Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 57072 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2012, 08:10:51 am »

You guys give up way too fast.
It's like abandoning a fort as soon as the first goblin siege shows up before you have propper defences.
Wait and see what other players who played it have to say about the game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2012, 08:26:32 am »

You guys give up way too fast.
It's like abandoning a fort as soon as the first goblin siege shows up before you have proper defenses.
Wait and see what other players who played it have to say about the game.
That felt like a stab to the gut. What I mean is it not a pre-order or day one buy I'll wait and see the reviews. I just wish there was a modern replacement for Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:38 am »

DLC on day one is a no-no in my book, and I won't buy this on principle, or at least until I played (and REALLY liked) a demo or something.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2012, 12:47:23 pm »

I don't know... Have to pay extra for ale? Then what are we playing, Human Underground Town? Elvish Underground Paradise?

Probably won't buy it for a long time, purely because the ale DLC is apparently 'absolutely required to keep your dwarves happy and not required at the same time'.... Also Day-one DLC.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »

You know, they talked about that ale tree on the stream if anyone paid attention to it. It gives happiness, there are a lot of happiness items, its not that important. And its not a pre-order-only item.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »

So.. they're going for a "the Sims" model? Still. Day 1.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »

So.. they're going for a "the Sims" model? Still. Day 1.

Actually I think they will be doing the Magicka model. Cheap game with innumerable DLC for $1.99-3.99
Only a simple mind can be certain.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2012, 05:10:32 am »

I don't know... Have to pay extra for ale? Then what are we playing, Human Underground Town? Elvish Underground Paradise?

Probably won't buy it for a long time, purely because the ale DLC is apparently 'absolutely required to keep your dwarves happy and not required at the same time'.... Also Day-one DLC.

No, they said it's just another source of ale.
You'll still able to get ale without the tree.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2012, 07:27:34 am »

Even if it doesn't worth anything, it's still a "DLC" and starting talking about DLCs when the game isn't even out yet sounds a little... greedy. I hate to use that strong word for a game like this but what is it then? I'm doubtful that this is going to be the last and first DLC for this game. You are making a game and saying "eh, I guess I won't add this to the finished version and release it as a DLC instead."

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2012, 07:41:18 am »

You guys are missing the point.
It's not a DLC, it's a pre-order bonus.
And Pre-order bonuses are always a day 1 thing.
Somebody might call it a DLC, coz DLC is apparently the shits, but it's just like a TF2 hat.
I mean, I don't really care that much about hats from other games, but it's not like it's gonna prevent me from buying a game.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2012, 08:37:36 am »

I'm okay with it if it's just a pre-order bonus but I have a feeling this is just the hint of what's coming.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2012, 08:41:42 am »

I'm okay with it if it's just a pre-order bonus but I have a feeling this is just the hint of what's coming.

Well, I'd wait to see which DLC will appear. Maybe they'll be about new candy stuff that will be useless but good to see.
Like the "African Units Pack" for CKII.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2012, 09:32:31 am »

Once again, I believe this is using the model for Magicka. Cheap game supported by additional campaign DLC over the next year or two. The good part is the base game starts cheap and will only get even cheaper as time goes on.
 Magicka currently has 19 DLC. Where is the bitching for that? Oh right, it doesn't exist because it is all reasonably priced for the budget minded gamer.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2012, 10:05:15 am »

I would say the complaining doesn't happen because nobody is playing it. I haven't played Magicka. And I won't be playing this either because of the model. Was looking forward to it, but I have enough games to play anyway.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2012, 10:21:32 am »

I would say the complaining doesn't happen because nobody is playing it. I haven't played Magicka. And I won't be playing this either because of the model. Was looking forward to it, but I have enough games to play anyway.

More fool you then, Magicka is a great little game.

Also, WTF do you mean nobody played it?  48 out of the 97 contacts I have on Steam have played Magicka and after checking wikipedia that doesn't seem like an anomaly. 
As of January 2012, the game has sold 1.3 million copies worldwide; over 4 million expansion packs have been sold, with Magicka: Vietnam having reached over 500,000 sales
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26