Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 49112 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

A race along an archipelago for pirate booty!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Flat rolls both for searching and repairing (modified by abilities) would be the best, IMO. Also, maybe you should just for testing scrap the rolling for construction of parts (or at least make it less significant than it is now)?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hmm, a race. Around the World!

The obstacles can be the countries, checkpoints be certain nations. And the fact that our racers can cause civil war on national boundaries being the obstacles. :3

Obviously, in the future.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Roll to Destabilize Nations by Racing Through Them Wackily?

Screw pirates, count me in for RtDNbRTTW!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Flat rolls both for searching and repairing (modified by abilities) would be the best, IMO. Also, maybe you should just for testing scrap the rolling for construction of parts (or at least make it less significant than it is now)?
That would amount to cutting out a large part of the game. I was however thinking of either merging or scrapping some of the building rolls, to bring the total down to 5 turns in stead of seven. Things that would be modified:

-Type( Airplane, vehicle, boat): There's no need to roll for this. If you want to change between two things, you'd need to use a special roll or something.
-Merge fuel type and fuel tanks or discard fuel type altogheter
-Do away with the autorepairkist in the defence thingy, they can be bought or rolled for but not everyone wants these
-Reduce the amount of weapons to 2
-Reduce the amount of rerolls to 2
-Reduce the amount of Special to 2

Another option would be to increase the amount of rolls per turn to 4, and scrap the Type roll.

Also, this was supposed to be the Testing game, and everything should be more or less balanced the next way around. I don't like the idea of scrapping mechanics and replacing them with flat rolls though. I'm not stopping you of running such a version yourself though, but I don't think I'll do it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, this was supposed to be the Testing game, and everything should be more or less balanced the next way around. I don't like the idea of scrapping mechanics and replacing them with flat rolls though. I'm not stopping you of running such a version yourself though, but I don't think I'll do it.
Huh, scrapping? Not as much as I'd like. I am just very much interested in making a sequel in honor of a game such as this one. New Game = new path for improving such rolls and mechanics. Sadly, I have no knowledge on what is the difference from a d6 and a d20 though, so I'm glad it is limited to the d6 die.

Also, OOC, great work in how this was played! (*Grumble* I hate my weak engines...) Though I think I did see a minor loophole. If there was a substantial distance between players, then all they may do is Race, then search for fuel/food to sustain themselves or probably repair.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Reduce the amount of weapons to 2
-Reduce the amount of rerolls to 2
-Reduce the amount of Special to 2
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

What I think you should do is set up a very basic framework along the lines of 'you have a chair on wheels, every turn you race for d6 tiles' and allow players to add whatever they want, separated into items, parameters, actions and passive abilities. Every item has only a 'health' parameter. Weapons count as simple items, firing them counts as an action, ammo counts as a parameter. Also, every ability, action and parameter is bound to some item (or, optionally, several ones). If you destroy that item, the bound things become unusable. Items can also be optionally bound to other items, getting disabled if the main item is destroyed (though I will make the bound item better to make up for that). For example, how the current necessary components will be expressed in such a system:
Items:
- Stick an engine onto your chair: every turn you race for an additional <roll/3> tiles;
- Make your engine use fuel: every turn you race for an additional <roll*2/3> tiles (also adds 'fuel' parameter, which is bound to engine);
- Armor: damage to your every component is reduced by <roll>;
- Crew quarters: adds a 'crew' parameter, which allows additional actions, too lazy to describe in more detail;
Actions:
- Search for fuel: you get <roll/3> fuel;
- Repair: chosen component is repaired for <roll/3> damage;
Players may discard all of the above and instead use something like the following:
Items:
- Add a shrine: allows praying, also adds 'faith' parameter, which is bound to the shrine;
- Ask for blessing of N power: your faith is lowered by N, you race for an addition N/6 tiles that turn, ability is bound to the shrine;
- Smite: your faith is lowered by N, target component of the target enemy is damaged by N/6, ability is bound to the shrine;
Actions:
- Pray: increase your faith by <roll>, bound to the shrine;
Or even further alternately:
Items:
- A capacitor: adds an 'energy' parameter;
- A kennel: adds a 'war dogs' parameter;
- A Tesla Cannon;
- A shield;
Actions:
- Charge: raises energy by <roll>, bound to the capacitor;
- Harness a dog: you lose one dog, your every racing action is improved by 1, you gain an item 'harnessed dog' (which can be attacked), bound to the kennel;
- Send the dogs: target player's (who must be within 4 tiles) rolls are lowered somehow, too lazy to think, you lose N dogs, bound to the kennel;
- Fire the cannon using N energy: target player within 6 tiles gets the chosen component damaged by N/4;
- Activate/deactivate the shield: if activated, every incoming attack is lowered by <roll/2> and takes the same amount of energy, if deactivated, allows the 'autocharge' ability to be used; Bound to the shield, obviously;
Abilities:
- Autocharge: every attack increases your energy parameter by the amount of damage done, bound to the shield and the capacitor.

And so forth, and so forth. If you don't want to use this system, may I host a game with it myself? :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:49:24 am by Dariush »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush.
Roll to Create a DeathMachine.

That would be awesome. (And great post there!)

Also, yes on that note on the armor. A direct hit can be fully shrugged off, why not a percentage deduction to the damage on the roll and that the creation for said armor determines the type on every module. Like a d4 armor for every module, where their stats will be tracked individually?

And here I ramble on, cutting it off before we give too much info before the race is finished.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Of course, go ahead. (I'll probably join, I like the wackyness). Problem is it will be quite hard to balance.
I think I'm staying with my less wacky edition. I think I've figured out the few remaining problems so it should work.

Also it might become a bookkeeping nightmare, with every player using different stats.

Also I just noticed this thread seems to have attracted some watchers(or at least people who like pressing buttons) judging by the polls.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:23:44 am by 10ebbor10 »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

PM Sent!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also it might become a bookkeeping nightmare, with every player using different stats.
I don't think so. Careful partitioning will do a lot, especially compared to the unformatted clusterfuck you have going there. :D
Also I just noticed this thread seems to have attracted some watchers(or at least people who like pressing buttons) judging by the polls.
Wow, really. Oh noez, my position as the most awesomest player, only contested by the GM, is in peril! :(

Who among the present would be interested in WDR Uber-Wacky Uber-Death Edition right about now (i.e. without ending for this one to end)?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:11:17 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I don't think so. Careful partitioning will do a lot, especially compared to the unformatted clusterfuck you have going there. :D
Wow, really. Oh noez, my position as the most awesomest player, only contested by the GM, is in peril! :(

Who among the present would be interested in WDR Uber-Wacky Uber-Death Edition right about now (i.e. without ending for this one to end)?
ME. Maybe you should also post this in the Rollers lock thread.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M
E
Screw pirates, count me in...
ME

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Possible ALternate settings:

- Pirates
- Around the world. ( Probably hard to do)
- Wacky death race: the merchandising. Left alone in house about to be demolished, you must race to escape. However, as in any race, only the first gets the prize
- Space
- Magic
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41