Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 49092 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Oh, you'll get what's coming to you, Dariush. You can bet on that

*PM'd*

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

''What's that ahead?'' Connor asked his crewmember.
''Looks like turbulent waters!'' He responded.
''Great, it just HAD to appear RIGHT in front of us.''
''By the looks of it, the groundies are being slowed down too.''
''Oh great, so that means flyer's'll steam ahead! Why can't water get a boost? Why can't that stupid Darkling Shadow come into the water! My torps haven't been able to hit a PLANET!'' Connor exclaimed. Atleast he was in the race... ignoring Monk's lead that is.

PM'd

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Why can't that stupid Darkling Shadow come into the water!

Because torpedoes are scary.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tyrin clambered down the railing on the side of the Valkyrie in it's ground state. The Maintenance station was different from the one before, sporting thick black cabling and gigantic steel pipelines across most of the side walls and the ceiling. Puddles of oil dotted the hangar and there were signs of others that arrived before him, evident by the lack of people around. He was in last place, looking at the visual hanging by the doorframe of the hangar, but he didn't mind. As long as everyone was having their fun in all.

Deep inside, he wished them all good luck, his competitors were the usual motley bunch, but they adhered to the rules (or toed the line as frequently as possible) but all in fair spirit. He felt someone tap his shoulder and turned around to see who it was. Marina, his current co-pilot.

"Greeting comrade. Vitus and Volkov are busy showing the schematic diagram you made earlier on the ship, but I've one thing to say if I will be sharing the same space with you."

It took a while to explain the intricate details of how the Valkyrie was flown, or how the controls correlated with each other.

"So let me get this straight. We aren't in an aircraft anymore, but a hybrid that can shift from air to ground in just half an hour or so?"

"Yep."

"Volkov never said anything about commandeering a gigantic humanoid ship, how does this even work?! He told me tales of switching in mid-air, falling from the height of the stratosphere and landing safely in a pile of mud. Bozhe moi! I wouldn't believe it! The strain of the hydraulics actually stabilized itself in this ground? The sheer weight would be causing a sinkhole!"

"Nevermind that, we'll be fixing a few things in here. The shock absorbers are nothing that you'd have seen before anyway. Volkov told me a bit of you and Vitus. I'm glad to have both a hardworking crewman and an intelligent co-pilot by my side..."

PM

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Wanted to update. Noticed I'm still mising Scelly's turn.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Just for the record, Scelly seems to be absent from Mafia too.

If I were to host the WDR Uber-Wacky Uber-Death Edition and you could use any transport of any nature or construction (including riding giant spiders or being a geneticist who can mutate his mount in the middle of the race!), what would you use?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:48:43 am by Dariush »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Just for the record, Scelly seems to be absent from Mafia too.

If I were to host the WDR Uber-Wacky Uber-Death Edition and you could use any transport of any nature or construction (including riding giant spiders!), what would you use?
Don't worry I got his message. However, if this isn't updated today or tomorrow, don't expect an update before next Saterday.

As for what I would use, An improbabilty drive.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Turn 32:   

Quote from: Player Actions
Part1:
Luke Prowler: Race
Toaster Roll 1: Roll 1: Race (Free ammo: Missile)
Dariush 1: Search for Tesla cannon ammo ( Actually you couldn't search because of the weather,but whatever)
Armadillo Action 1: Race
Scelly:Roll 1: Race
Monk Action 1: Race
Tyrin: Maintenance

Dariush looks for Tesla cannon ammo[5]. He finds a lot of scrap, which he runs through his ammo generator, producing 2.5 Tesla cannon rounds.

Luke prowler is the first to get his engines to start, but he doesn't make a lot of progress[1+5-1], more so because he's[4] still dragging Dariush[6] behind him. Toaster follows to, racing at his maximum speed[6+4] over the mud. That Gyrosystem is quite spectacular. Far behind them the Armadillo is trying to plow through the waves[1+5], Several logs[3] slam against him but his armor resists the blows[3]. Scelly races too[1+6], and makes it into the shortcut. Monk activates his booster and speeds away[5+5].

Quote from: Player actions
Part2:
Luke action 2: Ram the  WorldConq's robopincers. If not close enough, shoot at them instead with the machine guns
Toaster Roll 2: Roll 2: Fire misseles.(You know what, I think that ammo generator is a teeny bit overpowered)
Dariush Action 2: Race
Armadillo Action 2: if I'm in range, fire torps at monk's engines. Otherwise, search for fuel.
Scelly: Fire Aircannon at Monk 12(engines)
Monk 12: Race ( Supersonic boosters)
Tyrin: Maintenance
Dariush races [1+4-1]. He drags Luke behind him and togheter they move [9/2=5 tiles]. Monk continues his hypersonic dash[3+5].
Luke descides to take revenge on his uninvited guests and using a serie of complicated maneuvres slams against the uninvited hitchiker.The ram[4+3] hits Dariush [3+1] and it damages his robopincers. The impact[7/2=4] is returned and smashes through his armor[2*25%=1], damaging his ram.

Toaster fires his missiles, again.
Luke prowler[1] is critically hit [5+3]. The rockets [6+2] pierce through his already damaged armor [5*25%=2]. His battering ram is hit.
Dariush[4-1] is critically hit hit [7+3]. The rockets [4+2] bounce harmlessly of his armor [6+1]
Max [2] is critically hit [10+3]. The rockets [3+4] pierce through his armor[1]. The explosion hits his fuel tanks, damaging them.

Max searches for fuel. His attempts are futile however, as he's trying to fill a bottomless bucket.
Maintenance
-Engine Stabilizer, maybe a +1 fuel payoff to increase race movement by x amount, where x could be how good the roll is. Or complete re-roll engine. Or giving this module as an "Add-on" to the engine speed, permanently tying one crew member to this (d4) addition. Meaning that crewmember will not aid me in searching/repair rolls but take up food as usual.
-An Anti-EMP shielding, negates the effect of EMP (or any special effect that is directed at me) and adds a defense roll for the turn it was activated against any attacks directed to me. Make it dependant on fuel.
-Add a fuel storage hold in my cargo bay, that can store extra fuel as the name implies as most of everything I have runs on natural solar fuel and gasoline.

-[3] Engine stabilizer: One crewmember can work on this module to increase speed with 1d4.
-[2] Anti Emp shielding: Defends against emps and gives +1 to dodge when activated. 1 fuel activation costs
-[1]Whatever you try to do, you can't make a secure fuel storage.

(Um , kinda bad rolls)

Weather forecast:(Extremely nice, nice, cloudy, raining, stormy ,heavy storm)[5] Storms
(Nothing-Minor annoyance-Annoyance-Progress impeded-Possible path blockage-Chance of random damage)(The last 2 only happen during storms)
Ground[2] Soggy mud makes repairing hard: -1 to repairs
Air [6]Massive Danger zone: 151-180: d10 acc, d10 damage
Water[6]smaller danger zone: 156-162

Leaderbord:
Monk12: 167
Scelly: 150( Shortcut: 4 tiles left)
Luke Prowler:142
Dariush: 142
Toaster: 137
Maximum Mc Dreith:134
Tyrin: 120

Cash rewards(Cash is added to your profile):
Monk:+100
Toaster:
Scelly:
Luke:
Dariush:
Tyrin: +100
Max:

Spoiler:  Map (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P )
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard.
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
Stats:
-350 Moneys
-5 food
-20 ammo points
-10 rations
-Ground
-Cheap fuel(+2 to searching rolls, -100 fuel price)
-Jamming systems(-1 to hit for enemies, activate able every 3 turns)Last used 1 turn ago
-Reuseable booster(Allows 2 race actions a turn, reusable, engine output halved next turn due to overheating) USed
-Attract-O-Magnet. Can suck 1 person for d6 Tiles towards you. Reverse is possible. Cooldown: 3 turns. Used 3 turn ago. Useable
Spoiler: Cargo size: 50 (click to show/hide)
Health:
    -Armor:d7 Heavy damage 25%
    -Dodge:d5
    -Engine:(+5)
    -Fuel 3/8 
    -Crew: 1/1
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
      -Wrecking ball: Melee d3
      -Battering Ram Melee damage d(8+1/2speed)(Speed bonus only applies when this is the 2 action)  Halve the damage is returned to sender. Heavy damage 25%

Name:  Toaster
Reason:  Toaster enjoys speed, money, women, and booze.  Since this race will cover two of the four, it's got his attention- and surely it'll impress the ladies, right?
Vehicle Name:  Darkling Shadow
First Turn:  Stats:
-350 moneys
-Ground/water
-Nanobots: 1*4 50 %rebellion chance
-Very cheap fuel: (+2 to searching rolls, -100 price, fuel is highly explosive)
-Ammo generator: +3 ammo a turn
-Oversized booster: 2 racing actions a turn, no fuel use, no racing actions next turn, useable every 3 turns.(Used 3 turns ago) Can race, can turbo
- Solar battery: 1 Laser ammo a turn
-Gyro stabilizers: Ignore weather.( Not obstacles)
Spoiler: Cargo: 60 (click to show/hide)
Health:
       -Armor: d4  Dented
       -Dodge: d5 Dented
       -Engine: +4 Dented
       -Fuel: 1/6
       -Crew: 2/3(1 Veteran(acc))
Spoiler: -Longbow laser (click to show/hide)

The Punisher Repulsor: d3 melee weapon ( Medium damage)

Name contestant: Dariush the Mad;
Reason: This world has gone for far too long without a suitable dictatorship to stir it's reins! But, barging there headfirst would be silly. So, I can use this race to test out my primary method of achieving world domination! They called me mad, they did! But I'll show them... Wait, I am mad. Well, I'll show them HOW mad I am! MUAHAHAHA!
Name vehicle: WorldConq Mk.2;
-Stats:
-1350 moneys
-Ground
Multiuse repair kit:4*2
Automated Robo hands defence system: Can be used every 3 turns for a 1 turn +2 dodge bonus. (Needs a weapon firing action to be activated, other weapons can be fired at the same time)Last used 3 turn ago.
Ammogenerator:doubles the ammo finding rolls of a single crewmember.
-Nuclear booster: It will net you +1 for each unit of fuel or for each 5 cargo units.
-Very Cheap fuel:(+2 to searching rolls,-100 price)
-Ridiculous EMP, Every 4 turns, must roll at least a 4 to be able to race that turn. Last used 3 turns ago. UnUseable
[/b]
Spoiler: 70 cargo space (click to show/hide)

Health:
       -Armourd10+1
       -Dodge d4-1
       -Engine:4
       -fuel 3/9
       -Crew 1/1
Robopincer:(melee,d8 damage . can grapple)Light damage: 75%

Spoiler: Flamethrower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tesla cannon (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
Reason: Connor had a dream he did! A wonderful, beautiful dream! But that's not important! What's important is that in that dream he saw an awesome vehicle of awesome, and he knew he had to make it and race it! KNEW IT! Problem was, it was armed, which immediately put him in this death-race. Oh well.
His dream may or may not be the result of telepathy, alien tinkering or magical faries that are bored.
Name vehicle: Armadillo
Stats:
-700 moneys
-Boat/ground
-Cheap fuel( +1 to searching rolls, -50 price)
-Ignores obstacles if Racing roll is more then 2( Note, danger zones =/= obstacles). If the roll is a 2, 50% chance of ignoring.
-Percusive maintenance kit, doubles your repair values when the repair roll succeeds, but deals damage(damage=2*repair roll -1) when it fails.
-Round the clock discipline. Useable every 3 turns ( Used 2 turn ago). 1 fuel, full engine capacity.
-EMP magnifier: Everyone not hit by the emp must reroll. If they are hit by the feedback they travel at 50% speed.
-
Spoiler: 40 cargo (click to show/hide)

Health:
        -antiground/water Armor d10 Light damage.
        -Air defense system: d7 anti air defense. Ammo size 1
        -dodged2
        -Engine : d3+5
        - Fuel tanks-5/10 medium damage 50%
        -2/2 crew.(1 Good)
Spoiler: Heavy machine guns: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Torpedos: (click to show/hide)

[

Name contestant: Tyrin Ferric
Name vehicle: Valkyrie
Stats:
Air/ground
-400 moneys
-20 cargo point worth of ammo
Cheap fuel: +1 to finding rolls, -50 price
Auto repair drone: Repairs the ship using leftover energy from the engines.(+1 health if speed roll(whitout speed modfiers) is higher or equal than 3)
Armor shielding system: Can burn 1 fuel to halve damage.(Halving is applied after armor vs hit roll)(Can be activated every 5 turns  whitout fuel consumption)Last used 3 turns ago. Usable ( with fuel)
Tracking device : Can be used every other turn to get a +3 on hitting rolls and a +2 to range, sadly others can use it to track you to and get the same bonus. USABLE
2 Supersonic Booster
Engine stabilizer: One crewmember can work on this module to increase speed with 1d4.
Anti Emp shielding: Defends against emps and gives +1 to dodge when activated. 1 fuel activation costs
Spoiler: 50 cargo (click to show/hide)
Health:
    Armor: d6-1
    dodged2+1
    Fragile Engine:+3
    fuel tanks 4/9
    crew(3 good)4/4
[/b]
Spoiler: Automated Miniguns: (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Jack Dendy
Reason: An adrenaline junky, Jack is currently trying to raise money to create a planet dedicated to a massive deathmatch.
Name vehicle: Starrunnner
Stats:
Plane
-650 moneys
-15 food
-20 ammo
Very cheap fuel(+2  to finding things, -100 price)
Advanced nitrosystem. Uses 1 fuel( and can be used every 2 turns) doubles the d6 roll in racing. USed 2 turns ago. Useable
Faraday cage: auto dodge EMP's, dodge super EMP's on a 3 or more.
Fuel converter: Produces 1 fuel every 4 turns. Used 4 turn ago
Orbital laser: cost 1000 moneys to use( you're hiring this thing) can be used  every 5 turns. Counts as a certain hit with a d6 for damage(( Used3 turns ago))
Point defense turrets: 1 ammo size, when activates: counts as an extra d6 dodge roll. Can use 1 extra ammo for a +1 to dodge(stackable).Deals damage back to sender if dodge is succesfull(damage= (dodge roll - Acc roll)/2

Spoiler: 40 cargo bay (click to show/hide)

Health:
     -Armor: d4 Dented
     -Dodge: d6+1
     -Engine +6 Speed  Light damage( 75%)
     -crew 3/4(1 good, one medium))
      -fuel 2/9 Medium damage 50%
Spoiler: Auto turrets: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aircannon (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Monk
Reason: To realize his dream of becoming SKY KING
Name vehicle: The Zephyr Cathedral
Stats:
- 1000 money
-5 ammo supply points
Air
Very cheap fuel( +2 finding rolls, -100 price)
Explosive fuel
- Supply drop: 500 delivery fee
- Fuel tank detonation: Extra racing action, 3 damage to fuel tanks.
Spoiler: 30 cargo bay (click to show/hide)

Point defense turrets: 4 ammo size, when activates: counts as an extra d6 dodge roll. Can use 1 extra ammo for a +1 to dodge(stackable).Deals damage back to sender if dodge is succesfull(damage= (dodge roll - Acc roll)/2
Repair kit: Doubles repair results and ensures a minimum repair of 1 per repair action
Health:
           -d7-1 armor Dented
           -d7 dodge
           -Crew:2/2(AFWRC veteran: +1 acc)
           -Engine: +5
           - fuel 2 /10
[/b]
Spoiler: Kamikaze Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SUV Artillery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Machine Gun Turrets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goober guns (click to show/hide)

Shoppe(buys and sells):
-Bad crew: 500/person
-Medium crew: 1000/person
-Good crew: 1500/person
-Food: 100/1Cargo Unit
-Ammo: 50/Cargo unit
-Fuel: 200/unit

Special Items:
-Defective Omnicorp 20 GJ shield Generator: 1 use, 5 cargo space Defends against all attacks for one turn, 1500
-Supersonic booster: 1 use, Allows 2 racing actions in 1 turn 1000
-Repair kits: 100+ 500*(times useable*points healed/2)
-Balloon/ Flotation pack/ WHeels: 1000 (allows you to change your type for 1 turn(use cost 1 fuel, 1 action)
-Mines: Prices= (X+Y)*500( Damage:d(X*4),Acc d(Y*4)) One use.(5 cargo space required
-Fancy headgear: 1000
-More to be added: suggestions are fine
[/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:46:05 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Um yeah. Now I'm going to increase tensions by not updating before Saterday.

Also, the forum also almost 504'ed the turn.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Eh, too lazy for flavor. PM'd.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(When 504, hit the 'back' option to revert. Also, good race. The RNG hates my Innovation.)

Tyrin watched the race visual from the Maintenance Station's waiting room, was it actually that long to fix quite a few parts?

"I don't think we've a chance at all of winning now. Barely a stretch of open plain with nothing to stop the leader. And to think, the forerunner was the one I met back in the first Maintenance Station."

He felt a muscular hand land on his shoulder, followed by the landing of a tankard filled with some kind of frothy liquid and a deep toned voice.

"Comrade. I've seen your goals and plans. Alright for man in the last place, still hopeful to win."

"Vitus! I thought you were with the others."

"It's a- A break. Yes. Was checking on you to see if Ok." Vitus held his other hand up, gesturing in a friendly manner.

"I'm ok, it's just...demoralizing. I'm more than miles back and nothing at all would help my effort here. The race is-"

"Race? You speak like coward! Race isn't over until is over!"

"Alright, Vitus. I've used the wrong words, what I mean is-"

"Not give up, yes? Good, that is good. Now, Valkyr is ready. Let's go."

PM

I wish I put a morale module in there...

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

PM'd

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

PM'd
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers