Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - Game Over!  (Read 16960 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE - Game Over!
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:33:02 pm »

The rules:
Standard mafia. I probably won't lie to you about anything. Probably. I prefer to keep my bastardness confined within the rules of your various roles. However, I may not be 100% truthful, because I, too, am constrained by those roles.

I can guarantee that everything I say will be true, as far as your character knows. If for some reason you know something the others do not, and something seems fishy, you might get a PM from me explaining how YOU see the situation. Or maybe not.

Other than that, it's pretty standard mafia rules, unless your role says otherwise. Everyone votes, everyone has wincons, no pms, no edits, no quoting role posts, etc. and so on.

Each day will be a STRICT 23 hours, and the night phase is a strict 1 hour. (You can send in your action for the night during the day, and change it whenever you want until the night ends. I recommend this course of action.)

The Setting:
Welcome to intergalactic cruises!
Taste the Nebula!

Ever wanted to just... get away? Well, here's your chance! Small, personal trips to the most beautiful, exotic, remote corners of the galaxy! The diamond waterfalls of Magobia, the living steam vents of Tomatao, the floating islands of SimaSima! Your tour group will see things you never thought possible, experience wonders beyond your wildest dreams! A week of excitement, romance, adventure and discovery, all for only §2400! Get to know a few other adventurous souls and be led through the wilderness of exotic planets by your rugged and good looking captain! After a trek through the wilds, you'll arrive at one of our many amazing spas and be treated to tremendous luxuries all as a part of your basic package!

Don't miss your chance, sign up today!

Narrator:
It all sounded so good, in the ads. But things didn't end up that way. What happened... well, I have trouble talking about it, even now. What happened out there, on that ship, it was terrifying. I feared for my life, I truly did. Rescue came, eventually, but not all of us were lucky enough to survive the ordeal, as you can see...

Your little group is currently on a shuttle to an exotic for planet an "amazing" vacation. You all have your different reasons for being here, and you will all react differently to what is going to happen next. For now, however, the atmosphere is casual. It is a good time to get to know the other members of your group and relax before your arrival at the planet a few hours from now.

Dariush
Tolyk
Toaster
Think0028
OrangeBottle
Webadict
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:44:54 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Baster - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (0/6)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Baster - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (0/6)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:39:17 pm »

Can Imhave a spoilspec?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (0/6)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »

Intergalactic travel?
I like warp drives.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (0/6)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:41:34 pm »

I'm really quite terrible with spoilspecs. So I'll give you a maybe.

Heh... I remember one of the last times I ran one of these, I made everyone who asked for a spoilspec a member of the scum team. :P Fun times.

What this would basically amount to here is you getting to see all the starting roles and the players assigned to them - anything else you get to figure out on your own. IF I bother doing that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (2/6)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 02:48:05 pm »

I'm in!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (2/6)
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 02:56:02 pm »

In.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (3/6)
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

Hmm... you're the first person I don't recognize. And you didn't even bold your in! Can I have an example of a previous game before I accept that?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:19:38 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 03:19:18 pm »

I'll vouch for him, if that counts for anything.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

I would also like a spoilspec please, if you don't mind.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »

Okay, Toaster, he's in. But it's on your head!

2 slots remain! And one of them is tentatively reserved for OrangeBottle.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlyphGryphs Quick Bastard - THE THING FROM OUTSIDE (4/6)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »

Sorry, I didn't bold due to posting from a phone which is notoriously finicky, so I just wanted the in as soon as humanly possible. I'm a relatively new player, who joined after your era, starting in a BM in May and progressing since then. I've played in a significant number of games since then (2 BM's, BYOP, Webadict's Simple BYOR, both Witch's Covens, and I've modded Cult Mafia, two additional BM games, and am currently modding BSER), I have spent a significant time studying the classics (including the games you've run, GlyphGryph, your previous quick bastard game in particular), and I have the official Jim Groovester Seal of Approval.

Wooo! Do I get a framed certificate?

Just a stamp.

I'm very proud of that last one.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

Oh, and Paranormal too, I forgot about that one.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:52 pm »

Oh, if you're keeping people out based on skill then I probably shouldn't even try to in.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19