Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: No plot. No sanity. Just dice. SEMI-HIATUS.  (Read 20986 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: No plot. No sanity. Just dice.
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2012, 08:12:36 pm »

TURN TWELVE: WTFZOMBIES

Bend time to fast-forward to the area of the land that is most corrupt.
I help whatever-his-name-is the death knight with his Skip Boring Journey spell.
Also help with Skip Boring Journey spell. Combine our powers!

What do you mean? You're already here. The land about you is just about as corrupt as they get. The trees are bent and dead, there is a low mist, the hoards of undead roaming about. Wait, hoards of undead? AWWWWW MAAAAN. It seems there is an EVUL NECROMANCER about. You may want to kill him, or become friends. Your choice.

>Develop increased toughness.

If I'm gonna go around causing stuff like that I'd better be ready.

Roll:3 HRRRRNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG. You struggle to increase your toughness, but all you do is make a bunch of silly noises.

Maybe if I stand still they will go away.

Roll: Nope. They stick around.

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FreeformSchooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: _DivideByZero_ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HighEndNoob (click to show/hide)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

Magically command the undead to stand aside and sense for the evil emanating from the necromancer.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »

Use justice powers to sense the necromancer.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15:10 pm »

Travel a safe distance* away from the group and use the Unknown Rune that's certain to create my wizard's tower.

*About two meters should do.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2012, 02:08:59 am »

>Try shooting the shadows with my Gauss rifle
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »

Name: Weiss

Race: Human

Powers: Master of all dark arts, and is true neutral, so I do as I fancy.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

>Absorb strength quality from nearby rocks.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: No plot. No sanity. Just dice. Turn thirteen: A challenger appears!
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

TURN THIRTEEN: A challenger appears!

Magically command the undead to stand aside and sense for the evil emanating from the necromancer.

Roll:3 You shout at the undead to stand aside. Grudgingly they shuffle out of the way. (Roll:6) You shout out a challenge to the Necromancer! The mist before you coalesces into the form of a human. The figure is thin and old, yet as he speaks to you, you cannot help but respect him. "You who invades my land, who dares challenge me, I pity you, for you know not what you have done. I accept your challenge."

Use justice powers to sense the necromancer.

Roll:3 Yup there he is.

Travel a safe distance* away from the group and use the Unknown Rune that's certain to create my wizard's tower.

*About two meters should do.

Roll:4 You choose a suitable spot for your castle and write the Unknown Rune on the ground. The ground starts to rumble as you get out of the way. (Roll:4) A great tower of stone rises from the ground. It soars ever higher, stretching to the sky. (Roll for sentience:5) The tower greets you as you enter. "Welcome home, Master."

>Try shooting the shadows with my Gauss rifle

Roll:2 You take aim at the shadows, and squeeze the trigger. A loud *Click* sound can be heard. Damn! It must be jammed! The shadows swirl around in front of you, and a large shape takes form. It speaks to you in a deep voice, full of malice and darkness. "You who enters my domain, you have shown great courage. Most men do not last this long. I have a deal for you, brave adventurer. Become my servant, and you shall live, or continue to fight, and perish. Your choice."

>Absorb strength quality from nearby rocks.

Roll:4 Picking up a rock, you focus on its strength. You feel stronger somehow, as if your skin was thicker, almost leathery. Status gained! Thickskin (+1 to resist damage)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:44:16 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 08:49:55 pm »

Throw Wyvern treats into air. Call Wyvern. TIME FOR A BATTLE.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:57 pm »

Another successful day, and there is absolutely nothing important to do at the moment. Nothing at all.

Enter my tower. Attempt to get a full night's sleep in a single turn.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2012, 09:20:00 pm »

"THIS IS OUR LAND NOW!" The Death Knight points to the newly raised tower. "SEE!?"

Charge the necromancer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »

"I guess I have no choice. I will become your servent, master."
>Become the shadow's servent.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

>Find some hematite, or maybe an iron man. Assimilate its iron into my metabolism. (after killing it, of course)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: No plot. No sanity. Just dice. Turn Fourteen: A deal has been struck.
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2012, 10:55:45 am »

TURN FOURTEEN: A deal has been struck.

Throw Wyvern treats into air. Call Wyvern. TIME FOR A BATTLE.

Roll:1 You take the treats out of your pocket and throw them in the air! A dark shape appears in the distance, growing larger as it gets closer. You can now see it is a large black Wyvern with glowing red eyes. Uh oh. That isn't your wyvern.... and it doesn't seem to like you. The Wyvern roars!

Another successful day, and there is absolutely nothing important to do at the moment. Nothing at all.

Enter my tower. Attempt to get a full night's sleep in a single turn.

Roll:1 What are you talking about? You must help your comrades! Hmmmmm. The Valkyrie looks like he needs some help. You rush over to help!

"THIS IS OUR LAND NOW!" The Death Knight points to the newly raised tower. "SEE!?"

Charge the necromancer.

Roll:2 You charge at the necromancer only to be blocked by the undead! (Roll:1) The undead are too slow to catch you though, and you run right through the pack! (Roll:4) The Necromancer launches a magical bolt at you (Roll:3) but you manage to roll out of the way, but your momentum has been lost!

"I guess I have no choice. I will become your servent, master."
>Become the shadow's servent.

"Good. But you are of no use to me as you are, so I shall remake you to be more suited for my tasks." A great cloud of darkness envelops you, and pain erupts from your body as your limbs stretch and crack. The shadow laughs as you scream in pain. (Roll for size:4, Roll for strength:4, Roll for speed:2) when the pain subsides you look at your new body. Your skin is a dark color, blacker than black, making you almost invisible in the dark. Your arms are thick, and look like banded iron. You don't think you can move a fast as you used to though.

Roll:1 "Excellent. Now about that pesky free will..." You head feels like it is being split in half! You hear a voice in your head, mumbling to itself. (Roll for free will:3) "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" The headache stops, and the shadow speaks. "Hmmmmm. That's never happened before. You still retain control of your mind. No matter. Everything else is gone. Now I have a little job for you. There is a band of adventurers heading this way. I need you to stop them."

>Find some hematite, or maybe an iron man. Assimilate its iron into my metabolism. (after killing it, of course)

Roll:1 Peeking around a corner, you spy an Iron Man. Then another, and another, and another. Uh oh. It seems you found an Iron Man camp. Suddenly a pair of powerful arms grab you from behind! They drag you towards the camp, while you struggle helplessly. "Look what I found."

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:58:53 am by kisame12794 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

I cast Summon Half-Starved Giant Spiders, and point them at the necromancer.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13