Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12656 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:26 am »

Oza tried not to gawp.

"Elaina. It's Oza Al'Alasi. Your friend?"

Inwardly, he was asking the spirits what in the Nine-Hells was going on...

Action: Question the spirits as the cause of her malady

OOC: Also, sorry for not updating in a proper manner. I'll try to keep my eyes on this thread from now on.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:17 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
As Elaina stands there confused by what you mean, a spirit you don't recognize calls out.
"Only the favored may retain their life. You are not he."
The spirit leaves your body after conveying that message, but the force of the spirit leaving knocks you out cold. You wake up a small time later in the room typically reserved for you by Elaina. The man you saw her with is glaring a disapproving look at you from the doorway.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:57 pm »

Oza looks over at the man. He couldn't even summon up anger. Something was...wrong. Very wrong.

"...Sir, why do favor me with such a fell look?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
The man gives you a look that seems to be his most threatening one possible. It reminds you of a large mouse you saw on one of your earlier travels.
"An outsider like you doesn't belong here. Elai... Ms. Copperfield and I don't need a stranger's help dealing with this issue. Her parents agreed to the terms before either of us were born, and we don't need outsiders going around and encouraging such blatant breaches of contract."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2012, 11:10:56 pm »

Oza held his forehead.

"Issue? Contract? What are you talking about?"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
"Our parents made a contract before we were born giving her parents a large sum of money to build this inn. The contract stated that if, by our 28th birthdays, they had not paid back the sum, we would come under control of all land owned by their family. There is a clause stating that if both family's children were unmarried by then, the debt would be considered put off if we were to be married. Ms. Copperfield has rejected the existence of the contract in its entirety, and refuses to hand the land over to my family. I am here today to negotiate with her parents the new terms of the contract."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

Oza shook his head. That was the Elaina he knew, anyway. She wouldn't give an inch against a man like this.

So why couldn't she remember him?

"...and, I suppose, Elaina doesn't want to marry you then...

Listen, what are you after really? Is it the money-the land-her?

Even if she doesn't...well, I'm still Elaina's friend. I'm going to help her, no matter what you say."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
"Very well, you'll have your way. I'll work things out with my family to get the contract cancelled if you can complete six tasks they give you. I'd rather not marry a peasant, I was simply fulfilling the contract. The details will be given in a few hours, do try and get Elaina out of her room by then."

(Screw the rules, I have green hair!)
----Caer Baelian----
You wake up to the lovely sight of water dripping in from the storm. You dry your face, and toss out the shirt you forgot you had. As you exit the barracks, you're greeted by the wonderful sight of the female thing. It tells you that Shark(the name you've settled on for now) found some work for you to do. The predators on the island were temporarily kicked out of their homes from a mudslide in the night. One of the larger ones, a higher grizzly bear, has apparently started rampaging. The thing tells you that Shark wanted you to kill the bear before it could harm the other animals or things inhabiting the island.
The female thing hands you a map to the bear's location, and offers you a bow for emergency use.
----Nessara Idyll----
In a huff of rage, you storm out of the tower, parents following closely behind, trying their hardest not to laugh at you. You nearly trip over a bucket left in the middle of the walkway, and find yourself on the verge of ripping someone's throat out by the time you finally reach the barracks. A large guard is stuck inside the doorway, and seems to have fallen asleep in this strange position he's gotten himself in.
----Corvander Hellstave----
The woman hands you a ring and tells you to deliver it to the castle if you really want to help her. She doesn't tell you which of the many castles in this city she was referring to...
----Roscow Illiad----
You look over the body. Further searching nets you a few notes, a strange, blunted dagger, and a small, shield-shaped patch. One of the notes seems to be from some underground market of sorts. It's a prescription for a fake medicine you've heard about. When the mafia deals with sick folk, they give them these prescriptions when they're late on a payment and want to trick them into offing themselves. You've at least got a prime suspect now, but you can't help but feel sorry for the poor old dwarf...

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »

----Bael Delten----
As the power of the six leaves your body, you feel your life shift back into normality. Never to return to the path of the outcast heroes again.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »

Oza waited for the man to leave patiently. He felt like slugging him for calling Elaina a peasant. But he wouldn't do that-not now, anyway.

Afterwards, he consulted the Spirits...with lots of questions.

"Hey...what's going on? Who was that voice before, the new one? What can you tell me..."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot open
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 05:23:54 pm »

----Oza Al'Alasi----
The spirits awaken and speak as one, a rare, and unsettling occurrence.
"Our seal and creed does not permit us to speak of it. But know that Elaina is not lost to you, only put further away."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 07:41:16 pm »

Roscow give the shield shaped patch the most attention. "It doesn't add up." he says aloud to nobody in particular, but fully aware that the crowd may be able to hear him.

"Poison that the Mafia uses... but if he was tricked into taking it he should have died in the comfort of his own home. But somebody dumped his corpse out here, and he looks more beat up than poisoned... I bet somebody else did it and planted the note with the intent to pass the blame onto the local underworld..."

The elf smirks and lets out a slight chuckle. "If they had dumped the corpse in front of anybody else, they would have gotten away with it."

Roscow looks into the notes past with Time Magic to see if the corpse had been carrying it for long, or if it had been planted.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 10:30:48 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
You take a look at the mafia note one more time, and feel a pulse from the piece of paper pass over into you. Your vision blurs, and the sounds around you are drowned out by the silence. You close your eyes, and go through the tunnel
An unfamiliar man scratches at you with a pen, you feel fulfilled. The tunnel returns, and you find the dead dwarf shaking hands with a human. The two smile, and you feel sorrow for the dwarf. The tunnel returns. The dwarf hands the note to a doctor, the doctor looks pale. The dwarf receives his medicine, he takes it. The tunnel returns. The dwarf is at work, speaking to his boss. He is told to leave, your sorrow increases. The tunnel returns. You hear the sound of the murder weapon hitting the dwarf, you cry.
You snap back to reality, gasping for air, on your back.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »

"Mob needs to get it's shit together." Roscow mutters with a sigh. "Giving him the poison, and having him murdered in a back allyway. Seems like their hit-men are not well coordinated whatsoever."

The elf sighs. "I'll look into that shield symbol later, but if that doesn't work I can't dwell on this murder forever. I have a client to replace."

Roscow bugs down some of his contacts to try and find a place to spend the night and see his wounds tended too.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 11:16:37 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
You look around for some of your contacts, but can't find them in any of the usual places. You decide to bite the bolt and manage to track down an inn yourself. Something tells you that you're gonna need to do a lot more of that. You curse as one of the workers brings you a salve and helps tend to your wounds. The worker saw you chase down and fight the thief, so you'll at least get some recognition for it. The entire inn idolizes you for your heroism, and lets you stay for free.
Something pulses out of the shield patch most of the night, nearly keeping you from getting any sleep. The innkeeper wakes you up, telling you that you can use the inn like your own home as long as you want. Apparently the decision took all night, with every worker involving themselves somehow.
Your wounds no longer ache.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20