Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hand of Armok scenarios  (Read 1820 times)

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hand of Armok scenarios
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:51 pm »

So I have a fort I'm getting tired of. Over 500 filled coffins, but after every round of deaths (even a tantrum spiral that took 200 dwarves down to 10), immigrants manage to bring it back to the population cap. I'm now looking for some surefire exciting ways to murder the lot of them within a season. I normally just seal up all holes and flood the place with automated pumps, but am looking to expand my horizons. Suggestions?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Hand of Armok scenarios
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:13:01 pm »

Ultimate cave in.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:14:24 pm »

Ultimate cave in.
Take down the whole mountain!

NO!

Take down the whole embark site! bring everything and everyone down one level... hide the lever in some hidden fun area *cough* and then pull it.

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »

Both excellent ideas, though in this particular fort I'm doing the Human Challenge so to start digging now seems... unnatural?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »

While this approach works best with dwarves, I believe you are wanting a little thing called "The Lever".

The Lever must always be referred to as The Lever. The capital letters are non-optional.

The Lever will, when pulled:

- send a signal to every floodgate, machine, drawbridge and repeating spike trap in the fort (with one pull, no setting The Lever to repeat. If you are respectful to The Lever, only one pull is needed.
- collapse the ceilings of all food and booze stockpile areas, but NOT destroy the fort.
- destroy every coffin in the fort
- release all caged badgers, untamed dragons, elephants, zombie carp/sturgeons/whales, fully equipped goblins and megabeasts/FB's
- set any flammable parts of the fort on fire
- set the area around the fort on fire
- fire a yak at a noble
- set the world on fire
- collapse a vast pit from surface to HFS across the map from the fort, thus dooming the ENTIRE WORLD to a terrible end. Bonus points if a caravan of elves gets dropped into Clownland this way.
- nearly or completely seal off the fort about a third of the way down the inhabited levels.
- spread gnomeblight and/or FB extract and/or kitten limbs across the valley/whatever.

Instructions:
1. Set up The Lever
2. Pull The Lever.
3. Keep the fun going as long as possible, with barricades, temporary walls and last stands.
4. Tell us how it went. Include screenshots.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »

1.Lock some powerful fighters in there own little pit, with a external way to let them out. Make sure they are all connected.

2.Wait for as many as you can to go insane, with care taken to make them not starve during the wait.

3.Unleash the buggers.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

if you wanna finish it, and REALLY make sure its dead mix the doomsday device with this

-open path for sieges, disable traps.
-reduce the value of the rooms, deface things
-make sure the dwarves WILL be angry, destroy their bedrooms, their everything
-loyalty cascade, to make sure even more!
-PULL THE DOOMSDAY LEVER!

enjoy armok's fury/raeg
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »

if you wanna finish it, and REALLY make sure its dead mix the doomsday device with this

-open path for sieges, disable traps.
-reduce the value of the rooms, deface things
-make sure the dwarves WILL be angry, destroy their bedrooms, their everything
-loyalty cascade, to make sure even more!
-PULL THE DOOMSDAY LEVER!

enjoy armok's fury/raeg

Armok's joy. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:26:01 pm »

Translate the surface fort blocks and buildings to the same row, column positions on the bottommost layer.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »

Staircases straight down to HFS. Everyone CHAAAAARGE! IF you fial to kill yourself it'll still be awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

Gather your FB's. Danger room train an army of Goblins, Trolls, Humans, Elves and Kobolds. Create a cell block where you keep your danger room trained Berserk Dorfs clad in resplendent adamantine armour.
Dig ramp way to the caverns, and finally, the HFS.

Release everything.

dyllionaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 03:26:37 pm »

There are some diabolical individuals residing in this forum.  :o

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »

Ah you are all missing the points he made where he didn't want to dig on account of playing humans.

I'm going with the cave-in approach.  But don't make it just any cave-in.  Make it a cave-in megaproject.

1) Start with a single support at ground level.  build a 3x3 floor/wall/whatever on top of that.  Put a support on that.  Build a 5x5 platform on top of that.  Etc.  (Don't remember what kinds of constructions can get built on what other kinds of constructions...) Until you have a massive, sky-spanning inverted pyramid.  You'll have to dig, but you can look at it as a strip-mine as opposed to actually tunneling.  Something more apropos of humans.

2) Then attach a lever to the lowermost support and torture your humans until they start to go insane.  (Try lack of booze.  Humans still run off booze right?)  Hopefully one of them will go bonkers and pull the lever.  If not, keep torturing them until someone does.

3) Fun!
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

- set the world on fire
- spread ... kitten limbs across the valley
I have a large, central tower to do the latter from. If I can somehow ignite them before launching, I may be able to do it all in one go...

Until you have a massive, sky-spanning inverted pyramid.  You'll have to dig, but you can look at it as a strip-mine as opposed to actually tunneling.  Something more apropos of humans.
I actually started in a heavily forested area just to piss off the elves with deforestation so I wouldn't have to dig. I should be able to make the giant inverted pyramid of wood. Then launch flaming kitten parts off of it.