since I've pulled off a flawless theft.' He removed his knife belt, laid it flat and hid it between the mattresses in case someone thinks he's a threat so early on.

Look for something small to steal when the ship lands.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2012, 12:02:31 pm »

Go inside the inn, while checking if I have any money for the stay.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2012, 03:58:28 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
You slowly approach the crystals, taking smaller and smaller steps the closer you get. For a while, you question whether your worries are warranted, seeing as nothing happens. By the time you find yourself face to face with your mortal enemy, you notice that you know these crystals. Adventurer guilds use them in compasses, flameless torches, and souvenirs in gift shops. They're not worth very much, and are difficult to mine properly, but their abundance keeps people interested in them. You break a few off, the mines aren't incredibly well lit, so you'll be taking whatever light you can.
----Nessara Idyll----
You grab the book and take it to the library's checkout desk. The man and woman working the desk nearly faint when they see the book you're trying to check out. Oh dear...
----Corvander Hellstave----
You enter the inn, quickly realizing you left most of your belongings with the goblins. Your embarrassment and shame are written clearly across your rather downtrodden expression.
----Roscow Illiad----
The goblin leads the way, taking you through a twisting, rather confusing path. Seemingly to avoid further confrontation. He eventually brings you to a door that seems to be from a different building altogether.
"He should be in here. You got anything to say before we gotta start hauling out?"
----Lilith Zetal----
You give a quick read through everything that didn't seem to fragile to touch. You can't read much of what's written, but you manage to grasp that most of it is about the ancient heroes and the frontiers. A few of the books also cover the formation of the modern world. Or at least as modern as these works allow.
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You take a stroll around the ship, barely managing to keep your balance. Air travel has always scared you, but this was a gift, and you weren't about to turn it down. While moving about, falling down several times due to questionable footing, you notice something about the passengers. Most of them seem to think you're a shiphand or butler. Most don't even pay you any mind, they're simply busy with their conversations. Are these really the people leading the frontier?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2012, 04:14:26 pm »

Panril had a thought as he stumbled his way around the hallways. 'Maybe he didn't need to wait to start taking things from these people. If they think he should be there why not just take a few things?' It doesn't matter if it's valuable or not, just that looks interesting... or shiny. There was always something about shiny objects that made Panril smile, even if it was just well polished nickel. He still had to restrain himself from taking anything too obvious, but still... there was always when the ship lands for something bigger.

Steal small shiny items and look for something bigger for later.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2012, 05:52:17 pm »

"Yeah? We after somebody in particular?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »

Nessara just shrugged at the sight of surprise at the desk clerks, then smiled. "Under assignment by the Guard Captain Levin Mari. Research and all that. I'm an investigator."

It was fun going with names.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2012, 04:51:03 am »

----Nessara Idyll----
The female employee gathers herself, and begins speaking
"No! Absolutely not! We're under strict orders to keep that book sealed in the anti-magic vault! I don't know how it could have gotten out, but that, that-that-that... Thing! Is not to leave the vault under any circumstances."
----Roscow Illiad----
"You forget that we're after the doctor, kid?"(Can't blame you. It's been an eternity since you last got an update. Sorry about that.)
----Panril Kriscaryn----
You walk around, looking at all the distracted nobles. You still find it hard to believe that these guys are heading the frontier. What's harder to believe is that you're going to be with them for three days. You bump into one particularly distracted noble, but your light frame seems to keep him from noticing you.
A watch dangles freely from his pocket, borderline falling out. What's more is that you can tell he has several watches on him. What kind of freak is he...? You decide to take the watch, it's not like he'll be needing it any time soon, right? The act of taking it is much more awkward than the decision to take it, though. So for about five minutes of this noble conversing with another of his ilk, you're gently reaching out to the watch so as not to catch anyone's attention. However, before you can even grab it, the noble walks away. Lucky for you, the watch was hanging out enough that it falls out on its own, so you pocket it, and quickly leave before he notices it missing.
watch gained

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2012, 04:58:31 am »

Nessara blinked. "Anti-magic, yes. But physical warding? I think not. However, I have full clearance in my name and this is related to all the thievery cases every midnight, related to the Tower and it's magic. I do understand your security concerns, and I wouldn't want to burden a fellow townsman but I've been traveling for much of my years and wish to serve my hometown once more.

"Catching the Chaos Magic thief. I have seen it in combat, this is my weapon."
She held the book up. "Will it be your wish to leave me unarmed in this battle, or will you standby as the thievery continues?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

Look for any items of interest, and a way further down into the structure

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2012, 12:53:33 pm »

Roscow nods. "I heard gunshots inside and just assumed he'd outlived his usefulness. Guess that must have been you dealing with guards or something. Lets do this."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20