Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh god oh god oh god  (Read 3468 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Oh god oh god oh god
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 02:01:40 am »

...but this legislation would be like burning down a building to get rid of its roaches.

Sounds like something we WOULD do, come to think of it...

HERESY! BURN THE LEGENDARY SOPA MAKERS!

Totte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 03:04:10 am »

Yeah, Bay12 is such a niche website that shutting it down would probably do more harm than good. Same reason the DF Wiki didn't shut down.

Its okay for you that other blacked out website but not you're favorite websites? Sure Bay12 is nice and all but the point about shutting down the websites is to illustrate what might happen to you're favorite website. I dont think you get it why people are doing this.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45:39 am »

I said niche, not nice. I was referring to how the target audience is so small shutting down Bay12 and the DF Wiki wouldn't really accomplish anything, especially since I'm sure the majority of us already know about SOPA and are against it.

People are doing it to spread the word. Wikipedia didn't even shut down and it did a great job of that.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

tivec

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 08:54:41 am »

...but this legislation would be like burning down a building to get rid of its roaches.

Ok, I need more coffee.. I read "Burn the legendary soap makers" and thought "uh, why? I need soap.."

SOPA is another story. The Swedish word "Sopa" would translate to "Trash"... Sounds about right to me!

-Tiv
Urist McDoctor recommends a healthy magma bath to minimize the risk for infection.

In one fort I had war elephants riding camels into battle. I can imagine the war elephants taming them simply by picking them up and dropping them in a coral. I still don't understand how you can fit a few ton elephant onto camel though.

Check out my Let's Play on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/thetivec

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 09:01:28 am »

Ok, I need more coffee.. I read "Burn the legendary soap makers" and thought "uh, why? I need soap.."

SOPA is another story. The Swedish word "Sopa" would translate to "Trash"... Sounds about right to me!

-Tiv

Makes sense, "soopa" is in Finnish a rather nice word for "Bullshit"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:20 pm »

Wikipedia DID blackout.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 07:11:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So... Close...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »

Given the general attitude about SOPA/PIPA here, shutting down the site wouldn't actually accomplish much of anything.

It would do what SOPA attempts to do but can't. FU SOPA! We'll shut ourselves down.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 04:02:07 am »

With "Shoveled snow" did he mean rat man dandruff or the real stuff? If the real... Lucky punk, I've been shoveling that stuff for a month now...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

* Oliolli sits next to a clock, staring at it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 [2]