Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12659 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots open
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »

(TF: The rain could also be a factor in the bear blocking the sun. ad: Sunny is female, Sonny is male.)
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You channel the magic through your veins, watching as your skin slowly becomes a shade of pale purple with each pulse. The magic leaves your hand and manifests as an elemental of chaos. The being takes shape, rapidly twisting, mutating, reanimating, until it eventually settles on the form of a tall, lean humanoid with a large disk formed around its center.
    Caer
----character state----
Level: 0
Health: 75/75
Mana: 70/90
Experience: 0/80
-
Phys.Dmg: 0-2
Phys.Def: 86
Att.Spd: 1
ComboCap: 1
Crit.Rate: +0.5
    Caer Elemental
Health: 90/90
Mana: 90/90

Fortress Bear
----character state----
Level: 6
Health: 1800/1800
Mana: 0/0
-
Phys.Dmg: 10-20
Phys.Def: 0
Crit.Rate: 0
(This fight is winnable, area collapse hits six times, you can absorb your elemental's health for health or mana, and you recover 20 mana per turn, but only in this fight. There are other methods of victory, but a straight fight will be a viable option for now.)
----Oza Al'Alasi----
"The beast is some form of chimera. It's assumed to be the byproduct of goblin alchemists attempting to forcibly evolve the local gryphons. Legend states that long ago Gryphons used to inhabit caves to remain isolated, so we suspect that's why it took over the mines."
----Nessara Idyll----
You fire an arrow at the captain's enemy, hitting the upper arm, and wounding them enough for the captain to get a good hit on the leg. The assailant manages to heal the wounds in time to dodge another hit from the captain, but is now heading toward you.

Nessara
----character state----
Health: 45
Mana: 45
-
Phys.Dmg: 8-12 ranged
Phys.Def: 120
Att.Spd: 2
ComboCap: 2
Crit.Rate: 0.5

Unknown
----character state----
Level: ?
Health: ?
Mana: ?
-
Phys.Dmg: ?
Phys.Def: ?
Att.Spd: ?
ComboCap: ?
Crit.Rate: ?
----Lilith Zetall----
Sunny keeps you company throughout the night as you rest. You have no dreams left to see, so your rest is mostly black. Black and silent. Until you're forced awake. It seems the ship was forcibly crashed by an outside force while you couldn't do anything to stop it. Sunny apparently had you hidden for a while, but has kept an eye on your comrades. They're currently being held captive by an older elf of shorter, but sturdier stature. He has a beard, and is armed with several weapons you didn't know the island had access to.
"I know you're around here somewhere Lilith! Come out, or the hostages will die for every warning left unheeded!"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:53 pm »

Lilith walked out of the her room, and spoke, "Here I am, what is it you want of me child?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2012, 12:05:34 am »

Nessara straightened her stance and notched another arrow, she didn't think the enemy would see her just like this, but she was prepared for anything.

"Captain!" she yelled. "Stay on Guard, I'll handle this!"

Her eye darted to the handle of her polearm that was sticking out of her pack, just one more shot then it would be down to the melee.

Attack at Range with another arrow!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
(Natural 20s woo.)
You fire another arrow, hitting the assailant in the head! The enemy was hit mid jump, with the assailant losing control of their body, they hit the side of the building you're on and fall to the ground, removing any chances of survival.
    +50 experience!
    Nessara
----character state----
Experience: 50/80
-
----Lilith Zetal----
"Don't play dumb with me, I know your game, Lilith! Recall all yer elementals now, and I'll give the kids back to you!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:20 pm »

Nessara lowered her bow while mentally congratulating herself for that fine shot and accompanying it with a silent cheer.

She runs over to the assailant and tries to unmask him, while glancing at the Captain and the surroundings to make sure that all is well.

"Nobody steals from my town!"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2012, 11:57:41 am »

"If that is what it takes then I will." Lilith said, and the elemental disappeared back to where it had been resting before. "Now why is it you wish to see me child?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »

Oza nodded. Time to get prepared.

Action: Oza goes shopping for armor and weapons...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2012, 03:30:01 pm »

While the beast is preoccupied with the swirling mass of energy it will slowly wither as it grows older and dies.

>Caer: Cast Body Collapse.

((Bears only live about 30-40 years right? It should be faster to age it to death.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
You wait outside the doctor's last stop. It takes an hour or so before things get interesting. You hear a loud pop, a noise you've become familiar with in your line of business. It was a prototype weapon of the mafia, something they called a pistol. It wasn't very powerful, but it was strong enough to kill an unarmored civilian like that doctor.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2012, 12:26:26 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
The bear simply sits there, watching as you and your elemental cast body collapse at it, dealing 40 damage to it. The years shaved from its life seem to have no kind of effect on the beast.

Caer
----character state----
Mana: 80/90
-
    Caer Elemental
Health: 90/90
Mana: 80/90

Fortress Bear
----character state----
Health: 1760/1800
-
----Oza Al'Alasi----
You hide the gold inside your armor to make sure nobody can manage to steal without you knowing, and begin the short walk to the market. Luckily, shops in capital cities tend to stay open throughout entire days. You hear some noises off in the distance, but it's too far to tell if anything is going on, so you brush it off right as you reach the steps of the weapons and armor shop, The Golden Armory.
You open the old, wooden door and find yourself surrounded by an array of fine swords, axes, maces, leather, chainmail, anything. This is one of the most well respected armories on the continent, and you've always dreamed of buying a masterpiece that came through here.
The storekeeper is an older gentleman, he can't possibly be younger than 50. He wears a heavy apron covered in soot, possibly from a smelter. You pull out the coin purse, and he immediately asks how much you have.
----Nessara Idyll----
As you go to inspect the enemy, you hear a noise from behind you. Two more enemies have arrived!

Nessara
----character state----
Experience: 50/80
-

Unknown(2)
----character state----
Health: 35
Mana: 30
Experience: 15
-
Phys.Dmg: 9-12 melee
Phys.Def: 90
----Lilith Zetal----
"We want to know why a traitor like you is coming through our territory now, of all times, Lilith! We rescued you from that forest when you came to the island, and we healed the major scars on your body, yet you took the side of those filthy nobles?!"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:36:32 pm by Lillipad »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

Damn! Caer gritted his teeth and glared at the monstrosity. The bear must be a nefarious magical beast of sorts. I cannot fight it by merely aging the creature to death. I'll have to kill it with the shear power of chaos. With that thought Caer cast Area Collapse, being sure that he was far enough away to not be hit.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You cast area collapse at the specimen, and notice a strange reaction in the spell. The rain seems to be playing tricks on you, as you could swear it hit more than it should. Regardless, you cringe with the specimen as it takes the brunt of your attack. It stirs, but doesn't seem to view you as worth attacking.
Your chaos elemental casts body collapse at close range, and is quickly swatted away, back to your side.

Caer
----character state----
Mana: 60/90
-
    Caer Elemental
Health: 74/90
Mana: 70/90

Fortress Bear
----character state----
Health: 1650/1800
-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

"You have got to be-... I thought there was only one of you louts!"

Nessara spun in place to face her enemies, mindful of the position of the old Captain.

'At least they're still at range.'

Fire another arrow, then another at the same target until they get near melee range!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:52 pm »

The rain. Caer's eyes broaden at the sudden realization as raindrops roll down his face. Yes of course the rain! It shall come crashing to my aid. I shall bring the rain down with a crushing force upon my fascinatingly furry foe. It's a pity that the manifestation of the chaos within me that now stands beside me cannot realize what I have just now. He held his hands out again, gathering more chaotic energy from within himself to crush the bear once again with an Area Collapse.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20