Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T  (Read 46703 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day π (9/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #420 on: March 02, 2012, 11:31:47 pm »

When inspected, I show up as Cult Leader.

Since I had inspected every other living player at that point, I inspected him for the hell of it and, indeed, got third party.

Fuck, derp.

FUCK.

Shit, seriously?

FUCK.

I think I need to quit mafia for a while, because god damn, you'd think somebody would have a hard time making so many stupid fucking mistakes in a row.

FUCK.

I did get a mafia inspect on him, so my only guess at this point is framer, since he was the obvious inspect choice.

Framer is a mafia role I haven't heard of before. What does it do?

Not saying I believe you, but I'm pretty open to any theory right now.

For the record, there was a no lynch yesterday because it takes one less vote to lynch me.  That caused a 3-2 split to become a tie.

The split was 4-1. If it takes one less vote to lynch you, then the score count would be 4-2, still more than enough to lynch Ottofar.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day sqrt(25) (5/12) (Replaace)
« Reply #421 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:25 pm »

Toaster also votes for Toaster.
Not that it matters.

I'm guessing he had a vote control power of some kind.  It's the only logical explanation of why he wasn't lynched.

From Mafiascum: 
Frame Artist (mafia; very common; 4+ players): You can frame another player during the night. Inspections on that player will give a 'mafia' result. Actions: frame
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Perfect Day (4/12)
« Reply #422 on: March 02, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »

I am confused.
You think?

I got confused by Day 3. I have no idea what's happening.

Anybody got any ideas?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »

If there's not a mafioso framer that inspects as third party (Jack) or town that can shoot his own team (Web), then I'm guessing there was just a seriously gimped mafia team, and one of you is a hostile third party.

That or Ottofar was a Pillar of the Community, but that's just grasping at straws.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:25 am »

If there's not a mafioso framer that inspects as third party (Jack) or town that can shoot his own team (Web), then I'm guessing there was just a seriously gimped mafia team, and one of you is a hostile third party.

That or Ottofar was a Pillar of the Community, but that's just grasping at straws.
I meant not stupid ideas.

I'm too tired to try and think right now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:00 am »

My current thoughts in the order I'm willing to believe them are the following:

1) Jack A T's post that Ottofar checked is mostly true, except for the part about his alignment.
2) webadict is an SK.
3) Toaster is a scum cop.

It's possible to check two of these possibilities (in addition to any theories you probably have about me) before the game is tied between two players.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 03, 2012, 04:56:47 am »

Naw man. I might be a dirty bastard who relies on technical truths and snarkasm to make people believe things that aren't true. I might use role abilities that do effectively nothing or get cancelled out by other skills.

But the roleflips are exactly what they seem like.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2012, 10:07:35 pm »

Okay, I'm surprised.

I'm a vig now.  I got so angry about my lover's death that I grabbed the banhammer.  This would have removed my town wincon, but then (according to my flavour) I realized that that would be stupid and thus kept both of my wincons.  I NKed Ottofar last night (probably redundant, but he seemed like the last scum).

At this point, I've claimed all details of my role.

Darvi: Assuming that every statement in the post Ottofar claimed to have tested was true except for the wincon, and the wincon was completely false, what would Ottofar's result have been, had he tested it, based on the power he claimed?

Tired now.  Need rest/thinking time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »

That story is very believable. It is so believable that I believe it.

Right. So, you're a miffed town who has two win conditions: win with the town or kill everybody. And when your lover died, instead of dying like a good lover should, you magically became a 'vig' with the same win conditions. Not least of all, the kill everybody one.

Given everything you've claimed, how do you expect anyone to believe that you're anything besides an SK?

Here's a plan: Lynch Jack A T for being an SK, then if the game isn't over, I block webadict, and then we lynch him tomorrow for being an SK. Then, I run out of plans. But whatever's preventing us from winning is probably locked up in one of the two players with killing roles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

Jack:  When did you claim having a lover?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:02 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 04, 2012, 11:38:45 pm »

Oh yeah- somehow I was trying to make it be part of the post that Ottofar checked.

Jack:  What'd you do the night before?  (Night of the Derp, as it were.)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2012, 12:34:10 am »

Jack:  What'd you do the night before?  (Night of the Derp, as it were.)

Nothing.

Given everything you've claimed, how do you expect anyone to believe that you're anything besides an SK?
A mix of Ottofar's check of my post and Darvi's eventual answer to my question should hopefully prove that you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ahem.

My alignment is Miffed Town: I'm basically a townie, and win the same way as the rest of the town, but I have an extra possible wincon: if everybody is dead, I win.

I am the mod.

When inspected, I show up as Cult Leader.
I find it hard to believe that, if the Miffed Town chunk was untrue, I would still show up as having mostly told the truth, seeing how it's the majority of my claims in that post.  I believe Darvi will back me up there.

On why I didn't die with PM: I'm immortal.  However, I ragequit if I get lynched or NKed, so I effectively die that way.  I asked Darvi, and he said that the entire purpose of my immortality is to make me survive if my lover dies.  That, and because it's funny.

Toaster: You mentioned much earlier in the game that the flavour of your miller ability made you much more willing to believe my claim of my Cult Leader miller ability.  Now that we've pretty much hit the point where we've claimed, could you explain this?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:38 am »

Darvi: Assuming that every statement in the post Ottofar claimed to have tested was true except for the wincon, and the wincon was completely false, what would Ottofar's result have been, had he tested it, based on the power he claimed?
I'd probably say that most (as in, more than half of it) of the post was wrong.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 05, 2012, 11:18:24 am »

Toaster: You mentioned much earlier in the game that the flavour of your miller ability made you much more willing to believe my claim of my Cult Leader miller ability.  Now that we've pretty much hit the point where we've claimed, could you explain this?

Okay.  I'm Mixer (so I'm playing myself.)  The ability is Default Scum IC, making me scummy from hanging around all the scum chats.  The weird flavor behind it (at that point) made me figure you were someone like Jim, with an army of Jimbots type miller.  What is the flavor behind your ability?

Just to confirm, you're Derpy, right?

Darvi:  Let's say someone has one set of wincons, but a certain event will make them change their wincon.  They posted their current wincons but didn't mention the ability that made it change.

If someone checked the truthfulness of that post, what would be the result?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34