Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - Game Over!  (Read 16970 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - ETA ??? Hours - Day 5
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2012, 10:47:14 am »

There's the sound of grinding metal, and flashes of light from the section of the roof. You can, occasionally, almost hear a muffled voice from the other side. Or is it just your imagination?

Still, someone is working their way in. If the situation is going to be resolved, if needs to be resolved soon.

Current Votes:
Tolyk : 3
Tolyk : 1

Day ends in 11 hours. Players may vote in purple to End Day. 3 votes to end day will end the day early, and the game will finish.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - ETA 6 Hours - Day 0
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2012, 11:30:47 am »

I think I'm gonna chill out in here, if you all don't mind. That way, when it turns out that all five of you are mafia, I might have a chance to live.

Maybe.
/webadict note
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2012, 11:31:14 am »

I think I'm gonna chill out in here, if you all don't mind. That way, when it turns out that all five of you are mafia, I might have a chance to live.

Maybe.
/webadict note
Quote one.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2012, 11:31:49 am »

I fiddle with the controls, while making race car noises.
/webadict note
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:09 am »

I fiddle with the controls, while making race car noises.
/webadict note
Second quote.
Lets hope this works.

Also, uh. If not, then unbrig me and let me out of the airlock.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2012, 01:49:29 pm »

Tolyk, get Tolyk out of brig. Let's hope he'll bite off the thing outside's ass.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2012, 01:52:35 pm »

btw...
Do I die out of the airlock, or do I not?
Did Wuba say anything about that?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2012, 06:29:19 pm »

Unvote.
Didn't I read somewhere that it's useless to throw the alien out the airlock?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:18 pm »

Game will end in one hour.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2012, 09:30:55 pm »

I would have loved to see more activity in this game. Glyph, you did a great job with the setting!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dead.

Think0028 was dead.

Toaster roared, crying.

"Tolyk! You bitch! I know you're responsible for this! The thing inside you, at least!" He stormed to his feet, holding the brig key he retrieved from Think0028's corpse. "And we're going to finish this. Now."

"Fuck yes!" said Dariush. "Throw her sorry ass out the fucking airlock!"

Toaster shot him a withering look. Personally, he blamed much of this on Dariush - the snotty little punk. But, for now... "When I open the door, grab her other arm. Right to the airlock."

Orangebottle tried to speak up, fluttering around the other two. "But... that poor old woman... surely there has to be something else we can do! Please, at least wait until we find out who or what is cutting the hole in the ceiling!"

Toaster shook his head. "No. Tolyk dies. Now."

She screamed. Denied everything. Begged. Told them the alien had left her body, jumped to someone else. They ignored her. She was weak, far too weak to fight against the grips of the two men. They shoved her into the airlock, slamming the door shut.

"Now, flip open the door! Fling that bitch into space!" Dariush yelled.

Toaster looked at the panel, and pulled a switch. Tolyk, now soundlessly beating against the small window separating them from the airlock, fell back from the door as the air was sucked out of the room. Moments later, she collapsed. The panel beeped... and then went dead.

"That's... that's all we can do. She's dead, though. The outer door won't open, but the room is empty of air. She'll not trouble us any more." He coughed, suddenly aware of the fact that their own room's air seemed somehow... fresh.

A voice came from the ceiling. "Please tell me I'm not going to find a whole bunch of corpses in here..."

Orangebottle looked up into the chunk of ceiling that had been pulled back. "Oh, thank the gods! Thank you, oh gods, please say you're here to rescue us!"

A short length of chain fell down, and the voice said "Climb up, then. Let's get you out of there."

Toaster helped OrangeBottle up, and then Dariush, finally answering the man's comment from earlier. "As to the corpses... well... there are far too many. Can we... can we bring them aboard? To give them a proper burial?"

The rescuer looked down, his thick beard and kind eyes looking said as he offered Toaster a hand up. "Leave them on the ship - I'm tugging the whole thing back. Judging from the looks of it, y'all are lucky I picked up your distress call. Speaking of which, Webadict...?"

Toaster grasped the hand, and climbed out of the shuttle. "Dead. I'll explain the whole thing to you on the way home."

Narrator:
And that's how it happened. I feared for my life, but it was not my life that was in danger. Instead, I lost someone far more important to me... my beloved wife, my anchor. When we get home, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm sure she'd be glad to know I survived, at least. For what it's worth. And now... well, now we know there's something out there. Some... thing, from outside.

Winners!
Think0028 wins! Think0028 was a Survivor Ally, and won if Toaster survived.
Dariush wins! Dariush was a Survivor, and won if he survived until the end.
Orangebottle wins! Orangebottle was a Survivor, and won if she survived until the end.

Losers.
Webadict lost! Webadict won if the game ended without anyone being killed.
Tolyk lost! Tolyk was Town, and won if the Host was killed. Tolyk was the Host, and won if any factions that wanted the alien dead were eliminated, and she survived until the end of the game.
Toaster lost! Toaster was a Survivor Ally, and won if Think0028 survived until the end of the game.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - Game Over!
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »

Credits:

I would like to thank Webadict, for volunteering to be the short lived captain!
I would like to thank Ottofar and Urist Imiknorris for watching and making comments from the sidelines!
I would like to thank Toaster, Think0028, Tolyk, Dariush and Orangebottle for participating in the game!
I'd like to thank Doctor Who, who provided a base setting for me to twist into a fun little mafia-esque game!

And finally, I'd like to thank everyone who followed along. I hope you all enjoyed THE THING FROM OUTSIDE.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2012, 09:50:31 pm »

TolyK you fucked it all up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »

Epilogue

The small group huddled on the man's rather tiny space cruiser. Without control, they'd strayed a ways from their destination, overshooting and swinging wide. It would still be several hours until they finally reached civilization, and none of them were in the mood for talking after Toaster finished explaining what had happened to the Captain, who called himself Gryph. He did his best to make them comfortable - offering blankets, and what little food he had from his cargo. He'd been on a long haul mission when he picked up their beacon - they'd been lucky he had. The amount of air left in their ship wouldn't have lasted more than another hour or two, and the next ship to pick up the signal was still four hours out.

As he settled back into the pilots set, checking the autopilot, he tilted his head to the side. "Did any of you..."

The sound came again, causing everyone to look up this time.

It was a sharp, very distinct knock against the outside of the ship's hull, as if someone were outside, asking to be let in.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »

If anyone has any questions or comments, let me know!

Also, did ANYONE notice the shit and hints and stuff I was trying to give in the titles of my many posts?

Spoiler: The Host Role (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orangebottle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Think0028 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tolyk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dariush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Webadict (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:01:27 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19