Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 57032 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2012, 09:23:20 am »

I think a more valid complaint would be that they made a crap game, then ditched it to make a rather good one.  Honestly, I'd have probably made the same call, although maybe with a discount to Empire purchasers.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2012, 09:42:42 am »

Tangent but... I prefer empire to Napoleon any day of the week.

Second tangent: 
Oh crap. I've just bought a Chinese Bride and I don't think there is anyway to cancel.
I pooped myself laughing at that... A real 'lol' for me (its cool though, I read it on the toilet so the poopin' part was ok... The out loud laugh in a public restroom, less so)

And finally more on topic: I originally disliked dlc models quite a lot... But as time has gone by I find games are labeling mini-expansions as DLC more and more and I have no problem paying for a mini expansion. Buying horse armor=stupid. Buying new level(s)=not stupid. So now-a-days I am mixed on dlc, I don't dislike it by default since much (most?) is good in my opinion, but I still do get frustrated when I see a new item or weapon or something for a buck... It is not that a dollar is 'a lot' so much that in comparison with a bigger better 15 dollar dlc of like a whole new scenario or world or level or whatever, that weapon does not feel like 1/15th of the bigger dlc...

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:02 am »

I'm going to do something rarely done on the internet.

I'm wrong. You're right.

I should buy the game and enjoy even if I don't like the distribution model.

That's serious. Not sarcasm.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:13 am »

I didn't mean to end the conversation. ;)

I just saw that Amazon is giving a dollar off on preorders. Since it releases tonight, I thought I would share that here. It's a Steam key.

Game of Dwarves for $8.99.

The preorder also comes with the Ale DLC.

Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2012, 09:02:47 am »

I think everyone was just dumbfounded that someone changed his mind on the internet.  ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:05 am »

Yeah, I mean, my mind is still blown.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2012, 11:13:27 am »

Well, I did actually preorder the game. So I did do a 180.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2012, 12:09:53 pm »

Sweet, thanks for that amazon link deal.  Just pre-ordered.  Just to confirm, you do get a Steam key?

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »

It claims in the product description.

"Requires Steam Client to activate."

I'm assuming that means it will be two Steam codes.

Many of their games are Steam games. But not being a rep of Amazon, that's all I have to go by since it is a preorder item and I haven't received mine yet. But I think assuming it will go through Steam is a pretty good assumption. But assumption did kill the dog.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:22:58 am by pilgrimboy »

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2012, 01:54:12 pm »

OK.  Yeah I was just curious because this is the first game I have purchased through Amazon.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:33 am »

You can still get it for a $1 off at Amazon. And it is definitely a Steam key because I have already entered the key into Steam. Unfortunately, the game doesn't appear to go live on Steam until noon or so. So I have to wait until I get all my work down today to play.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2012, 07:12:30 am »

The game comes out at 1pm EDT(GMT -5).
Only a simple mind can be certain.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2012, 08:28:48 am »

Is that pretty typical for Steam. I'm not usually waiting to play a game upon release.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2012, 08:45:51 am »

Yep, it's pretty common, but don't be surprised if you must wait another 30 mins or so after that. Also, be sure to log out and back in at that time since it may not update otherwise.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2012, 11:13:18 am »

Yep, it's pretty common, but don't be surprised if you must wait another 30 mins or so after that. Also, be sure to log out and back in at that time since it may not update otherwise.

In my experience this is always the case; google Valve time :P

Also, what's this game like? I haven't really been keeping up with it but anything with dwarves warrants my attention.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26