Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bugfixing for Mastwork Mod. Everyone welcome ;)  (Read 3738 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Bugfixing for Mastwork Mod. Everyone welcome ;)
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

New Version up, therefore a clean slate. All new issues will be collected here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:44:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Esta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugfixing for Mastwork Mod. Everyone welcome ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 05:55:36 pm »

NOT FIXED - Tame Dragon arrived on map as a pet. Should only be aviable through trading with elves. COULD NOT REPRODUCE

Raw: creature_masterwork.txt, [CREATURE:DRAGON_TAME]

Remove [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to fix that. Elves have [USE_ANY_PET_RACE]. Problem is, that Elves will likely be able to bring Dwarven constructs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »

NOT FIXED - Tame Dragon arrived on map as a pet. Should only be aviable through trading with elves. COULD NOT REPRODUCE

Raw: creature_masterwork.txt, [CREATURE:DRAGON_TAME]

Remove [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to fix that. Elves have [USE_ANY_PET_RACE]. Problem is, that Elves will likely be able to bring Dwarven constructs.

And the tame dragons will be incredibly rare if they're only bought from elves.

NOT FIXED - Glazing, explosion and tissue materials are still in stone screen.
I use a lot of new inorganic materials, for reactions and bodyparts. They do appear in the stock screen under economic stones. This is only cosmetics, but I would like to remove them.

Add [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE]? Not sure about that, but yeah.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:47 pm »

Hi,

NOT FIXED - Mirgants might arrive with hurt feet, some might suffocate.
No idea why. I could guess that is has to do with bare feet and frostbite, but why the suffocation ? Could only reproduce it once.

suspect this might be the same problem I mentioned in the other thread, cause could be wading through zombie blood, zombie corpse grime, or warpstone turret hydrolic fluid. (not sure which one of these three is causing it, though starting to think it's the warp-stone turret, still havn't ruled out the zombie stuff yet though (first time this happend I'm not sure I had a warpstone turret).
if you had some of this on the edge of the map...

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 07:33:12 am »

Hi,

NOT FIXED - Mirgants might arrive with hurt feet, some might suffocate.
No idea why. I could guess that is has to do with bare feet and frostbite, but why the suffocation ? Could only reproduce it once.

suspect this might be the same problem I mentioned in the other thread, cause could be wading through zombie blood, zombie corpse grime, or warpstone turret hydrolic fluid. (not sure which one of these three is causing it, though starting to think it's the warp-stone turret, still havn't ruled out the zombie stuff yet though (first time this happend I'm not sure I had a warpstone turret).
if you had some of this on the edge of the map...

It's definitely the hydraulic fluid. Shit is dangerous.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:44 pm »

Bugs

NOT FIXED - Flora and Fauna creatures have no graphics.
The new optional creatures show only characters, instead of sprites.

Raw: The sprites are in graphics/zoo and the graphics file is: graphics_zoo.txt The mentioned creatures are in: creature_ff.txt

Could just be a misspelling or format of the graphics_zoo.txt ^^^

NOT FIXED - Deconstructing a farm plot leaves green Furrowed peat as floor tile.

Could just be the cavern chosing that as it's default soil type (that covers the stone :/) ^^^

NOT FIXED - Magma Safe Workshop produces items out of Unknown material.
Every item, mechanism, floodgate, door, hatchcover made in the magmasafe workshop is called: unknown material itemname.

Raw: Sample reaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] ^^^

NOT FIXED - Animal Man Camps still in the caverns.
I removed the cave civs from the entity file, and added 4 custom cave races. But I still get camps of animal people in the caverns.  Has to do with them being intelligent or can learn ?

Raw: Either entity_default.txt or the respective creature files.

could still be the [FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP] tag on the creature (animal people) because I have not encountered any Trog Camps and they lack this, altho it could be the fact they have the [CAN_SPEAK] As I have found Gremlin camps. As Trogs lack the Speech tags. ^^^

NOT FIXED - Friendly gremlin gets born and crashes game ?
I got a report that a player got a anouncement about: gremlin X has been born, and shortly after that the game did crash. Probably has to do with gremlins being a [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][PET] entity. COULD NOT REPRODUCE.

Raw: creature_standard.txt and/or entity_cave.txt

Could be a case of some DUPE raws or just a horrible incident of DFusion Magic? ^^^

NOT FIXED - Fossils drop horn gem, shell gem and so on. No actual horn or shell.
I added fossils in my testversion, a rare gem that should give other materials then gem. But they drop gems, named after the materials I want. Possible fix: Changing the stone_template to shell/horn/and so on template, but leaving the environment tags ?

Raw:inorganic_fossil

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reguardless you will either have to use the [IS_GEM] and drop gems or leave it and drop stone/boulders, If you make it drop boulders you can give it an ore of "fossil" so it can be smelted into "Fossil Bars" but other then that the only way you can get what you want is a reaction that takes the fossil "gem/stone/boulder" and makes a different Item type from the material (Gem/Stone/Boulder Fossil -> Bar/Log(wood)/Weapon/etc Fossil) ^^^

Balancing

NOT FIXED - Turrets, Golem, Mines and Decoys are at peace with wildlife. Good or Bad ?

All depends on what you consider Good or Bad, I would consider it bad as these are defensive tools of destruction, doesn't matter if a goblin or deer steps on a mine. In RL noone escapes ^^^

Others

NOT FIXED - Embark with Goblins. Yes, I did embark once with goblins, instead of dwarves. But the goblins have no civ_controllable in the entity file, so I have no idea why that happened.

Raw: Possibly entity_default.txt

DUPE raw?

NOT FIXED - Crash when I burn down trade depot full of elves with magma. I sadly have no clue what exactly caused the crash, many many things have been in the tradedepot.

Could have just been a freak crash, try it again with a new fort. If it still reproduces load before crash and take note of the materials the trade goods are made of. Could have been the fact Trade Depot broke/melted and sent so many items skattered into the magma causing DF is get confused ^^^

NOT FIXED - A lot of weird things in the embark screen. Alcohol for 1p, cartilages for 0p, and a very strange extracts list.

DUPE raws? cartilage should not be taken along on an embark ^^^

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:50:25 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »

Thanks for the answers.

I fixed the hurt feet and suffocation problem. Felt rather stupid when I figured out what it was.
Migrants arrive with Frag-Landmine, Frag-Landmine explodes spontaniously (this is fixed as well) and the migrants hurt their feet (because they stepped on a landmine, doe) and get metal shrappnel in their hearts and lungs, which might cause suffocation.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:03 pm »

Magma Safe workshop is fixed as well. Even better then fixed, the reactions now produce generic doors/hatches/floodgates... lol Thanks hugo.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »

Just so you know, the [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] token does not work at all in the current version - if you want to fix it, you'll have to edit Dwarf Fortress.exe as described here.
Additionally, those reactions are probably producing broken items because you failed to specify a quantity on the BOULDERs, causing the entire REAGENT token to be parsed incorrectly - try changing [REAGENT:A:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE] to [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE].

Take a look at errorlog.txt - I'm sure you'll find lots of errors in there.

Also, just so you know, you do not need to have separate copies of reactions to work at a normal workshop versus a magma workshop - just have one reaction that has [FUEL] and two [BUILDING:whatever:NONE] tokens.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:33:52 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 04:27:45 pm »

Magma Safe workshop is fixed as well. Even better then fixed, the reactions now produce generic doors/hatches/floodgates... lol Thanks hugo.
You are welcome, I have been busy with RL so I've been unable to do much of anything DF related :P thought I'd do a power run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

@quietust: Wow. Thanks. I tested the workshop and made a giant magma trap, and everything worked. Other players of the mod report the same, even if it is an unknown material item. The errorlog is empty, no problems there. But I will definetly do more testing, having only NON-Magmasafe mats and use the workshop.

For the proposed Fix: With what program would I edit a sdl ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 09:55:39 pm »

Half of the bugs are fixed. :)

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

NOT FIXED - Friendly gremlin gets born and crashes game ?
I got a report that a player got a anouncement about: gremlin X has been born, and shortly after that the game did crash. Probably has to do with gremlins being a [CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK][PET] entity. COULD NOT REPRODUCE.

That was me.  I can send you the save if you want; it will always crash about 10 seconds after you unpause it.  I tried using dfhack's fastdwarf mode to kill the gremlin and its stupid baby, but it still locked up, so not really sure if related.  It was a reclaim, so could be related to the friendly invaders thing, too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:14:30 pm by nukularpower »

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:22 pm »

For the fossil gems, you could either create reactions to turn them into the appropriate materials, or reactions to make crafts out of them. Maybe call the fossil gems "stone encased fossil" and have a workshop that "removes" the stone around the fossil.

Technically, I think this would require a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT in the fossil gem material that points to a "fossil" creature's bone/horn/shell material.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »

ah.. it was friendly, becaue of a reclaim. That explains at least that, although not the crash. I do not think that the both things, gremlin baby and the crash are related.

@ashnal: Yeah... I had hoped to avoid that, adding more reactions. But it seems to be the only way, if I want to use fossils the way I want. Maybe in an archeologists workshop ? I could then add gems called: historic treasure, or treasure chest, and have it excavated by the archeologist, producing a random selection of items, like old gold ducats, stone arrow heads...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4