Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12644 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:23 pm »

Oza had seen the leader of the attack from far away. He knew the heart of the attack when he saw it...he had prepared  a blinding spell-hoping it would weaken them enough for someone to get in a telling blow...

But he hesitated upon seeing the woman. It was always the dames. His own morals clashed with his reason.

Fact. Oza Al'Alasi didn't like to engage in violence. Against women even less. He had watched his own father beat the life out of his mother at such a young age...and had always feared that evil was in him, passed through the blood. He was not afraid of much-except that he would lose control. Become a monster.

He shook his head again. Oza knew he was a fool-this woman was a merciless killer-but he couldn't stop himself. He tried to reach out to her, calling out.

"...please, stop this madness! The people do not deserve this, they have done nothing. Cannot you not see how much pain you are causing? What point does any of it serve?"

Action: Try to speak to the mad woman!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »

Bael looked at the devastation, becoming increasingly worried. He was not sure that he could change what was happening, but he would not flee. He was going to defend his city, no matter what happened. He ran towards the center of the destruction, determined to find who was responsible of the devastation. Eventually, he spotted two men - an elf, and an armored man - standing in the middle of the devastation. The elf did not look very dangerous, but the man was made of another stuff. When he heard the elf's words, he assumed that the man in armor was the foe that he was looking for.

"Who are you, stranger? What are you doing in this city?"

He ignored the elf, worrying about the man in armor. The other looked dangerous. Extremely dangerous.

Bael asks what the man is doing in the city. If the armored man is hostile, Bael will attack him.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 05:04:15 pm »

Roscow smirks as he sees an armored, and armed, dwarf arrive at the scene. Backup, and a good excuse to avoid charging into the fray himself, has arrived. He clenches his fist and mentaly prepares himself to cast spells should the strange man be hostile. -Always better to fight smart than fight fair...-

Amended Action: Roscow will keep his distance and fire his blinding burn spell at the man every other round should he prove hostile.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »

Nessara is afraid.

But she does her best to hide it, short of falling to her knees that is.

She assumed the man had some connection with the elementals--the one Wind Elemental she saw earlier and the one he rode on. They were the cause of this, no doubt. There was blood on both of them, of the townspeople, she guessed so.

Why was it always men.

"Who-...who are you? Why have you killed those innocents?" she shouted at the man with a tremor in her voice, partly feigning fear to lure in answers. She couldn't suppress her doubts, but she also couldn't see the man's face, or his expressions through the armor. Just the blade he was holding, and it was not a normal one. She assumed he was going to kill her like he did the rest-- silently and without remorse. If she could see his face, she wondered if it was really a man behind that hardened shell.

She hoped her advantage in speed and dexterity in her light armor would prove more than a match for the man in heavy plate. The elemental was one to behold, why didn't he order it to kill her?

'Father, Mother. I wish you both safety. Don't worry about me any longer.'
she thought, her vision becoming watery as thoughts of her family and friends came and went like those people-- dying and disappearing by blade and fire.

Try to talk to the man and get answers. If proven hostile, fire that arrow. Run back and around both man and elemental, strafing arrows at them. If taken into the melee, draw out my Polearm and fight.

Fight to the death.

'Why did I come back just now?'

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 12:19:21 am »

The people moving, the smoke, the crumbling building, all of it blended together in a grand visual of colours around the chaos knight. Caer stood up and walked to the edge of the village where the knight stood with no thoughts of defense. The pouring rain was freezing cold, but it felt odd as it hit his skin, a numbness on some drops, and a tingling itch on others. The smell of oxidized carbon combined with the humidity in the air to create a truly strange scent. He found himself getting closer to the knight.

Caer smiled as he looked and called upon the knight. "I see from your armour you appreciate chaos magic. What brings you here?" He couldn't maintain his gaze as frightened people were running across his view, and quickly found himself watching the people frantically running back and forth before finally returning his gaze to the armoured one. The red pools kept catching his eye, but he promptly looked back at the knight. The events didn't bother Caer, but he felt an urge to cast spells on the figure, which he ignored.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
"It would seem that the perversions of you heathens knows no bounds."
You observe as the thing in the armor with his fanciful blade vanishes away. You were looking forward to finding out about its armor, too. Such a shame. You decide to wander around through the chaos, as the things rush past you and fall one by one. An emotion you hadn't felt in years begins to swell from the depths of your mind.
You were angry. The things were falling, chaos was surrounding, and you had come so near to such chaotic artifacts. Yet you were angry. You seek out the thing in the armor, and find him atop a building. Hurling magic at the other things. Two more things appear, and you watch as the city you had come to cope with is turned into a smoldering hole in one very unlucky floating island.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
"Heathens deserve no such treatment. We shall judge the wicked, and burn the darkness away."
You swallow your pride as you watch her destroy another building full of people, and draws your sword. The smell of the burning bodies, falling buildings, and bloodstained streets tell you she won't be reasoned with. You rush at her, sword readied, and suddenly she's gone. You've seen teleportation done before, and this wasn't like anything you had seen.
You feel a sharp pain in your side, and suddenly find yourself falling from the sky. As you hit the ground, you see the woman walking away with a knife covered in what's most likely your blood. You didn't even know what had stabbed you had been pulled out, or that it was even a knife. You get to your knees, and watch another group of buildings fall to the woman.
----Nessara Idyll----
The man doesn't bother speaking and, before the arrow can even hit him, somehow gets behind you. You had studied this subject for too long to not know that he had used time magic. The question was how though, you knew from previous attempts that only gods can use time magic. And only one has ever become proficient in the power. This man was dangerous.
----Corvander Hellstave----
You rush the woman, even those who died evil deserve respect in death. She drops the head, then vanishes and knocks you down from behind. The hit was strong enough to send you in and out of consciousness. When you wake up, the woman is simply sitting there on a rock. Watching you. This wasn't even worth being called a fight, and you knew it. She was toying with you. That pisses you off.
----Bael Delten & Roscow Illiad----
"The wicked must be purged. Why do you heathens draw your weapons? Do you not wish to be cleansed?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:38 pm »

'....'

Corvander sensed something was not right. How did the lady manage to get behind him? It was not...unless...Time Magic. It was a power only displayed by Azrakel on certain occasions, usually to slow projectiles, but that was rare, and it tired Azrakel out. If this lady knew Time Magic....Corvander was no match, unless he had some Time Magic of his own.

>Find a way around the lady, and head to the nearest person I sensed using the strange 'sense'.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »

"I'll take it you ain't from around here either..." Roscow readies his blinding burn spell, but waits for either the man or the dwarf to make the first move.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »

Oza spoke in quiet voice. "...I'll stop her, I have to...help me, guys...I need strength."

He felt the spirits buoying his own soul...

Action: Cast Spirit Body I on myself and try to stop the woman with my sword!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 08:58:52 pm »

'Well, that throws diplomacy out the window,' she thought, wondering why the man would go into all this to execute her.

'I just hope he underestimated me...'

Drop that bow, perform a tactical roll away from him and draw my polearm!

"I'm not afraid of you."

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:49:30 pm by Tiruin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »

"Wicked? Heathen? Cleansed? Are you out of your mind?"

Of course, the man was completely crazy. He was also a very powerful spellcaster, and Bael did not want to take too much risks, so he acted as if he did not know what to do... But he had a plan. Of course, he had a plan. It implied some big stones - and thanks to the catastrophe, there were plenty of those around - and an old military tactic that he had seen back in the days. His regiment had a few geomancers back when he was a soldier, and they had a wonderful trick that they used to get rid of lonely spellcasters.

They called it Dwarven Diplomacy.

Using stone magic, crush the madman between the two biggest things made out of stone (be it rocks or simply rubble) nearby.

((I don't know how much I can do with 100 stone magic, so if moving really big stones is impossible, Bael will try to simply smash the guy's head between two medium sized rocks))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:44 pm »

Anger nearly blinded Caer as his vision blurred into a streaky wash of visual noise. "I'm not a heathen, naive! Know your place." He shouted with a mad ferocity that had never surfaced before. His eyes flared and his hair blew back as mana swirled in the air around him. His hands were flung outward until his arms were fully outstretched. The area in front of him swirled uncontrollably catching at least one of the enemies in its wake.

Cast Area Collapse 1 and try to catch both of them in the blast.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You charge your spell, readying it for where you expect him next. As you release the spell, you feel yourself stopped. You observe the spell barely even crawling at its goal. The armored things seem to move freely, taking their time. As you watch the things flit about, you witness your spell being redirected at you. As your surroundings become normal again, you feel your spell hit you.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
You drag yourself back up on your feet, and unleash the spirits on your body. You draw your sword and rush the woman again. The same thing happens, she vanishes. Another cut in what just happened occurs, however, you find yourself stabbed through by a sword after this cut.
----Nessara Idyll----
You put your bow away, and bring out your polearm. You take a swing at the man's head, and are surprised at seeing a hit. You feel the weight of the polearm hit the man's head, then look in shock as he recovers easily from the hit. The man seems entirely unaffected.
----Corvander Hellstave----
You begin running into town, desperately trying to get help. The woman casually strolls along you, almost entirely without any signs of hostility. You reach an area you felt earlier, only seeing another armored woman stabbing a man through. The woman who knocked you out resumes her observing of you, as the other pulls her sword out of the man.
----Bael Delten & Roscow Illiad----
Bael ignores the man's questioning of resistance and begins draining his mana pool launching stones at him. The man simply pushes the launched stones aside with his hands, and continues his questioning.
"Why do you resist us?"
While the man is distracted with his speech, Roscow releases a Blinding Burn on the man. It hits, but the blindness seems to be mostly ineffective. Only enough of a distraction to allow the last Stone Spike to hit.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »

Oza felt what might have been a mortal blow deflected...one of the spirits flickered out, giving too much power to him, keeping him alive.

"...I...too...mu...ch...pai..n...forgive me, Oza..."

And She was gone. Oza gnashed his teeth. No! She had been one of his oldest friends.

Dammit. You have to be smart..think, man...

He had no chance against her speed, but maybe...she was predictable, anyway. Always went for his blind side. It was his best chance.

Action: Get back up again-as soon as I begin to charge, immediately pivot around and strike the air where I know she has struck me from before, as fast as I can.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »

Bael felt despair as the armored man blocked all of his attack easily. However, the elf proved to be useful when he casted a blind spell. That gave Bael an idea. He turned towards the elf while the armored man was still blinded and he whispered a few words.

"Cast a light spell behind my back... Use the light to make me look as godly as possible, alright? I know how to deal with madmen... I think."

He turned towards the armored man and he tried to look as brave and mighty as possible.

"Why do you resist? Do you not wish to follow us to a better world, a world where there are no Heathen? I wish to be purged, but I do not desire to leave this land without you, purest of all souls."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20