Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12660 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot open
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 11:35:40 pm »

"Of all the-"

It took Nessara much patience and will to stop herself from kicking the man in the vulnerable areas, just to wake him up. How can a Guard actually do that by the way?

She moved up to the side of the doorway. "Guards, Guards! Help! A Thief!"

'You actually think he'll hear that?'

'Worth a bloody try.'

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:27 pm »

----Nessara Idyll----
The slumbering giant shocks awake and looks in all directions.
"Hm! Thieves!? Where are the thieves!? Young lady, where are these thieves I hear of?!"
The man's helmet falls off. He's fairly old for a guard, shown in his hair which is kept nice and brushed, with little chance for a stray hair to get in his eyes. He has a large, handlebar mustache, mostly gray from age.
"Young lady, call on my men! Surely they will catch the thieves while I escape from my predicament!"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2012, 11:53:43 pm »

Nessara smiled, at least someone here was alert enough. "It's nice seeing our Guardians alert and vigilant now. The Thief has escaped, sadly. If you would be so kind as to tell me the recent places that had been frequented by thieves, it would help me a lot.

"I'm personally hunting that thief by the way, no need for any of the other Guardians to come. Could you help me in my investigation?"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2012, 01:35:52 am »

Roscow wanders into the common room of the Inn with a sigh, sitting by the dying fire as he watches the sun rise through a window. He places the shield patch at his feet and mulls over the situation aloud and within earshot of the inn workers, just in case one wants to step in and offer advice.

"Okay. So that thief beat me silly, and bolted just as I was turning the tide of battle. Shortly afterwards the same man, or somebody who looked alot like him dropped a corpse right near my damn feet."

The elf plays with his hair as he continues to mull the situation. "Dead guy seems like a mob hit on first glance, but the mob either botched the job or somebody stole their kill. They gave him poison, and somebody beat him to death with a blunt weapon before he could off himself."

Roscow grabs his own mace and rests it on his palm. "The thief didn't have blunt weapons. Just a blade. But I messed with him, and I use blunts... could the thief be trying to frame me? I took quite a bit of stuff off the corpse... If somebody wanted to level that charge against me, I'd surely get the gallows or worse."

Examining the tiny shield on the ground Roscow shakes his head. "And thanks to this little guy, I stayed up all night. I hope its a clue... or something of enough value to make this whole misadventure worth my time."

Roscow retreats to his room and attempts to check out the past of the shield patch. Should that not get the answers I want ask around the Inn to see if anybody knows where I can find a lore-keeper/Librarian/sage person to look at it for me.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2012, 04:10:26 am »

Oza nodded somberly. This was big...

He knew that spirits lived by different rules than the living-they had trouble entering or leaving places they were not welcome in, for example-which was hauntings occurred most often. They were not material, and as such, the immaterial world held sway over them. The power of emotion could change them, heal them, destroy them. Seals and promises to a spirit were things that were not broken-and most goodly spirits remained on the material plane at the behest of whatever God they had dutifully served in life. In return for a vow of peace and obedience, they remained sane, and protected from evil to a degree.

So, he it was the Gods then. Oza sighed. They had done worse than merely kill him. They had made him a ghost-erased the memories of those he had befriended and courted, or altered reality itself to make it so. For Oza, this was a bitter fate. He had been alone for...many years. What few friends he had, he treasured. And they had been stolen from him.

He did not know why he was chosen, but he suspected he would know soon enough.

For now, he would help Elaina. He would get his life back, no matter what it took.

He rose from the bed and went to Elainas room, knocking on the door...

"Elaina Copperfield? It's...Oza Al'Alasi. Could you speak with me?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2012, 05:31:00 pm »

----Lilith Zetal----
You wake to the sound of cheering. It appears another piece of territory has been claimed, and an authority among the enemies has been brought to camp. You look sorrowfully at the kind man you remember from your childhood being yelled and cursed at. Time seems to slow as he's moved on, and taken to the interrogation grounds. Not a scream is heard the entire time of his interrogation. When he comes out, he's bloody, and beaten. And yet, you can't seem to cry for him. He's dragged off to his execution, and you watch the man you loved like a father die at the hands of your "allies." You wonder why you can't leave.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »

Caer looked at the bow musingly. It was surprisingly well crafted, but it was quite worn, not that it mattered to Caer. "I have no need for such things. I have a profound understanding of chaos magic. The bear will be unaware of what collided with his pelt." He proudly started walking out of the musty and humid barracks, he called back from in front of the door. "I must apologize for my abrupt and abrasive introduction last night. I simply do not take an unnecessarily pointed bow well. Farewell, I'm off to find the alchemically changed one." Caer walked out the door and held out his hand as if expecting it to tell him how the days weather would be, but he knew it would tell him little his eyes hadn't already told him.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:30 pm »

Lilith felt sadness, but she was used to it, for she was always sad for what she had seen, and for what she was sure would come to pass. She had lived forty years, but even that had brought her enough sadness to last fifty eternities, she had no more tears, none for the dead, and none for the living. She watched, and with each passing day the people of this world fell, one by one by one, those that remained, and those that had an eternity to live just brushed it aside, but she toke it all in, and set that burden upon her own shoulders.

She wished for freedom, and she would have it, she would shed blood that was for sure, but she had no tears to give for what she must do. What came to pass would come to pass, but she would watch on, helping those she could, and punishing those that must be punished. Many here had sinned, she would find those among them who were purest, and bring them to her cause then she would cleanse those that were to corrupted to save.

With that in mind she spoke to the nearest guard, "Look, look at how you have fallen, what you do brings death, and sadness in its wake. You have killed, that I know, so tell me when you sleep do the faces of those who slain haunt you? Do they come to you in your sleep asking for you to repent? Do they give you forgiveness for what you have done?"

Speak to the nearest guard

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

Nessara smiled, at least someone here was alert enough. "It's nice seeing our Guardians alert and vigilant now. The Thief has escaped, sadly. If you would be so kind as to tell me the recent places that had been frequented by thieves, it would help me a lot.

"I'm personally hunting that thief by the way, no need for any of the other Guardians to come. Could you help me in my investigation?"

----Nessara Idyll----
The guard gave a look reflecting deep contemplation before answering.
"Very well, young lady. The papers are inside this building, but as you can see..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:37 pm »

Nessara smiled. "I have no reason to not go against whatever you have to say, as long as the ends meet, I'm not interrupting you.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2012, 12:18:05 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You hand the thing back its bow, and begin walking through the rain. It pelts your skin hard enough that you become surprised at the lack of bruises it produces. You chuckle at the idea of rain being so hard, but have to stop yourself early. The last time you chuckled about something in such a manner you went into a full on laugh, and your things became concerned about you, and wouldn't stop harassing you for several months. But you bring yourself back to the present. You see the shark-like guard leaning on a small building. You say small, but it's an average sized one floor building, he's just taller than it.
He seems to be preoccupied with a female thing who appears to be the island's elder. Elven aging confuses you, as the elders typically look younger than you.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
(I'm not going to deny you a romance in this, but I'm not writing any dialogue from her perspective when you try to woo her. I will write out dates(begrudgingly), scenes, and weddings, but never any dialogue.)
Elaina slams her fists on the door, getting as violent as ever when she's in a hurry.
"Unless you can burn the contract to ashes, leave!"
----Nessara Idyll----
"That's... not quite what I meant, young miss. I'm quite stuck right now."
----Roscow Illiad----
You try to do the same thing to the patch as you did to the letter. The pulsing it exerts is getting stronger, but when the pulse enters you, something different happens. The patch fades, and becomes a tattoo on the back of your hand. It begins glowing a faint gray. The memories of the now vanished patch begin flowing into you.
It seems an order of warriors use the patch as their identification. The dead dwarf was an honorary member because of his ancestry, but the patch wouldn't bond to him like it did to you. Like the letter, the patch had emotions, and it was attached to the dwarf, no matter how much it couldn't bond to him. You come back from the past.
Upon further inspection, the coat of arms on the tattoo is different from what was on the patch. The patch had a horse head in the top left, with a fist in the bottom right, and axes in the background connecting the four squares on it. But your tattoo has a lion head in the bottom left, a wing in the top right, and a mace going down the middle of the four squares.
----Lilith Zetal----
The guard opens the visor on his helmet to look at you. In his eyes you can see the sadness and pity he feels for you.
"Listen, Lilith. I know you hate this war, and you hate all the soldiers killing people you knew. But we don't know any other way to settle this conflict. If you truly want out of this war, I can try to get it arranged to have you taken away from here."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »

Nessara hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. She wondered why the guard was sleeping and standing at the same time. It just couldn't be done!

"Here, let me try to help you."

Exert effort in shouldering the obstacle out of path.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:36 pm »

"I know we can not end this war, that is why I must remain. All I ask for is your help, I need your aid, and I need the aid of many more. If you would help me find others who would stand with me, who would fight for the people not for the two sides that struggle over this land, help me free the people of this land, and end this war. Bring those to my side who would seek to save lives, not take them. For those who are punished by the needs of both armies, I ask you to help me." Lilith replied as she saw the sadness in his eyes. She took a deep breath, and looked up towards the sky as she mumbled "Gods why have you forced this war onto the innocents, is it to test me, if so I am already shattered beyond becoming what I once was. Is that why you punish these people, for I, who once strived to be a saint among men, can no longer cry the tears of true sadness?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

(( OOC:
(I'm not going to deny you a romance in this, but I'm not writing any dialogue from her perspective when you try to woo her. I will write out dates(begrudgingly), scenes, and weddings, but never any dialogue.)

Dohohoho. Made you uncomfortable, did I? :P

Really, I only planned it as a plot device to give Oza motivation to do more than wander around, and not...that. He's her friend, he's helping her. Right it from a logical perspective. I'll write the fun stuff myself if it comes to that.))

Oza sighed. He spoke again.

"..listen-I can get you out of this. I know you have no idea who I am...but I'm going to help you, Elaina. Even if it kills me.

You don't have to understand why, but I will. Can we just talk? About the contract. There's a way out...tasks, or something. I wasn't given many details..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »

(It isn't so much discomfort, as it is my disdain of having to write romance.)
----Oza Al'Alasi----
Elaina opens the door and pulls you through with an extreme amount of haste, nearly slamming the door on your arm.
"You can get me out of this situation?"
----Nessara Idyll----
You try to ram the guard out using your shoulder, but are met with the resounding experience of feeling your shoulder, made of flesh and bone, meet his armor, made of iron and silver. What's worse, no progress seems to be made. But a few people noticed the spectacle and decide to step in for you. It takes several minutes of pushing, but he is eventually freed from the comparatively small doorway. He spends quite a bit of time on his back, but eventually gets up, and hands you a few documents.
"These are the papers you requested."
----Lilith Zetal----
The guard closes his visor, and eventually responds after a bit of pondering.
"Very well. I'll gather some people for you, but this war will take more than just a few outsiders to end."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20