Monk 12
- 2 (5.7%)
The G.M
- 5 (14.3%)
Random Lurker
- 6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 32 The end ?  (Read 49098 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Just go with something abstract, like this one. It's a race in a maybe distant, maybe not future on maybe Earth, maybe not. There are guns. The end.

Edit: well, on second thought I will probably lack dedication to actually run a game. Maybe someone wants to use my idea and go with it? :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:21:55 pm by Dariush »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

I was interested in running a sequel myself. Not entirely sure any major changes, though was thinking of adding an armour penetration value for weapons.

Also, reducing armour/weaponry/special rolls to 2? :(. That would be my face!

I'm in for any and all wacky death races that are hosted. This has been really great. :3

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...That's what, fourth WDR sequel proposal?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

XD it's legendary! It's wacky races, but in RTD and with possibility of death! :P (and let's be honest, who didn't like Wacky Races, or the film, Rat Race!)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Well, seems like I won't scrap extra weapons and such but will instead increase the amount of rolls a turn to 4. Also, Yay for sequels.( and prequels, offshoots, merchandising,...)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Still, fix the armor system :)) , It's Death Race for a reason as long as it's hilarious. The mental imagery of a burning wreck of an aircraft cruising across the finish line while another wreck falls right from the sky just 1 step before it would be nice to see. Include the player reaction for added effect.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

I thought for a mechanism, which if I run a sequel will be implemented, where dodging comes from your speed, and distance from firer. The faster and further away you are, the likelier... likelyar... lik- the greater the chance of dodging. At the same time, the faster you do, if something goes wrong (like a hit to the engine) the worse the consequences. I also figured that armour will slow you down, unless you really good rolls and ask for sophisticated light armour (which, ofcourse, means the armour won't be as good, but)
It saves from someone having D10 armour being as fast as someone with D6, and opens up for different styles of racing. Course, specials could increase dodging, like a stealth system. But that means one less special on things like weaponry, so I think it balances out.

I would figure that, planes would be the fastest mode of transport, but crashing, or crash landing's become a dangerous consequence. Ground has the next best and is probably the most reliable. Water mode is least fastest with a risk of sinking, but gain the most shortcuts and the greatest armour. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

(PS. It'd be my first RTD, actually my first RP hosting ever. I'll certainly do a smaller RTD first, probably over the Easter Break. Thinking of setting up actual mechanics of this in that time and start running this over the summer hols, so I have plenty of time. Course, if there's like... another 2 up, I'll wait longer. :3)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Still, fix the armor system :)) , It's Death Race for a reason as long as it's hilarious. The mental imagery of a burning wreck of an aircraft cruising across the finish line while another wreck falls right from the sky just 1 step before it would be nice to see. Include the player reaction for added effect.
Weapons 'll be significantly stronger in the next edition.( Armor will remain the same). A 6 might net a weapon that has d12 damage and d12 accuracy( That's not that much actually, I see if I canmodify that.) I also intend to rework repairing, so that patching up things gets harder.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:48:07 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Additions/changes to next version:

- Crew will be capable of boarding and stealing. Will require people to race next to each other.
- Probably around the world. Now we can take the scenic route:
Spoiler: Scenic route (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Not so scenic route (click to show/hide)

Changes:

- Damage will be represented by hp numbers. ( Makes things more accurate, and allows little damage to accumulate)
- Main character no longer eats food
- 1's rolled in searching/repairing will have bad effects

Other to be added that I might have forgotten.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Scenic!

I like the idea of 1 for search/repair to be bad, but an automated repair system (that you'd have to spend a construction roll on) should mitigate it significantly.  Ditto with search rolls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Scenic!

I like the idea of 1 for search/repair to be bad, but an automated repair system (that you'd have to spend a construction roll on) should mitigate it significantly.  Ditto with search rolls.
Of course, construction rolls can do almost everything.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Race RTD Supposedly Updated every 2 days Turn 29
« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »

Turn 31: Just a generic turn

Quote from: Player Actions
Part1:
Luke Prowler: Activate turbo boosters, activate jamming systems, race
Toaster Roll 1: Roll 1: Race (Free ammo: Missile)
Dariush 1: Search for fuel
Armadillo Action 1: Race
Scelly:Roll 1: RACE. Activate point defence turrets.
Monk Action 1: Kamikaze Drone vs Scelly's Engine + Storm +3 vs Ground
Tyrin: All hands, Repair! ( Buy another booster)

Dariush looks for fuel.[5+2] He finds 2 fuel units. Tyrin and his crew set out to repair his ship [2][3][4][3]. They are succesfull and manages to fix it up completly. Monk fires one of his drones at Scelly. They lock on easily[6] on the STarrunner[2+1,2], and manage to hit[6] his engine [4]. It is slightly damaged.

Luke activates his boosters and races away[3+5], dragging Dariush behind him. Toaster follows [6+4]. The armadillo follows too[3+5]. Scelly gives chase too Monk[2+6]*75%, flying right through the canyon.

Quote from: Player actions
Part2:
Luke action 2: Race
Toaster Roll 2: Roll 2: Search laser ammo
Dariush Action 2: Race
Armadillo Action 2: Search for fuel
Scelly: Fire Aircannon at Monk 12
Monk 12: Race past the obstacle! (into the shortcut if I make it that far)
Tyrin: Race and stop at the Maintenance.

Luke continues to race[4+5], dragging Dariush[3+4] behind him. [24/2=12]. Monk races [5+5], hitting [1] the obstacle but it leaves no dents in his armour [7] he flies out of the Canyon, continuing along the shortcut. Tyrin races too [2+3], making it too the maintenance.

Scelly fires his aircannon[4] at Monk but it misses[5].

Toaster looks for Laser ammo[6][2], he finds 4 laser ammo. Max looks for fuel[3][4]+1. He found 2 fuel units.

That night:

The armadillo trundles onward[1+5]

Weather forecast:(Extremely nice, nice, cloudy, raining, stormy ,heavy storm)[4] Rain again
(Nothing-Minor annoyance-Annoyance-Progress impeded-Possible path blockage-Chance of random damage)(The last 2 only happen during storms)

Land[4+3](No Monk, you did it again). Still considering the weather isn't really stormy, the only thing the system can accomplish is that all ground units get a -1 to speed next turn, and that Searching is impossible next turn
Air [1] Nothing
Water[6] The canyon river is starting to get rather wild. Danger arises for 136 to 145.

Leaderbord:
Monk12: 150( Shortcut: 1 tile left).
Luke Prowler:137
Dariush: 137
Scelly: 135
Maximum Mc Dreith:134
Toaster: 130
Tyrin: 120

Cash rewards(Cash is added to your profile):
Monk:+100
Toaster:
Scelly:
Luke:
Dariush:
Tyrin: +100
Max:

Spoiler:  Map (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Luke Prowler (Original, right? :P )
Reason: His family has a long history of racers, but after a legal dispute over thr rights of a logo, he could not afford the fancy speeders than have become common place. The AFWRC, on the other hand, allows for a lower standard.
Name vehicle: Red Wrecker Supreme
Stats:
-350 Moneys
-5 food
-20 ammo points
-10 rations
-Ground
-Cheap fuel(+2 to searching rolls, -100 fuel price)
-Jamming systems(-1 to hit for enemies, activate able every 3 turns)Last used 1 turn ago
-Reuseable booster(Allows 2 race actions a turn, reusable, engine output halved next turn due to overheating) USed
-Attract-O-Magnet. Can suck 1 person for d6 Tiles towards you. Reverse is possible. Cooldown: 3 turns. Used 2 turn ago.
Spoiler: Cargo size: 50 (click to show/hide)
Health:
    -Armor:d7 Heavy damage 25%
    -Dodge:d5
    -Engine:(+5)
    -Fuel 4/8 
    -Crew: 1/1
Spoiler: Machine guns (click to show/hide)
      -Wrecking ball: Melee d3
      -Battering Ram Melee damage d(8+1/2speed)(Speed bonus only applies when this is the 2 action)  Halve the damage is returned to sender.

Name:  Toaster
Reason:  Toaster enjoys speed, money, women, and booze.  Since this race will cover two of the four, it's got his attention- and surely it'll impress the ladies, right?
Vehicle Name:  Darkling Shadow
First Turn:  Stats:
-350 moneys
-Ground/water
-Nanobots: 1*4 50 %rebellion chance
-Very cheap fuel: (+2 to searching rolls, -100 price, fuel is highly explosive)
-Ammo generator: +3 ammo a turn
-Oversized booster: 2 racing actions a turn, no fuel use, no racing actions next turn, useable every 3 turns.(Used 3 turns ago) Can race, can turbo
- Solar battery: 1 Laser ammo a turn
-Gyro stabilizers: Ignore weather.( Not obstacles)
Spoiler: Cargo: 60 (click to show/hide)
Health:
       -Armor: d4  Dented
       -Dodge: d5 Dented
       -Engine: +4 Dented
       -Fuel: 2/6
       -Crew: 2/3(1 Veteran(acc))
Spoiler: -Longbow laser (click to show/hide)

The Punisher Repulsor: d3 melee weapon ( Medium damage)

Name contestant: Dariush the Mad;
Reason: This world has gone for far too long without a suitable dictatorship to stir it's reins! But, barging there headfirst would be silly. So, I can use this race to test out my primary method of achieving world domination! They called me mad, they did! But I'll show them... Wait, I am mad. Well, I'll show them HOW mad I am! MUAHAHAHA!
Name vehicle: WorldConq Mk.2;
-Stats:
-1350 moneys
-Ground
Multiuse repair kit:4*2
Automated Robo hands defence system: Can be used every 3 turns for a 1 turn +2 dodge bonus. (Needs a weapon firing action to be activated, other weapons can be fired at the same time)Last used 2 turn ago.
Ammogenerator:doubles the ammo finding rolls of a single crewmember.
-Nuclear booster: It will net you +1 for each unit of fuel or for each 5 cargo units.
-Very Cheap fuel:(+2 to searching rolls,-100 price)
-Ridiculous EMP, Every 4 turns, must roll at least a 4 to be able to race that turn. Last used 2 turns ago. UnUseable
[/b]
Spoiler: 70 cargo space (click to show/hide)

Health:
       -Armourd10+1
       -Dodge d4-1
       -Engine:4
       -fuel 4/9
       -Crew 1/1
Robopincer:(melee,d8 damage . can grapple)

Spoiler: Flamethrower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tesla cannon (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
Reason: Connor had a dream he did! A wonderful, beautiful dream! But that's not important! What's important is that in that dream he saw an awesome vehicle of awesome, and he knew he had to make it and race it! KNEW IT! Problem was, it was armed, which immediately put him in this death-race. Oh well.
His dream may or may not be the result of telepathy, alien tinkering or magical faries that are bored.
Name vehicle: Armadillo
Stats:
-700 moneys
-Boat/ground
-Cheap fuel( +1 to searching rolls, -50 price)
-Ignores obstacles if Racing roll is more then 2( Note, danger zones =/= obstacles). If the roll is a 2, 50% chance of ignoring.
-Percusive maintenance kit, doubles your repair values when the repair roll succeeds, but deals damage(damage=2*repair roll -1) when it fails.
-Round the clock discipline. Useable every 3 turns ( Used one turn ago). 1 fuel, full engine capacity.
-EMP magnifier: Everyone not hit by the emp must reroll. If they are hit by the feedback they travel at 50% speed.
-
Spoiler: 40 cargo (click to show/hide)

Health:
        -antiground/water Armor d10 Light damage.
        -Air defense system: d7 anti air defense. Ammo size 1
        -dodged2
        -Engine : d3+5
        - Fuel tanks-6/10
        -2/2 crew.(1 Good)
Spoiler: Heavy machine guns: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Torpedos: (click to show/hide)

[

Name contestant: Tyrin Ferric
Name vehicle: Valkyrie
Stats:
Air/ground
-400 moneys
-20 cargo point worth of ammo
Cheap fuel: +1 to finding rolls, -50 price
Auto repair drone: Repairs the ship using leftover energy from the engines.(+1 health if speed roll(whitout speed modfiers) is higher or equal than 3)
Armor shielding system: Can burn 1 fuel to halve damage.(Halving is applied after armor vs hit roll)(Can be activated every 5 turns  whitout fuel consumption)Last used 2 turns ago. Usable ( with fuel)
Tracking device : Can be used every other turn to get a +3 on hitting rolls and a +2 to range, sadly others can use it to track you to and get the same bonus. USABLE
2 Supersonic Booster
Spoiler: 50 cargo (click to show/hide)
Health:
    Armor: d6-1
    dodged2+1
    Fragile Engine:+3
    fuel tanks 4/9
    crew(3 good)4/4
[/b]
Spoiler: Automated Miniguns: (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Jack Dendy
Reason: An adrenaline junky, Jack is currently trying to raise money to create a planet dedicated to a massive deathmatch.
Name vehicle: Starrunnner
Stats:
Plane
-650 moneys
-15 food
-20 ammo
Very cheap fuel(+2  to finding things, -100 price)
Advanced nitrosystem. Uses 1 fuel( and can be used every 2 turns) doubles the d6 roll in racing. USed 2 turns ago. Useable
Faraday cage: auto dodge EMP's, dodge super EMP's on a 3 or more.
Fuel converter: Produces 1 fuel every 4 turns. Used 3 turn ago
Orbital laser: cost 1000 moneys to use( you're hiring this thing) can be used  every 5 turns. Counts as a certain hit with a d6 for damage(( Used2 turns ago))
Point defense turrets: 1 ammo size, when activates: counts as an extra d6 dodge roll. Can use 1 extra ammo for a +1 to dodge(stackable).Deals damage back to sender if dodge is succesfull(damage= (dodge roll - Acc roll)/2

Spoiler: 40 cargo bay (click to show/hide)

Health:
     -Armor: d4 Dented
     -Dodge: d6+1
     -Engine +6 Speed  Light damage( 75%)
     -crew 3/4(1 good, one medium))
      -fuel 3/9 Medium damage 50%
Spoiler: Auto turrets: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aircannon (click to show/hide)

Name contestant: Monk
Reason: To realize his dream of becoming SKY KING
Name vehicle: The Zephyr Cathedral
Stats:
- 1000 money
-5 ammo supply points
Air
Very cheap fuel( +2 finding rolls, -100 price)
Explosive fuel
- Supply drop: 500 delivery fee
- Fuel tank detonation: Extra racing action, 3 damage to fuel tanks.
-1 supersonic booster
Spoiler: 30 cargo bay (click to show/hide)

Point defense turrets: 4 ammo size, when activates: counts as an extra d6 dodge roll. Can use 1 extra ammo for a +1 to dodge(stackable).Deals damage back to sender if dodge is succesfull(damage= (dodge roll - Acc roll)/2
Repair kit: Doubles repair results and ensures a minimum repair of 1 per repair action
Health:
           -d7-1 armor Dented
           -d7 dodge
           -Crew:2/2(AFWRC veteran: +1 acc)
           -Engine: +5
           - fuel 4 /10
[/b]
Spoiler: Kamikaze Drones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SUV Artillery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Machine Gun Turrets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goober guns (click to show/hide)

Shoppe(buys and sells):
-Bad crew: 500/person
-Medium crew: 1000/person
-Good crew: 1500/person
-Food: 100/1Cargo Unit
-Ammo: 50/Cargo unit
-Fuel: 200/unit

Special Items:
-Defective Omnicorp 20 GJ shield Generator: 1 use, 5 cargo space Defends against all attacks for one turn, 1500
-Supersonic booster: 1 use, Allows 2 racing actions in 1 turn 1000
-Repair kits: 100+ 500*(times useable*points healed/2)
-Balloon/ Flotation pack/ WHeels: 1000 (allows you to change your type for 1 turn(use cost 1 fuel, 1 action)
-Mines: Prices= (X+Y)*500( Damage:d(X*4),Acc d(Y*4)) One use.(5 cargo space required
-Fancy headgear: 1000
-More to be added: suggestions are fine
[/b]
[/quote]
[/quote]

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Full speed ahead!

TURN PM'D

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush climbs out on the top of the WorldConq and screams 'SUPERSONIC HITCHIKIIIIING!!!' at the top of his voice while doing the WRY pose and almost gets knocked off in the process. Then he climbs back in, makes a plane out of the nearest sheet of paper, scribbles something on top and sends it to Luke to whom he is tethered by the robopincers. Naturally, it misses his window.

PM'd.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Steve?"

"Yes?"

"Where's the Top Gun Soundtrack CD?"

"Uh... it fell out?"

"Do you expect me to believe that?"

"Not really."

"That's coming out of your salary."

"Didn't you get a buddy to burn it for you?"

"Quiet you."

Turn PMed!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41