Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 57021 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »

I think it'll be pretty knarly.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Praecordia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2012, 06:49:47 pm »

I personally believe that it's going to be radical to the max, bro.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

expecially if you make it nextgen and hyper3d!! www.xchinesebridesx.com

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:23 pm »

This game looks like an instant buy, I am pretty stoked.
'nother spambot? Nobody but marketingdudes promoting their own game and journalists sucking up to them for a free copy and some adrevenue use the word "stoked".

....cute
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2012, 12:38:24 am »

Oh crap. I've just bought a Chinese Bride and I don't think there is anyway to cancel.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2012, 03:34:42 am »

Has anyone else noticed a lot of people around here(b12) are displaying questionable logic in defense of decisions based on equally questionable rage at fairly minor elements of games?

This is not an attack on anyone or their opinion. I am just really distraught at how aggressive everyone is acting towards each other over opinions about perceived injustice. We all feel entitled at one time or another to have games cater to us and our specific desires, but let's not turn on one another.

I think it's just the general hatred of all things DLC, I used to be like that as well although mostly because people would charge silly amounts of pointlessly small DLC. But to be honest games have always had DLC in one form or another, they just used to be called expansions. But yes I've noticed it more and more on here recently, which is a shame, b12 used to be such a pleasant and positive forum.

Pre-order bonuses that aren't DLC as well irritate me personally because they tend to give a different bonus to each major sales chain (most chains demand it so it's not always the developers fault), so then you have the horrid task of seeing which unique thingy you want. My solution is to avoid games until the steam sale now, unless I *really* want them.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2012, 04:21:29 am »

This game looks like an instant buy, I am pretty stoked.
'nother spambot? Nobody but marketingdudes promoting their own game and journalists sucking up to them for a free copy and some adrevenue use the word "stoked".
....cute
Really, just re-read that comment and tell me that doesn't look like marketingviraldudespeak. :) Could be you read too many game-reviews...
Oh, and "visceral". I effing hate it when they use "visceral". (Disclaimer: one of my best friends is a blahblahgamesmarketingdude, it doesn't mean I dislike *you* personally)

On DLC, I realise that the term itself has been tainted, but I am not your average consumer, and I still think it's weird to make people pay for updates to your game. If it didn't need updates, it was done, if it does need updates, it wasn't done yet, and why did I pay for it? Updating increases it's longevity and replayability, and merely justifies the initial cost. Perhaps DF and TF2 have heightened my expectations, but I'm very very allergic to anything that even reeks like a "monetization strategy".

Now you could ask, does that mean that I walk through every shop and supermarket, RAEGing at every single item on display that is not 100% accurate in its description of the product, 100% fair and reasonable in its price? Yes, yes it does mean exactly that. Every time I go shopping I die a little inside.

Oh, and Magicka sucked balls, everyone just has it because it was in a humbleindiebundle  :P
Edit: Disclaimer #2: I'm aware I'm autistic.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:33:22 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2012, 05:44:43 am »

the marketing had blurred the line between patch fix and expansion disk, it is up to the customer to remind them how much is too much.

but boy do I miss the old days of whole episodes added to games via updates.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2012, 06:20:03 am »

@Siquo, Guess you don't play Crusader Kings II?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2012, 06:36:26 am »

True: tried it and did not like it. Why?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2012, 06:40:04 am »

Paradox, developers of CKII, are trialling a new system of DLC. They offer content patches for free but some of the features, say playing as a Muslim in Sword of Islam, are cut off until you buy the DLC. It's rather similar to how some Free2Play games work and it's been so far rather interesting. I don't think I mind the method at all.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2012, 06:46:30 am »

Paradox, developers of CKII, are trialling a new system of DLC. They offer content patches for free but some of the features, say playing as a Muslim in Sword of Islam, are cut off until you buy the DLC. It's rather similar to how some Free2Play games work and it's been so far rather interesting. I don't think I mind the method at all.

better than the total war method of making you pay for the fixes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2012, 08:14:42 am »

Isn't that the apple method, though? Pretty sure they did it first.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2012, 08:40:56 am »

Total war games do not make you pay for the fixes, they might not release a lot of patches but the ones they do are free.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2012, 09:10:41 am »

Total war games do not make you pay for the fixes, they might not release a lot of patches but the ones they do are free.

like the napoleon expansion which fixed empire bugs?

they all went sorry for the bugs, we will be fixing it, then they get all napoleon is coming out great with all the experience gathered from fixing emprie then they said, well, guess what? now the code is too different and we will not be merging fixes and as icing they said now napoleon is a full standalone game and no more an expansion, screw you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26