Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12646 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot open
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »

"And I didn't make you to take the lives of innocents when they could be spared my Child, no matter how far I have fallen even that is to far out of my reach to do. Now I think I want to find a place to hide, and rest for awhile ..."

Continue to run until I find a nice, secluded, and hidden place to begin to make my home.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:23 am »

"T-tap into my-...my soul?"

She looked at the guard like he was crazy. Surely, he was a venerable Guardian, but she didn't think of him using souls as a weapon.

Still, it looked hopeless, they were heavily outnumbered and by the looks of it, going to die. She turned to the guard while swapping her polearm for her longbow.

"Alright, tap me."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2012, 09:22:09 am »

Caer had fallen to the ground and within that moment come to appreciate the softness of the moist dirt that had slowly formed into a shifting mud. The mud stuck to Caer as he fell backwards into it, leaving him with a good inch of mud on his back. The mud felt refreshingly cool on his back and hands as he pushed into the ground to get up. He shuffled his feet under him as his torso was forced above his legs and off the ground.

He shook the mud off his hands, ignoring the massive amounts of cold but quickly warming mud on his back, and started casting another Area Collapse. No one forces me to the ground and cakes me with mud. The bear must die regardless of the cost to myself. Caer started talking at the bear in his mild frustration. "This is the end of the line for you. It's my job to stop you, and I won't have mercy on you." Caer's hands glowed violently as they moved chaotically through the air. With one final motion he thrusted his hands towards the soon to be pained bear.

>Caer: Cast Area Collapse

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:00 am »

Action: Oza buys some healing supplies, if available, and heads to the mine.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »

Roscow lets loose a Sunshine Blast at the guards to help the stranger out. He then enters the room on the right while they are blinded, shuts the door, and starts summoning Golems to assist.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You cast Area Collapse on the bear, the pain now obviously driving it mad.
Your elemental casts Ice Spike on the bear. A combined total of 115 damage is achieved.
The bear charges your elemental, continuously attacking it until it dies.

Caer
----character state----
Level: 0
Health: 75/75
Mana: 60/90
Experience: 0/80
-
Phys.Dmg: 0-2
Phys.Def: 86
Att.Spd: 1
ComboCap: 1
Crit.Rate: +0.5

Fortress Bear
----character state----
Level: 6
Health: 810/1800
Mana: 0/0
Experience: 4 levels/2 levels
-
Phys.Dmg: 10-20
Phys.Def: 0
Crit.Rate: 0
----Oza-Al'Alasi----
You check the sack for any more money, but it seems it was all spent on your sword. A fair trade, you reason. This is one of the finest swords you've ever had the chance to hold, and you had no plans of wasting the opportunity to use it. You quickly leave town, lamenting having no money for supplies, then begin making your way to the mines. Luckily you find a few abandoned supplies on the way, and manage to pocket a few vials and tonics.
+2 lower health vials(30-45), +1 lower mana tonic(15-30)
----Nessara Idyll----
The old captain gives you a weak smile before placing his palm firmly on your head. You feel weaker and weaker, until you're brought to your knees. He releases you before you begin to feel pain. As you look up, you see an image entirely different from the one you saw before. The kind old captain now appeared as a mighty demon clad in black armor with a white cloak. His sword had transformed into a weapon fit for four mean to carry. He gives one gentle sweep of his weapon, and 7 of the attackers are sliced in half, seemingly with ease.
The demon knight grabs an attacker attempting to flee, and crushes him with his hand. You feel the energy return to you, as the beast continues to cut down the enemies. By the time he's through, his transformation seems almost unreal. Horns had grown from his head, his fingers become claws, his sword black with blood, and his white cloak now stained red.

+50 experience!(4700 lost)
----Roscow Illiad----[/img]
You cast Sunshine Blast on the two guards, blinding and injuring them. The stranger fires another shot as you quickly enter the closet to your right. There isn't much in there, only 150 copper or so. There are a few vials and tonics that seem to be for healing. You grab them, and hear another shot. You can tell one of the guards was taken down, and feel a bit strange.

+5 lower health vials(30-45), +2 lower mana tonics(15-30)
+10 experience!(5 lost)

----Lilith Zetal----
You run into the forest until your wounds from the arrows keep you from progressing any further. The area isn't so bad a spot, though it's not quite what you'd have preferred for a hideout.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2012, 09:10:23 pm »

Find a nice sturdy, and out of sight area up in the trees then climb up to it. Proceed to are for my wounds, and do what I can to heal them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

(Inquire about what just happened and about those assailants)

Her soul.

Of all the things that she didn't understand, this completely dumbfounded her. In all her journies, demons were regarded as beings of evil, fallen angels by some and paragons of deceit by others.

Why did it return her power?

"C-Captain? You're a demon?! Why were you alone in the fight and how come there were more than a dozen of them when the papers you gave me told of only a handful?" Nessara couldn't find any other way to say it, but straight to the point.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:14 am »

Summon another elemental to distract the bear again

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2012, 10:19:31 am »

Action: On, on, on my way to the mines...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
(I'm assuming you wanted to summon an ice elemental)
You summon an ice elemental, but the bear seems to be ignoring it.
The elemental casts ice spike at the bear dealing 25 damage.
The bear seems out of it, you take the initiative to summon another elemental.
Both elementals cast Ice Spike on the bear, dealing 50 damage.
The bear gives a weak slam to the ground. You keep your balance, but you and the elementals each take 5 damage.

Caer
----character state----
Level: 0
Health: 70/75
Mana: 60/90
Experience: 0/80
-
Phys.Dmg: 0-2
Phys.Def: 86
Crit.Rate: +0.5
    Caer's Elemental(2)
Health: 85/90 - 60/90
Mana: 85/90 - 75/90

Fortress Bear
----character state----
Level: 6
Health: 735/1800
Mana: 0/0
Experience: 4 levels/2 levels
-
Phys.Dmg: 10-20
Phys.Def: 0
Crit.Rate: 0
----Oza-Al'Alasi----
Your tune of fortune inspires you on your way to the mines! You'd strike a pose if it weren't such a silly idea. You do pick up the pace when some wolves are spotted. They don't seem to mind your presence, but you decide being there for too long would be stupid. By the time the morning sun rises, you're at the mines. And exhausted. Have you really been moving for two days without rest?
----Nessara Idyll----
The demonic form of the old knight crawls off of his body, bringing him back down to his human self, though notably younger than when you saw him sleeping in the doorway. He seem even younger than you now.
"I'm no demon, I am merely a byproduct of human golem experimentation. As are those beings we fought. They were made by the thief and his cohorts."
----Lilith Zetal----
You manage to find a nice tree. The climb up is difficult, and Sonny berates you for hurting yourself needlessly, but you make it to the top in no time. You have to spend a large chunk of mana healing yourself, but what you used will be returning soon. A few more scars for the greater good...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:07 pm »

Nessara put both hands to the sides of her temple and let herself collapse to the ground. This was a fun trip for going back home, almost too fun. All she wanted was a meet with everyone she knew and a bit of adventure on the side. Which is exactly what she got, and more.

She pushed herself up after milling off the thoughts in her head. "So you aren't actually a...demon? Or a Guardian of the town? And...a Golem? I've never heard of such beings in my hometown at all. I saw lights of differing colors earlier, was that made by the theif too?

"And, I guess the fact that you didn't sap out my soul explains your intentions. Where can we find that thief?"
She inspected him again, he actually looked good, in the light. "I'd bet the thief would've gotten away right now, eh?"

(Maybe go after the thief after inquiries are answered)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2012, 02:38:56 am »

Roscow peaks out the door to check out what is going on. If the thugs are out cold, he will steal their guns and ammo before continuing to explore. If the stranger is still doing some fighting; wander into melee and help out.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:18 pm »

"Well now that I have achieved my goal, it is time to put my plans into action. This war will end soon my Children, but I'm afraid this may be the end of me. After all what does a new world need with a broken piece from the past?" Lilith said as she laid down to rest for a bit, the soft embrace of sleep falling over her as the dim light of the setting sun filled her eyes. Hours later she jolted awake as a cold breeze ruffled the tree, and the night sky filled the void above. Seeing the time she crawls down from the tree, and sets out, her face obscured by the dark green hood she used to shroud it.

Sleep a bit to recover from my wounds (Purely Fluff if need be)
Then head out to search for a nearby village under the cover of darkness.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
"Those lights were the magic the thief put into his golems. They can make simple barriers, wards, and other things like that, but they only pose a threat when they use their offensive magic. I was put into the state you saw me in by their spells. If the thief was trying to break through the wall, then I imagine he's trying to sacrifice the city. Either to make a golem like me, or summon an actual demon."
----Roscow Illiad----
You open the door to the closet as the last shot is fired, and the remaining guard falls. You hear other guards from the leftmost hall, but it seems they ran to get backup. The stranger walks from around the corner. It's your client!
----Lilith Zetal----
(You got a natural 100 on a jokingly made sleep roll...)
Your rest is profound and deep, clear 'visions' of your elemental comrades light up your otherwise black dreams. Though they seem different from before, more open, somehow. It reassures you. Through magic, your elementals transfer some of their knowledge to you.
You're shocked awake by the cold winds of the forest. It's still night, and you feel that going back to sleep will be difficult now. You decide to try making your way to the nearest village you know of. On your way there, however, you encounter a band of rookie soldiers. You doubt they'll pose much of a threat, but you won't be able to avoid them without a fight.
+5 to light, water, nature, dark, stone.
+10 to daggers
+5 to bows
+2 to robes
All gathering, processing, and craft skills raised by 3
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20