Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some random questions about booze and property owning.  (Read 788 times)

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
Some random questions about booze and property owning.
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:55 pm »

If this is already implemented somehow I'm stupid.

Okay. I can make mugs. But my dwarfs drink straight from the barrel.

I'm wandering is there any way for them to claim a mug for them to drink out of? I mean I make countless mugs only for them to be shipped off next caravan and I think it such a waste.

If it is implemented I imagine they will haul it around until the day they die which brings me to my next question: How in the hell can I make them store extraneous items? Eventually I want to be able to give my dwarfs to have alternate outfits, more to the point, the ability to change their pants.

Along those lines I feel there needs to be some kind of clotheswashing ability. For example, the darfs put a limit on how long they wear their clothes. Like one week or so. They then put their clothes in a "hamper zone", then another dwarf with the ability active would claen them and a hauler would come by and take the clean shirt to a stock pile where it's reclaimed. There can also be a workshop acting like a magma forge. Channel 2 z levels down and tunnel to your water source. 2 z levels because water can flow out of channels easier then magma. Just plop your wash workshop over it. Needs a bucket, some string to dry the clothes and soap. Alsosome material to build the shop out of.

I also think they could use bins to transport the dirty clothes to and from the workshop.

Comments?

Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Some random questions about booze and property owning.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:24 pm »

Well for your ideas, there's always the Suggestion forum.
To your questions?

Mugs are currently only usable as trade goods. It's in the plans though for dwarves to use 'em to drink alcohol but that's for later.

And if by your desire to make your dorfs "change their pants" you mean getting rid of worn clothing and putting on new ones, you can make a civilian outfit through the military menu and have every civilian dwarf in a squad using the civ outfit. They'll go and grab new clothes whenever the old ones start to go bad so they'll never be naked. There are some issues with miners and woodcutters though, because those jerks don't bend to your will as easily.

Also, if you go down the route of military squads for civvies, you can also order them to carry alcohol as long as you got enough leather skins or metal flasks to go around. They're a lot faster to drink from than barrels.

If you mean cleaning the actual clothes, ehh, dwarves do take baths but I don't think it cleans the clothes. I do recall that someone made an utility that allowed you to clean items from contaminants though. But that's sort of cheating. You could just build a dwarven washing machine, have your filthy underlings gather in the room and throw a little water in. That should clean clothes from stuff like blood and vomit, and you can clean the place up later on either by waiting for people to take up Cleaning, or an utility.