Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 57003 times)

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »

Instead of teleporting enemies - why dont make them able to build ladders? ;)

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #361 on: October 27, 2012, 10:50:26 pm »

Well when you are making games on teams of 10 all that you want might not make it into the final product. I actully wanted to let enemies have a climb ability. It was in the game for some time then it was cut. : ( Sadly that is how it is somtimes. I hope I can get that feture back into the game.
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2012, 11:24:34 pm »

Well when you are making games on teams of 10 all that you want might not make it into the final product. I actully wanted to let enemies have a climb ability. It was in the game for some time then it was cut. : ( Sadly that is how it is somtimes. I hope I can get that feture back into the game.

Since it looks like you're reading this thread, can i ask you if there are any plans in the future to add magic ? In the intro we see what looks like dwarven spellcasters in the throne room, but i didn't see anything similar in the game, so far. I can imagine using them to survey an area (revealing blocks for a few seconds), temporarily increase happiness, create a small amount of food, heal a unit, maybe refill energy/hunger for a unit or in a small area, and also attack spells like fireballs and whatnot.

Those are obviously just vague ideas that pop in my mind when i think of what a spellcaster might do, but i'm sure that if the feature is planned, you already have your own ideas.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

I'm starting to worry that there isn't much more interesting to the campaign.  So far I've been able to just avoid question mark rooms and build up my army and tech to maximum and then bumrush through everything.   I hope the later levels add a twist that prevents me from doing that or something.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Corik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:11 am »

I must admit I'm quite disappointed by this game. It's way too slow and resource management is a little clunky. The idea is nice, but there's room for many improvements. I really hope it will get better with some patches.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:33:20 am by Corik »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2012, 08:06:54 am »

I'm starting to worry that there isn't much more interesting to the campaign.  So far I've been able to just avoid question mark rooms and build up my army and tech to maximum and then bumrush through everything.   I hope the later levels add a twist that prevents me from doing that or something.

This is my main problem with the game so far too. Games like DK avoided this on most levels by having gold be mostly finite and having to regularly pay your creatures. Nothing in AGoD is forcing us to expand and risk the fort. I'm still not too far into the campaign so hopefully things change.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2012, 08:37:00 am »

This is my main problem with the game so far too. Games like DK avoided this on most levels by having gold be mostly finite and having to regularly pay your creatures. Nothing in AGoD is forcing us to expand and risk the fort. I'm still not too far into the campaign so hopefully things change.

Happiness is supposed to be that mechanic. But I think the happiness stats on most items are way too high.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:56 am »

I'm not even sure what happiness does.  I was cheerfully at 0 happiness for a good hour of play last night and didn't notice anything bad happen.   :P

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2012, 10:08:41 am »

Doesn't it increase the delay between ordering a new dwarf and one arriving at your fort?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13:19 am »

Doesn't it increase the delay between ordering a new dwarf and one arriving at your fort?

Really?  Heck if that is all then I care even less.  I usually don't order many dwarves.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2012, 10:26:24 am »

I do have one thing to say, the surface should never be neglected, even if it's only a minor feature,
there should still be some things to do.
Such as ordering workers to chop down trees within an area,
maybe roughly the size of a miltary banner's zone.
Also, I agree that we should be able to till dirt for farming.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2012, 05:26:39 pm »

I have to ask...why is lava green in this game?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »

I don't think it's lava, according to some part of the campaign, it's reffered as slime or something..

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

no...last level outright says its lava, but its the same look as the slime
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile