Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: After Protocol (Beyond Protocol Private Server)  (Read 8000 times)

CyrusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: After Protocol (Beyond Protocol Private Server)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 03:17:03 am »

prolly was a minor hiccup, the devs been doing alot of bugfixing and code tinkering, there was an issue for some folks updating there texture packs.  try again today and if you still cant get on, email me and ill give you the Dev contact email

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 06:35:19 pm »

As Cyrus has already asked for help setting up a wiki, I imagine the answer to my question will be 'no'. However, does anyone happen to know of a resource (could just be forum posts, for example) regarding the agent/espionage element of the game.

This aspect seems so beautifully complex and interesting, and yet the complexity--coupled with a lack of any real tutorial and some ambiguity--makes it extremely difficult to get into.

Any help will be deeply appreciated!

CyrusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »

unfortunately, there has never in the history been a Agent (spies pretty much) tutorial. they are the most dangerous element in the game and as such no one really likes to give up secrets on how they work. but, we want to make a wiki to help em out, so we miswell include that.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:19 am »

The game is pretty addicting, and has lots of depth. But it can be overwhelming at first.

I'm really liking it so far.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »

I havent tried this yet but ireally want to, and the server guy was busy at the moment i asked..
Im confused, BUT I WANNA PLAY :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

CyrusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:58 pm »

we have 80 players now, 20 online give or take at any time.
we are working on updating with a special new item here soon. its a secret but you all been beggin for it... so you will know soon enough :D

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 04:30:16 am »

I open the updater, press accept, and it begins downloading for a second and then quits cold. What is the suggested course of action.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:04 am »

Was that the first time? You run it again. If it does it again, you run it again. After the second or third time or so it should actually be done updating itself and such, and stay open.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:54 am »

Was that the first time? You run it again. If it does it again, you run it again. After the second or third time or so it should actually be done updating itself and such, and stay open.

It worked, thank you :).

Inglonias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:25 pm »

I joined this game about two weeks back, and I love it. I played for a few months back in 2009 - 2010, but lost interest due to the lack of wars. Doesn't seem to be an issue this time around. Its free this time, too, so that's also great.

Download the game. Give it a shot. My logic is that if you can figure out DF enough to play it, you won't have too much trouble with this.

Good luck.
This is my favorite part of Bay 12!
Zack, my boy, practicality - or the lack of it - has never stopped a Dwarf Fortress player before. You want to find a way to play this game without your eyes? Someone here with the know-how will be able to help you and we'll be damned if we let a little thing like the practicality of a solution get in our way.

Daki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:21 pm »

It looks pretty neat,I'm gonna download it and try it out tomorrow.

edit: After restarting the tutorial 4 times,I finally managed to finish it. After screwing around a bit in Aurelium,I decided to go live...and it just gave me a new colony in Aurelium again. Every time I self destruct it just moves me to a new planet in the tutorial system,what gives?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:00:40 am by Daki »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 10:55:34 am »

It looks pretty neat,I'm gonna download it and try it out tomorrow.

edit: After restarting the tutorial 4 times,I finally managed to finish it. After screwing around a bit in Aurelium,I decided to go live...and it just gave me a new colony in Aurelium again. Every time I self destruct it just moves me to a new planet in the tutorial system,what gives?

You must be selecting the wrong options when you self destruct. Make sure to select all the options that say "yes i'm crazy and i don't care what happens to me".

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »

I'm trying to get into this... Downloaded the thin installer, it downloads e'erything, then kaputz, it dies, and spits an error in me face...
I noticed them being very picky about naming the folder EXACTLY "Beyond Protocol", but I'm trying to figure out if that is the cause... (I always spell "Protocol" as "protocool"...)

Apparently I needed .net 3.5, welp, the more I know!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:33:53 pm by magistrate101 »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 01:47:19 am »

Just found this myself, posting to say I'll be playing.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:56 am »

Looks like the game I've always wanted, but I have not the time to get into it.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4