Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bugfixing for Mastwork Mod. Everyone welcome ;)  (Read 3737 times)

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugfixing for Mastwork Mod. Everyone welcome ;)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 11:35:39 pm »

Tbh the addition of archaeology stuff sounds quite awesome if you can make it unique and interesting, including some more stuff aside from fossils, like chests and hidden artifacts or something. Tie it into the game somehow similar to the way LFR has orichalcum for tech advances.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »

Well, adding gems is easy. I could make 10 gems, call them whatever you can find while digging: Treasure cheast, old arftefact, unknown material, crashed ufo, fossilized bones, T-rex-skull...

And then make reactions that produce one or another item out of these gems. Treasure chests could produce a selection of valuable items, coins and gemstones, old artefacts can produce weapons/armor, uknown material could produce metal bars/ low chance of poison, crashed ufo is just for fun (or adds super ranged weapon, like in fallout 3 ;) ), fossilized bones create bones and the t-rex-skull creates an epic T-Rex Skull Helmet.

But anyway, I will spend some more thought on that. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »

Would be an interesting change in the typical process in DF: Find raw materials > craft them into something. Instead you'd once in a while find something already usable! (after processing in the archaeology workshop) Or just something that has a specific purpose rather than a general one as most things in DF do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:37 am »

se5a found another bug, Dungeon Masters (and I guess Prophets) go mad, because of offices of fellow nobles being better then theirs.

is noted and fixed :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 05:32:35 pm »

I can't seem to produce yarn cloth from sheep wool anymore since everything just ends up as "hair".
Is there an easy fix for this I could apply myself? My dwarves, of course, adhere to Murphy's Law and all need tons and tons of yarn cloth for moods.

/edit:typo.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:44:18 pm by hanspeter »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

Usually I would say: Add this: [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD] to the hair template. But it is already there. I will have a look, but I just checked some raws and cant find anything wrong with the materials. I will do testing.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:37 pm »

Found anything? I assume it has something to do with the generic materials as everything turns into "hair thread". Yarn cloth doesn't even show up in embark or caravans.
This bug is really annoying the fuck out of me. I've, by now, filled entire graveyards full of dwarves mooding for yarn cloth. Grrr.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

I checked the raws, i cant find a fault in them. I will try it ingame and see if I can reproduce it.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 06:25:56 pm »

I just checked whether or not somethings bugged on my end. Redownloaded the V0.8 file, set up a world straight out of the box, no changes to the default settings whatsoever, and still get the same problem: "Urist McWeaver cancels Weave Yarn into Cloth: Needs 15000 collected yarn thread" with the hair thread right next to him in the Farmer's Workshop.

Am I seriously the only one with this bug?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:15 pm »

Is the object a "body part" (²) or a "thread" (φ)? If the former, then you need to spin it into thread at a Farmer's workshop.

Does the hair material have the [YARN] token? If not, add it - without it, the game won't recognize it as a type of yarn.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:03 pm »

The hair is ok, and can be made into generic thread. BUT the thread is not accepted by the loom, you cant make cloth out of it. Same on embark, I can get pig tail fiber and silk cloth, but no wool/hair-cloth

I transformed it back from an inorganic:hair to local_creature_mat:hair. Lets see how it works out.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:02 am »

NOT FIXED - Friendly gremlin gets born and crashes game ?
I got a report that a player got a anouncement about: gremlin X has been born, and shortly after that the game did crash. Probably has to do with gremlins being a [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][PET] entity. COULD NOT REPRODUCE.

Raw: creature_standard.txt and/or entity_cave.txt

For reference, I have gotten [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][PET] creatures to work just fine - the meowkin in LFR have all three of those tokens.  I doubt the crash came from that particular combination.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

Yeah, the gremlin was friendly because of a reclaim bug, but what caused the crash, no one knows...

I will clean the first page, since a new version is up.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »

Not really a bug, but more of a complaint: you don't have a download package that takes less than 5 minutes to download (took over 7 minutes to get it from DFFD).
It's over 30 megabytes long, and most Dwarf Fortress players already have both the game itself and most of the utilities you've included - excluding them would shrink the download to about half its original size, though at the cost of requiring users to extract your mod on top of an existing Dwarf Fortress installation.

Actual bugs, at least in the default configuration:
* WARPSTONE_UNSTABLE complains that it occurs within the nonexistent material KAOLINITE. This looks to be a result of you attempting to delete materials by simply replacing the leading "[INORGANIC:" with "!NOGEM!INORGANIC:" - if you want to remove an object from the raws, you need to remove all of its tokens, not just the one that says "begin new object", since otherwise it'll just continue to parse the new tokens and apply them to the previous object (in this case, it picked up the [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:KAOLINITE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] line from TURQUOISE).
* Anthracite is tagged as appearing within JET, but said material doesn't exist (because you commented it out with "!NOMIN!").
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:52:53 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »

A download package without the extra content would be possible, BUT I would have to include another manual, to tell people what directory they would have to copy the utilities in, so that my program can find them.  Copying the mod over vanilla DF will lead to countless errors. I dont think that 32mb is too much. Its not like a few gig, like any other game...

Just checked, a utilities and extra-content less version would be: 20mb, but the settings.exe crashes then, because of missing content. ^^

About the rest: I will fix the warpstone, thanks. I wondered about that, because I moved all optional materials to the top, to avoid the problem you mentioned. It seems that inorganic_stone_gem is targeted by two functions, the warpstone and the gem one. I will split it in two raws then.  unfortunately I cant remove all errorlogs, since I have about 100 settings, that makes over 5000 combinations possible. I cant test all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4