Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: A Game of Dwarves  (Read 57084 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Dwarves
« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

Nomet, which do you think its closer to? DF or DK?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2012, 06:01:47 am »

Nomet, which do you think its closer to? DF or DK?

I think Dk is more similar if I had to make a choice but my hopes are that it's closest to "A game of Dwarves" : )
I'm a dwarfs and i'm digging a hole...

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2012, 07:50:57 am »

Watched both Yogscast vids and the game looks pretty cool, and seems there is a big world map which to explore/conquer?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:50 pm »

Watched both Yogscast vids and the game looks pretty cool, and seems there is a big world map which to explore/conquer?

There is a world map indeed. : )

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2012, 01:27:13 pm »

Posting to watch. This game looks absolutely fantastic.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:24 pm »

My initial thoughts.
(*)Needs new name: Everyone's going to call it GoD and that's just going be annoying.
(*)The thought of it is freaking awesome, I love me some sandbox game.
(*)It's going to be a kiddy mushy little game, "aww move the dwarf here & there, aww poke that baddy w/ your pokey-stick." It's just not going to have the depth I want in a game.
(*)Graphics and animations are superb.
(*)Seems straight forward, once you've "beat the game" what then? Buy the expansion pack so the developers can make more money. Yogscast video only showed about 5 levels.

Of course this is just initial thoughts. There is not enough trailer or detailed information for me to really understand the full extent of the game.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

Nomet, if you are looking for any testers I have plenty of free time on my hands and willing to help in any way possible. ^_^

Have you considered releasing the game in stages kind of like what Minecraft did? You get a lot of testers and early funding for the game.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

nomet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarfs!?
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

Nomet, if you are looking for any testers I have plenty of free time on my hands and willing to help in any way possible. ^_^

Have you considered releasing the game in stages kind of like what Minecraft did? You get a lot of testers and early funding for the game.

It's not really up to us but paradox who is the publisher of the game. I would really much like to do it this way. I will post here when we go into beta testing : )

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:45 pm »

(*)It's going to be a kiddy mushy little game, "aww move the dwarf here & there, aww poke that baddy w/ your pokey-stick." It's just not going to have the depth I want in a game.

Some people try pot and don't like it, some stick with it, some move on to crack, crank, or junk despite them not having the ease-of-use and ready availability that pot has.  I'm sure you can follow the analogy.

Point I'm making is, there is and will continue to be a place for DF.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2012, 07:08:21 am »

Some people try pot and don't like it, some stick with it, some move on to crack, crank, or junk despite them not having the ease-of-use and ready availability that pot has.  I'm sure you can follow the analogy.

Point I'm making is, there is and will continue to be a place for DF.

Mmmmm crack. I mean... Yup! I watched the video of the guy who developed the game, and he understood the game will never have the depth of DF, which is understandable, Toady spent years & years developing this game. I learned more from that video though.

(*)There are some random things, like where enemies spawn which is cool.
(*)Battles and fights are not big events, no notifications or zooming. Your miner is initially in danger because they discover enemies, but then warrior dwarfs are smart enough to attack on their own even if not in line-of-sight.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

I have been rejected :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only a simple mind can be certain.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:04 am »

Same :'(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:07 pm »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »

Should we revolt?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2012, 01:48:34 pm »

Same :(  I think we should as Dwarf fortress goers we have the right to play this game and inspire the dev,s with out wisdom and !!!Science!!!!!
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26