Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automatic Blog Posts  (Read 1734 times)

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Automatic Blog Posts
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:08:58 pm »

You know how on blogs you can write posts in advance, and have them post at a later date and time?

Now, I'm sure the new release will be out in a few days. Don't argue about the release! THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE POSTS.

.... BUT....

If Toady were to make, say, YEARS of posts and set them to automatically update, then die/be kidnapped by elves/be held indefinitely without trial due to NDA 2012, and we had no idea....

How many years do you think we'd all still hang around the forums waiting before we figured it out?

P.S.

ALSO, FOR THIS REASON, PLEASE OPPOSE NDA 2012 THE WAY YOU WOULD SOPA ... ... BEFORE THEY TAKE TOADY AWAY!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:11:16 pm by lastofthelight »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Blog Posts
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:06:48 pm »

I trust Toady would have some sort of precaution from that sort of thing. Like an automatic post that says something like:

"If you're reading this, I have been missing for X years and will be unable to continue work on Dwarf Fortress.", and then have it link the final release he was able to complete.

That's what I'd do, anyway...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »

I trust Toady would have some sort of precaution from that sort of thing. Like an automatic post that says something like:

"If you're reading this, I have been missing for X years and will be unable to continue work on Dwarf Fortress.", and then have it link the final release he was able to complete.

That's what I'd do, anyway...
Well, he's got it in his will that DF code will be released upon his death, unless it looks like people killed him to get the code released. So this is clearly at least something he's thinking about.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30:41 pm »

Well, he's got it in his will that DF code will be released upon his death, unless it looks like people killed him to get the code released. So this is clearly at least something he's thinking about.
:o   Dwarf Fortress is serious business.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:46 pm »

:o   Dwarf Fortress is serious business.

SRS BSNSS

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:12 pm »

It's like Toady One is Willy Wonka, and DF is the Everlasting Gobstopper recipe of code.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »

It's like Toady One is Willy Wonka, and DF is the Everlasting Gobstopper recipe of code.
Who's Slugworth? :o
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:51 am »

The Goblin Den guy, or Goblin Fortress, or whatever. He's slogworth.

Wait. No. Check that. Too small.

MINECRAFT IS SLUGWORTH.