Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Curse of the vampire werewolf  (Read 568 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Curse of the vampire werewolf
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »

it seems that nowadays people think of vampirism and were-whatever as a blessing. After all, vampire grant imortality and good looks, and werewolves are just like hulk, in that they are almost invulnerable and gain supernatural strength speed and agility.

But both of these were originally curses. Werewolves go insane and kill those close to them, and vampires prolong their live by feeding on the lifeforce of others, and they can't go out in sunlight.

My suggestion is that these "illnesses" be made more like curses, so that instead of the player wanting to become a vampire so he can gain certain bonuses, he is scared that he will become on because of the negative affects on the player.

But, i cannot ignore the blessing of werewolf and vampirism, so i would also like to see a way you can master the beast inside, and as a werewolf, change form at will, maybe even change certain body parts, so that a wrestler could change his hand into a claw, or whatever, and vampires could go out insunlight and gain a small strength speed and toughness bonus.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Curse of the vampire werewolf
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »

What's good about being a were skunk? Besides. Being immortal is one step closer to being a goblin, or an elf. Come to think about it, Elves are more like vampires than the vampire concept you've given, and no one certainly wants to be one. So, I'm out.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

Yes.  I like it more as a curse, with unwelcome events.  Both should not get armor or weapon slots, to make up for there enhanced nature abilities.  This cursed dwarfs should be incredibly easy to hit, and hit HARD. 

My concern is that the health recovery speeds, be clearly modified on them.  Dwarfs have a stat for this, it would be my understanding, with my limited knowledge of undead, that lycanthropse, only regenerate during the mutations.  So no healing for them, but I doubt this will be the case.  Not sure of the interpretation Toady is going with, with his Undead.  I'm hoping like you, that its more a curse, than a bonus. 

Wereskunks would rock.  Think of the miasma potential on a fullmoon!  It would be great to have all that miasma on your side.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

I agree they should be curses. Vampires should look like orlok, smell like nosferatu, and suck like edward.  Werewolves should be uncontrollable in wolf form, only as strong as a base race sized wolf would be, and only come back to life in wolf form during the full moon.  I've actually modded them in as regular night creatures, well Vampirates and Werecougars as well as pre-romero zombies(made and controlled by witchdoctors), and am looking forward to making them cursed.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"