Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 49235 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:43:19 pm »

Can't say the racetrack'll support my vehicle very well based on the principle of slow and ponderous but hard to slow down. :P

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 07:26:33 pm »

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P)
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
First turn: Based off a more traditional race car, but far bulkier to accomidate the massive (non standard) engine and weapons. The engine is based of kinetic energy, saving momentum and returning it manyfold. It gets more powerful the longers it drives. It does have gas portion so that it can actually move from a stationary postion, though

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:44:59 am »

Can't say the racetrack'll support my vehicle very well based on the principle of slow and ponderous but hard to slow down. :P
On a good roll you'll get an engine that doesn't get speed loss until it's heavily damaged.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 1)
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:15 am »

Turn 1

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P)
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard.
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
Stats:
-Ground
-Speed +5
-Cheap fuel(+2 to searching rolls, -100 fuel price)
[3]: The racing car build gives no real advantages nor disadvantages.
[5]: The Red wrecker's engine is one of the fastest in the AFWRC. (Speed +5)
[5]: The Red wrecker's gas fueled and comes with is own compressor, which makes it's fuel cheaper and easier to find.

Name:  Toaster
Reason:  Toaster enjoys speed, money, women, and booze.  Since this race will cover two of the four, it's got his attention- and surely it'll impress the ladies, right?
Vehicle Name:  Darkling Shadow
First Turn:  Stats:
-Ground/water
Speed: +2
-Very expensive fuel: (-2 to searching rolls, +100 price, fuel is highly explosive)
[3] The Darklink shadow can traverse both land and sea, but requires 1 fuel and 1 action to switch. The ship also inquires some speed loss due to it's shape(-1speed)
[3] The Darklink shadow isn't very fast but it isn't slow either(+ 3 speed)
[1] Sadly the Darklink Shadow engine isn't very resilient and requires custom made high energy jet fuel.
Name contestant: Dariush the Mad;
Reason: This world has gone for far too long without a suitable dictatorship to stir it's reins! But, barging there headfirst would be silly. So, I can use this race to test out my primary method of achieving world domination! They called me mad, they did! But I'll show them... Wait, I am mad. Well, I'll show them HOW mad I am! MUAHAHAHA!
Name vehicle: WorldConq Mk.1;
-Stats:
-+1 armour
-+3 speed
-Very Cheap fuel:(+2 to searching rolls,-100 price)
[6] The Worldconq MK 1 is a heavily armored tank, perhaps a little bit to much.(-1 speed,+1 armor)
[4] Despite it's heavy armor, the Worldconq is still quite fast.(+3)
[5]The worldconq MK1 's uranium reactor can burn almost any type of nuclear fuel. And luckly for you Omni-Tech  products have been powered by nuclear batteries since 2021.

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
Reason: Connor had a dream he did! A wonderful, beautiful dream! But that's not important! What's important is that in that dream he saw an awesome vehicle of awesome, and he knew he had to make it and race it! KNEW IT! Problem was, it was armed, which immediately put him in this death-race. Oh well.
His dream may or may not be the result of telepathy, alien tinkering or magical faries that are bored.
Name vehicle: Armadillo
First turn:
Type: Vehicle (tank) part boat.
Propulsion: Internal Combustion Engine! Antiques, yay!
Fuel: Diesal. NO WAIT! HYPER DIESAL. Lasts 8 times as long as regular diesal! I dunno, it's the future! Make it diesal of awesome, but it's diesal! It's slower but more power. DIESAL! (I can't look at the word diesal anymore and see it as a word)
Stats:
-Boat/ground
-+2 speed, Functions until Heavy damage
- Cheap fuel( +1 to searching rolls, -50 price)
[5]The Armadillo can easily switch between boat and tank modes.(Requires 1 fuel and 1 action)
[4]The armadillo's engine isn't very fast but will keep functioning until it's heavily damaged (+2 speed, functions normal until heavy damage)
[4] Hyper-DIESAL isn't as common as other fuels but at least it's clean and safe. Ok not very clean but it won't eat your neighbourhood like that self replenishing algea fuel

Spoiler: Sheet finished! (click to show/hide)
[1] The Valkyrie is hybrid transport, which means that it fails to be effective both on land as in the air.( Requires 2 fuel and 1 action to switch). (-2 speed)
[1] The Valkyrie runs on a combination of solar power and gasoline, sadly the engine is barely strong enough to keep it in the air. On top of that, the solar panels make the engines extra fragile.
[4] At least the Gasoline fuel is quite easy to find, and not remarkably explosive.

Name contestant: Jack Dendy
Reason: An adrenaline junky, Jack is currently trying to raise money to create a planet dedicated to a massive deathmatch.
Name vehicle: Starrunnner
First turn: A flat plane, the Starrunner is powered by three massive liquid fuel engines, running on hydrogen and oxygen. Fuel tanks occupy most of the ship's bulk, the rest is mostly weapon systems.
Stats:
Plane
+1 Dodge
+1 Speed
Very cheap fuel(+2  to finding things, -100 price)
[5] The Starrunner is an agile stealth plane (+1 to dodge)
[1]Sadly it's seems that the delivered rocket engines are defective and very slow and unreliable(+1Speed)
[5]Luckly the starrunners Hydrogen fuel is both very cheap and very common
Name contestant: Monk
Reason: (Pending plot, presumably for loot and or lulz.)
Name vehicle: The Zephyr Cathedral
Stats:
Speed +3
Very cheap fuel( +2 finding rolls, -100 price)
Explosive fuel
[1] Sadly Zeppelins aren't know to be the most aerodynamic vehicles built in human history( -1 speed)
[3] The jet engines turn out to be mediocre at best.(+3 speed)
[6] You're airship runs on UltraKerosin, which is very cheap since it has been discredited in an international safety report three months ago.(+1 speed, very cheap fuel, explosive fuel)

Now on to turn 2, which determines cargo space, crew quarters and fuel tanks.
You can still join if you want just post both for turn 1  and 2
Also remember please structurize your post:
roll1: component 1
roll2: component 2
roll3: component 3

Also I'm doubting werether to continue the plot in the 2 sport-commentators-talking way or just in a standard third person description.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:36:13 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 07:12:43 am »

((Well, it turned out as I expected it to be  :P Darn slow. I think you should label the turns in the post, unless this is still turn one.

Will edit if this is, or is not turn one to save post space.
))

Valkyrie

Roll 1: Place the cargo hold in the midsection of the craft. Of smaller size to help with speed/mobility of the transport.
Roll 2: Crew Quarters (Including own) stretch from the fore to nearly half of the midsection of the craft, at the middle parts. Cockpit included. Small and cramped, but with amenities for comfort. To help with shifting from land-air and vice-versa.
Roll 3: Fuel tanks are mostly for the gasoline, the solar power seems easily supplied. The gasoline could be used at night or in emergencies. So the inner linings of the rear of the transport would carry the tanks, and maybe solar batteries to store power for night if possible.

{In short: Cargo = Medium, if good rolls come then add that to the speed/maneuverability bonus.
Crew Quarters = Small, if any good rolls come, then bonus goes to (morale?) or to transformation time. Fuel Tanks = Medium, if good rolls, then bonus goes to the quality of fuel stored.}

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:37:04 am by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD (Spots Open)(Updated every 2 days)(Turn 2)
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29:41 am »

((Well, it turned out as I expected it to be  :P Darn slow. I think you should label the turns in the post, unless this is still turn one.

Will edit if this is, or is not turn one to save post space.))
Whoops, should have been turn 2. And yes the Vakyrie is slow, you're lucky the speed's capped otherwise there was a very real chance you'd be going backwards.(Note, you have 3 re-do rolls and the +speed modifier isn't the only thing that determines how fast you go.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 08:57:08 am »

Tyrin places in a cargo room in the very back of his hybrid. The crew quarters all in one place, the midsection. The fuel tanks stay at the gaps and spaces lining the sides, of the transport.
This will give just give you standard cargorooms/crew quarters/ fuel tanks. If you want to have more fuel then cargo/ more crew quarters than fuel/ less storage in exchange for greater speed, please say so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 09:02:36 am »

Sorry, just assumed many things about the game. Now I get how it's going  :-[

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:29 am »

Worldconq Mk.1:

Roll 1: Cargo space is located directly under the reactor in the middle of the tank. Not too large, not too small, just enough.
Roll 2: Crew quarters (or rather MY quarters) consist of a cabin in front of the vehicle from where I pilot the ship. There's a water cistern to my left, a box of delicious frozen russian sausages to my right and if I tip back in my seat, it turns into a bed. Really small and cramped to make space for the rest of the tank.
Roll 3: Since I need very little uranium for the race, I can partition up my cargo space to store the fuel in the corner. What can go wrong, eh?

(in short: medium cargo space, very small crew quarters, small fuel tank)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 10:33:05 am »

Worldconq Mk.1:

Roll 1: Cargo space is located directly under the reactor in the middle of the tank. Not too large, not too small, just enough.
Roll 2: Crew quarters (or rather MY quarters) consist of a cabin in front of the vehicle from where I pilot the ship. There's a water cistern to my left, a box of delicious frozen russian sausages to my right and if I tip back in my seat, it turns into a bed. Really small and cramped to make space for the rest of the tank.
Roll 3: Since I need very little uranium for the race, I can partition up my cargo space to store the fuel in the corner. What can go wrong, eh?

In favour of what do you decrease the crew quarter size or the fuel tank size.

Also since you seem to be going for a crew quarter of size 1( which could be the result of a 1 roll) , you can choose not to roll for the crew quarters and instead use the roll for something else( like an extra weapon) or you can redo an old roll.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 11:25:51 am »

Starrunnner
Roll 1: The cargo bay is in the bottom of the ship, near the center. It is optimized for speed, resulting in a small space with a low ceiling.
Roll 2: The crew quarters are in the wings, tiny rooms designed to take up as little space as possible. There is also a small kitchen above the cargo bay.
Roll 3: The fuel is held in two spheres near the middle of the plane, they hold a moderate amount of fuel.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:18:04 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 11:40:52 am »

The Zephyr Cathedral

Roll 1: The cargo bay is a large space near the fore of the ship, to support a great supply of whatever I roll at that step.
Roll 2: The crew quarters are a small space near the engines, designed submarine style to house many crewmembers in a tiny area to insure prompt arrival of emergency crews.
Roll 3: The fuel tanks are also large and located between the crew quarters and the as-yet empty midsection of the zeppelin.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:37 am »

Roll 1: The cargo bay is in the bottom of the ship, near the center. It is optimized for speed, resulting in a small space with a low ceiling.
Roll 2: The crew quarters are in the wings, tiny rooms designed to take up as little space as possible. There is also a small kitchen above the cargo bay.
Roll 3: The fuel is held in two spheres near the middle of the plane, they hold a moderate amount of fuel.
Please state the name of your ship in your post.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

Worldconq Mk.1:

Also since you seem to be going for a crew quarter of size 1( which could be the result of a 1 roll) , you can choose not to roll for the crew quarters and instead use the roll for something else( like an extra weapon) or you can redo an old roll.
Oh, okay. Then I take 1 both for fuel and crew (since there's not much uranium I need, but if you think it's too overpowered I may exchange 'cheap fuel' for this) and instead do:
Roll 2: Armor on the reactor. Self-expalanatory, I don't want it busted.
Roll 3: A pair of giant pincers mounted at the sides of the cabin that I will use as melee weapons.

Oh, and BTW, it seems you miscalculated my total bonus to speed: with -1 speed from armor and +3, the total is +2, not +3.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:07:09 pm by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 12:06:52 pm »

Worldconq Mk.1:

Oh, okay. Then I take 1 both for fuel and crew (since there's not much uranium I need, but if you think it's too overpowered I may exchange 'cheap fuel' for this) and instead do:
Roll 2: Armor on the reactor. Self-expalanatory, I don't want it busted.
Roll 3: A pair of giant pincers mounted at the sides of the cabin that I will use as melee weapons.
Yes,on the fuel thing. Fuel is mesured in fuel units, with one unit equaling the amount of fuel needed for 1 racing action. I thing you get 5 fuel units with a one. (you can gather more during the trip, or buy at shops/maintenance points.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41