Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12638 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open
« on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:53 am »

The Six. An order of time keepers, charged by the god of time, Chronus, with keeping the world from destroying itself. The Six never know that they have been tasked, they simply act. Some become the most praised heroes, while others become the lover or greatest ally of those they choose to be made into the hero. Then there are those who become the most foul of villains, their lover, or the poer behind the power. Regardless, it is of no consequence to Chronus. He simply seeks amusement in how these keepers use their powers.
However, the previous generation of the Six was ended early by Chronus himself. In what they had called a crusade against darkness, the Six nearly razed the world, forcing an entire generation to be reset. You six are the new keepers. Prove yourselves worthy, or face the consequences of angering the god of time.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC thread.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:54:16 pm by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - six slots
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You awake from your nap. The things are observing you again. How nice for them... You pick up a book and begin reading.
The book details the life and death of the only man who's fully mastered chaos magic. You already know the book in its entirety, despite this being your first reading of it. You know many things. After the things begin bothering you, you are forced to take your book outside to read. They nearly forced a shirt on you as well, but you cleverly avoided that crisis. You sit underneath a small structure in the park. It's cloudy, and you don't want the book to be rained on.
A loud noise, and piece of stone smashing the table in front of you interrupted your reading. But it was mostly the thought that you had forgotten to abandon the shirt somewhere that stopped you.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
It's been a long journey, but the next city on your list is finally within sight. It's got a port to an elven city you've been looking forward to visiting, so you won't stay long, but you hope to establish a trade route for your hometown with the people living there. Ten more minutes, and...! In horror you stare at the city, being burned to the ground by giant elementals of every kind. You rush into the city, where goblins are trying to defend the citizens. You grab the waraxe and spear off a random fallen soldier.
----Nessara Idyll----
It's finally time to return to your hometown, a trip you've been planning for months. You'd visit the bakery your old friend started, say hello to the children in the park, and you'd spend the next few months in relaxation. A pleasantry the last few years have barely allowed time for. As you get closer to the city, you notice something odd.
The last time you were here, you could easily see the tops of the towers that lined the wall, and the smell of freshly cooked foods filled the air from the ventilation system your father and mother had installed. You can't see the walls at all, only a rising pillar of smoke. You see a giant wind elemental fly away, but those aren't capable of creating smoke, at least not like this.
----Corvander Hellstave----
That raid you witnessed still has you feeling sick. You heard the rumors of goblin raids, but never expected your kind to be capable of such disgusting acts. When you get back to your tribe, you'll ask the chief to bring up a solution to the problem at the next meeting with the king, but for now, you just want to vomit. You rest for a while, then continue back to where your tribe is staying.
You had only wandered off to sell a few things to the town that was attacked, so staying out for too long wasn't an option. Pillars of smoke are rising in the direction of the city by your tribe. Another raid?
----sleeper one----
----sleeper two----

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - two slots
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:49:55 pm »

There was a blur of grey and brown as the stone crushed the table. Caer looked up at the event watching intently as his mind raced. A million questions continued to run through his head. What hit the table? How fast was it going? How far will the splinters bounce? What launched the object? Am I using the shirt they gave me as a pillow? How long will I take to investigate the object? None of these questions mattered, and many of them were ignored as Caer walked towards the object with a decidedly neutral stare. He placed his book off to the side as he walked into the rain and onto the wooden splinters. Caer squatted next to the object as the water beaded off his shoulders. He tilted his head in an attempt to discern what fell and why. Such events don't happen everyday.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - two slots
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »

Oza felt the whistling walking song he had been starting peter out as soon as he saw the Elementals. What evil was this? The destruction was meaningless, barbaric...so many dead, already. Mothers, daughters, sons and Husbands slain out of hand...and for what? He had to know. He had to stop them. Whoever it was, he would find them and stop them. He had done it before.

But there were so many of them. Too many.

He consulted his...inner voices. The spirits. Each one a unique voice in the chorus of his mind, none striving for control-each contributing to the strength of the whole.

"...This looks bad."

"You're telling me, Oza...odds not good, brother."
"Should we? I fear so many are already lost...we cannot save them all. But we must try."
"...we must try...our passion may not turn the tide, but we may shine the way..."
"For the good of all, then! Let us defy them...one last time. Strength and honor, my friends."

Oza nodded. It was agreed.

"...right. It truly was a pleasure, knowing you all. Let's make this last battle one to remember."

He felt the thrumming energy gather around him as he charged into the fight...Oza knew it was his death, but he did not falter. There was work to be done.

Action: Concentrate on protecting people as they flee the city
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:05:19 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »

----Bael Delten----
It's inspection day, and the city is booming with travelers. A bulk order of fine gems is sure to come in. You pick up an apple on your way to the mine and say hello to the kids playing heroes and villains in the park by the mine. Life is good.
As you enter your mine, you take the pully-vator down, and greet the guide. You had the honor of working with him before the old owner made the mistake of selling the mine to you. You were quick to grab him before he got hired anyone else, as he was too good at what he does to just let go like that.
Halfway through the inspection you hear a rumbling. You worked in the mines to not know that the rumbling was from the city, and not the mines. You abandon the inspection early and return to the surface. Your eyes are met with huge elementals storming the city, and one central power leading them around.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - one spot
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:26:08 am »

----Roscow Illiad----
A deal's about to go south in this city. You came to try and work the situation out before you lost an important client who actually had legitimate business going on. Legitimate business is a rare and important thing to hold onto in your line of work. You finish packing the things from the caravan you traveled with. The client is waiting in a dwarven city that's recently been under some new management in its mines.
You see a wealthy man walk buy eating an apple, you consider trying to do business with him, but you doubt he'd give you the time of day. Dwarves and goblins being so similar is a blessing and a curse for you.
You make it to the town square and wait a while. As you see the client arrive, a large stone is hurled from somewhere, crushing a building. A small army of giant elementals appear from the horizon. Panic starts to set in. You rush to your client, who's trying to help anyone in the crushed building.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 01:50:34 am »

Nessara suppressed her panic that killed off her smile and joy to be back home. Smoke usually meant something wrong, especially when it was as black as night and wafting through the breeze. That, or the local baker had overdone his next batch. But, this was different. The Elemental she saw was not the benevolent type she met in her journeys.

'Nothing else but humans and the occasional Elf, Dwarf or Goblin visits my home. What is an Elemental doing here?' she mused to herself, watching the smoke spread and fan out, obscuring her vision of the place.

'Calm down,' another of her thoughts interrupted. 'You're jumping to conclusions again. Just approach at a brisk jog, don't do anything stupid now...'

She ran towards the smoke, hoping it wasn't that bad and keeping an eye out for anything wrong. She readied her bow and nocked an arrow, just to be sure. She hoped the people were safe...

((Approach the smoke source))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:55:48 am by Tiruin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 02:25:29 am »

Roscow dose his best to swallow his fear and calls forth a stone golem to aid in sifting through the rubble. Roscow himself readies his mace, on the off chance that any of the huge elementals wander into melee range.

"Y-you got people or valuables in here?" He asks his client hurriedly "Or are we just doing the right thing?" Without waiting for a response the elf attempts to magicaly read the history of the collasped building, in attempt to discover why his client would be trying to save people here instead of fleeing.

-I expected this meeting to be stressful... but this is ridiculous!- The fixer thinks to himself, turning to humor to fight back the suddenly very real fear of death.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 02:38:28 am »

----Roscow Illiad----
"I live here, of course I'm going to try and help people! Now hurry, and help move this rubble off of the building, people might sill be alive in there!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 04:31:14 am »

'Damn.' Corvander muttered. He managed to gather some of the more vengeful villagers with weapons and organize a defense. Until....he sensed them. Not so much as knowing who they were, exactly, just that they were near. And moving towards him.

He had to know what the hell was going on here. Because he had just seen an elemental fly away, and it didn't look too friendly.

He picked up a spear from a dead goblin soldier and headed towards whichever one was closer.

>Head towards either of the two others I can sense.

(Also, Corvander doesn't have a tribe. He's an exile, from a young age. About 3, for displaying the ability for fire energy bolts, aka magic.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:25:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:31:20 am »

Bael was standing outside of the mine, surprised. There was something going on inside the city, something extremelly strange... And obviously dangerous. He turned towards a miner who was standing behind him, and when he spoke he tried to hide the doubt in his voice. He failed.

"Return to the mine. Close the gates. Don't let anybody in unless you are convinced that everything is safe. I will be back soon."

His old gear from the days in the army was in his home... In the middle of the city. He had to get there, even if that meant that he would have to place himself in a dangerous position. If he could get into armor and take his axe, nothing could be really dangerous for him. After all, he was Bael! He was the best fighter of the city and a master Geomancer! A few problems in the city center were not going to scare him... But he was already worried. It had been months since the last raid on the city, and the guards were all well trained and fully capable of dealing with bandits. There seemed to be alot of magic involved in the trouble, and while he was a good mage, Bael was not sure that he could handle something like that...

He could have worried like that for a long time, but finally his survival instinct kicked in. Staying here was dangerous, and fleeing was impossible - he was no coward, after all. His gear was in his house, and he was going to get it.

Bael will go to his house to get his armor and his battleaxe. After that, he'll try to find out what's going on.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »

Roscow nods and returns his weapon to his belt before focusing his attention on what is  left of the building. If the clients family was dead, or his business interests destroyed, he would have a better chance at fighting the elementals than he would at salvaging the deal.

-Its the right thing to do.- He thinks to himself. -And besides, on the off chance that this guys work comes out in once piece, helping him will score me major brownie points when it comes to closing the deal.-

He groans as he puts his somewhat impressive muscles to the test. The rubble is thick and heavy, and the taste of dust coats his mouth. The elf looks over his shoulder every few seconds to see if any more elementals or projectiles are heading their way.

Tears fill the fixers eyes, partly from the dust and other irritants in the air, but also out of genuine sympathy for his client. Roscow could just leave this mess should he survive, go and prospect some poorly explored mountain, or crash with some goblin raiders. The client had roots. He would have to stay, bury his dead, and try to rebuild his life.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 04:03:54 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
You examine the object. It seems to be a piece of the large tower just outside the town. You decide to leave it where it was. There would be more pieces to find around the city. The closer to the town's edge you get, the more things are seen screaming and running in fear. How nice...
At the very edge you see a thing in stylish dark armor with a magnificent blade. You approach the thing and begin inspecting its armor, as it seemed to have chaos magic weaved into it.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
You help the goblins get people out of the city. You see dozens of soldiers killing and being killed by smaller elementals. You try to shake it off and concentrate, but as less and less people are to be found, you eventually rush to the center of the chaos. A woman in strange armor you've never seen is leading the elementals. You watch her mercilessly slay soldiers attempting to attack her faster than you can keep up with. She stops a moment, and stares you down.
----Nessara Idyll----
You pick up the pace, nearly sprinting at the smoke. As you get closer and closer you see the gigantic tear in the walls. Almost as if a jagged knife had come down and cut the wall like a piece of meat. You see people fleeing the city, many were heavily injured. You don't see your parents, but you do see another elemental carrying someone come down and kill everyone attempting to run. You drop to your knees as the elemental lands in front of you. A man in strange armor drops off of the elemental and moves in front of you with his sword drawn.
----Corvander Hellstave----
Corvander gathers as many people as he can. They begin to rush into the city, but before they even make it half way, a woman in armor he had researched legends about when he was younger appears. She's holding the chief's head!
----Bael Delten----
Bael rushes past the crowds, nearly running into falling debris several times. The closer to his house he gets, the fewer people he sees. He eventually reaches his home, running in as fast as he can, reaching his armor. Bael puts his armor on as fast as he can, grabs his axe, and rushes back out. Half the city has already been destroyed.
----Roscow Illiad----
Roscow pushes back the tears, and after a while of dozens of people pulling debris off the building, a woman and child are rescued. Roscow and the client quickly return to pulling debris off after moving the two rescued to a safe location with guards. As more and more debris comes off, they only manage to find one other person who wasn't dead. She's barely conscious, but she says that the boulder that crashed into the building had someone on it. As she's laid out to rest, a pillar of first erupts from the wreckage and an armored man steps out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 04:06:25 pm »

Corvander muttered a goblin oath and began a duel with the woman. The chief may have been evil, but he was a goblin, and he felt an obligation to avenge him.

>Fight!!!!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

Roscow speaks to his client out of the corner of his mouth, not taking his eyes off the man in armor. "Take that girl and get to the mines. You should be safer there than in the middle of town. If we both survive, and you think your business intrests can rebound from this, seek me out later."

The elf then draws his mace and turns to the stranger who appeared in flames. "State your business sir. If you are here to cause these people harm ready yourself."

Action: If the man is hostile, fight him in melee until the client gets away or it looks like Roscow is getting his ass handed to him. Escape by blinding him with light magic and summoning a golem to cover the retreat.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20