Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 56987 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2012, 06:17:38 pm »

No Win XP support? No way.
People still use xp?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 26, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »

One addition I would really like is some kind of warning sound when the dwarves are in trouble. I often fail to notice the little icons by the profession numbers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Idranel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:08 pm »

No Win XP support? No way.
People still use xp?

Win XP got released 11 years ago (give or take a couple of days).

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

I just found out that GTA doesn't support Windows 3.0    ;)

Seriously folks, Win 7 is better than XP. By a large margin. Vista WAS a disaster but 7 is a gem. Time to move on. But a warning, in 8 years or so, you might have to upgrade again.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

I stuck with XP until I finally got a new pc early this year. I must say, I am not disappointed with Windows 7. Like said above, Vista was very, very bad, but Win7 is quite decent.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2012, 08:18:11 pm »

In all honesty I found the game fairly boring. It's charming. Overcoming the possibility of danger comes down to waiting for your tech tree and military to fill out, that seems like a running theme (at least for the first few stages). I don't think I have the patience to wait through multiple hour+ long campaign missions to see if it ever changes. Oh well.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 27, 2012, 05:13:39 am »

I stuck with XP until I finally got a new pc early this year. I must say, I am not disappointed with Windows 7. Like said above, Vista was very, very bad, but Win7 is quite decent.
But I don't wanna :(
I spent over 5 years honing this machine, hundreds of tools installed and configured exactly how I want them... Not to mention dozens of half-playthroughs that I always meant to finish someday. What I've seen of Win7 so far was an amount of headache (reinstall 3 times, on a NEW computer) that I'm quite biased against it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 27, 2012, 07:31:32 am »

I have not had to reinstall win 7 once while I needed to reinstall xp and vista multiple times. I am far from a Win fan but this OS is absolutely a proper evolution. Look, I had an awesome pair of boots that not only looked great but were as comfortable as slippers. But after 3 years they became so worn out that I could not get them repaired properly and I had to replace them because they were not appropriate for social or work anymore. It took trying 2 pairs of new boots but I found some great ones and now I am better off. I still miss the old ones occasionally but I know I am wearing a superior pair now.
TLDR, it's time to move on if you want to be able to participate in the pc world.

Back on topic, has anyone gone deeper than 25 levels?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

I'm not a fan of the teleporting enemies. If anyone gets bored though, the archives look to be zlib compressed and it looks like they used LUA.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2012, 11:00:11 am »

The teleporting enemies are getting on my nerves too avoiding all my traps like that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Keshire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:20 am »

The teleporting enemies are getting on my nerves too avoiding all my traps like that.

Exactly. Teleporting enemies make the entire trap and electricity aspect completely useless.

Chokepoint? Not Yours!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 27, 2012, 11:16:35 am »

TLDR, it's time to move on if you want to be able to participate in the pc world.
:( You convinced me (That is already two people in one thread who changed their minds! It's a new record!).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2012, 12:44:56 pm »

Hallo I just wanted say we have a list on the steam forums for suggestions to what we will put in the game. Like might make a mode without teleporting enemies and with out the ablity to teleport. :) http://steamcommunity.com/app/200370/discussions/0/ Ive read this thread but it would help lots if you post in the steam forums so we have the feedback in one place! if you have the time. Thanks you in advance we apricate all the feedback we get.
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2012, 12:59:04 pm »

Patch 1.01 has been released.

Additions:
* Requested feature of building blocks (Paths->Blocks); This block must be crafted and can be sold and/or destroyed by enemies but will simulate the visual and functional aspects of an undigged block.
* Added vsync to video options.

Fixes:
* Added a fix to solve multiple music tracks being played simultaneously at certain occasions.
* Added a check for the camera when loading a game; if the camera is out of bounds it will be restored to a valid state.

thank god i can build blocks finally

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2012, 01:52:51 pm »

Patch 1.01 has been released.

Additions:
* Requested feature of building blocks (Paths->Blocks); This block must be crafted and can be sold and/or destroyed by enemies but will simulate the visual and functional aspects of an undigged block.
* Added vsync to video options.

Fixes:
* Added a fix to solve multiple music tracks being played simultaneously at certain occasions.
* Added a check for the camera when loading a game; if the camera is out of bounds it will be restored to a valid state.

thank god i can build blocks finally

We do try our best at making changes people want to see in the game.
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26