Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T  (Read 46702 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Native:
And that was a good enough reason to lynch him? Why not go after someone who was actually doing something, someone who might actually be scum?

(Implying that only scum do things)

I guess by your logic, you are town because you are doing nothing.  How about I let my vote show whether I agree or disagree with that statement?

I'm implying that it seems to me a better idea to hunt someone other than the someone who tends lurks every game. Instead, there was a mislynch and a day was mostly wasted.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Dariush lurk every game?   I don't think I've played the same games you have- he's usually loud and abrasive.

You, however, still aren't hunting.  Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush lurk every game?   I don't think I've played the same games you have- he's usually loud and abrasive.

You, however, still aren't hunting.  Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I recall Dariush going fairly lengthy periods without posting interrupted by loud, abrasive sprees.

Because I don't have money to spare, duh. Also, I'm waiting to hear back from Jim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

And that was a good enough reason to lynch him? Why not go after someone who was actually doing something, someone who might actually be scum?

Yep, it was. Dariush was also voting WUBA DUBA because he was an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasshole, without bothering to elaborate on why that made webadict scum. So, in short, there was reason enough to suspect Dariush.

Also, you act like I haven't gone after people who have 'done something' this game. Like webadict or Jack A T or probably some other people.

I'm implying that it seems to me a better idea to hunt someone other than the someone who tends lurks every game. Instead, there was a mislynch and a day was mostly wasted.

But lurkers can be scum, and lurking is an effective scum tactic.

If you're advocating I shouldn't look at lurkers for being lurkers, I will heavy-handedly declare that stupid.

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I recall Dariush going fairly lengthy periods without posting interrupted by loud, abrasive sprees.

Dariush is on a different schedule than people in North America like you and I (I'm assuming), but he's not inactive.

The assertion that he lurks every game is false.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then what made you vote Dariush over any of them?

I know lurkers can be scum and it's an obnoxious tactic, but does that mean you should always lynch lurkers first?
I'm saying you should call lurkers out for lurking and hunt for scum. Or, even better, that there shouldn't be lurkers in the first place.

I'm aware of that and it's probably just recently that it seems that way. Or maybe my own inactivity only magnifies him. In either case, I retract that statement.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Then what made you vote Dariush over any of them?

As I recall, Powder Miner was up for replacement and people were already giving Ottofar crap for his lurking. Ottofar offered up his one-shot and seemed to produce results, so that took him off the list for the day.

That pretty much covered all the super-inactive people. Then there was Dariush for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I know lurkers can be scum and it's an obnoxious tactic, but does that mean you should always lynch lurkers first?
I'm saying you should call lurkers out for lurking and hunt for scum. Or, even better, that there shouldn't be lurkers in the first place.

I'm aware of that and it's probably just recently that it seems that way. Or maybe my own inactivity only magnifies him. In either case, I retract that statement.

I didn't go after lurkers first, I went after Jack A T, and look how that turned out. I'm already doing what I'm supposed to be doing, even by whatever criteria you're trying to apply to me.

And it would be nice if there were no lurkers ever but that's not the game we play these days.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Ugh.

As of today, I have a much bigger problem to deal with than Jim.

Let's start with my Mostly True result.  I asked Darvi about it, taking advantage of my "Mod" power (basically, Darvi has to be non-snarky, sincere, and clear when he answers my questions).  Apparently, it was due to a subtle difference between what I said and some minor detail in my role PM.  Darvi was not any clearer than that (which is odd...).  Which leaves me confused.  Probably something about the exact wording of Miffed Town, though the role PM was really badly written when it came to that.  Basically, what I said is my best understanding of my role PM.

Next up, the problem.  I was Powder Miner's lover.  Then Webadict shot PM.  My role hinted at unfortunate consequences if PM happened to die.  Now Darvi's explicitly refusing to say whether anything happened to me as a result of that.  Testing continues, mostly focused on my "Mod" power and whether it still exists.  Questions involving sensitive information (role, alignment, and such) are being asked in Loverchat.

Darvi: What does red text do?  What does blue text do?  What does green text do?

NativeForeigner:

Like me, before Ottofar's power was used?  You know, the guy who Jim was trying to get lynched before Dariush?

I'm implying that it seems to me a better idea to hunt someone other than the someone who tends lurks every game.
Hunt someone like me?

Odd how I was Jim's target for most of the day, seeing how I wasn't exactly lurking.

Native.  I have a question: did you think Dariush was town yesterday?  If so, why?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Sorry guys. I'm not paying enough attention.

I made a mistake. I just took a look at my sent items and apparently I didn't block webadict Night 1. I blocked Andrew425.

Whoops.
Because that wouldn't make sense.

I've forgotten what happened because apparently I read this twice but don't remember it.

I'm honestly not thinking straight right now.

I'm just going to post here to help push things along. I'm probably going to kill Orangebottle tonight, because he's not getting a replacement any time soon. We need more to happen today, or we're not going to get anything done.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

You guys were lucky I haven't been online in days or you'd all have gotten the prod-hammer.  Ending day soon-ish.

Darvi: What does red text do?  What does blue text do?  What does green text do?
Exactly what you'd expect them to do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Mod:  Can we get a better definition than "soon-ish?"  Also, vote count?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod:  Can we get a better definition than "soon-ish?"
When it's done.

webadict [0]:
Toaster [0]:
Jim Groovester [0]:
NativeForeigner [3]: Toaster, Jack A T, Jim
Jack A T [0]:
Orangebottle [0]:
Ottofar [0]:

No Lynch [0]:
Not Voting [4]: webadict, NativeForeigner, Orangebottle, Ottofar

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After some discussion after webadict confessed to killing the others, Derpy got thirsty.
"While you guys are busy bickering at each other, do you mind if I have a drink?", he asks, grabbing for a nearby bottle and emptying it before anybody could reply. "Ah, that was refreshing. Now, have you come to a conclusion yet?"
"What did you do!?", Mike shouts.
"Wha? Did I do something?"
"That was Applebottle who you just emptied, you moron!", Eghbali shouts
"Oh." Derpy looks at the bottle. Next he looks at the others. Then at the bottle again. "Do you mind if I leave then? You know I have a small bladder, and..."
Before anybody can object, he logs out.

"... one of these days he'll get us all killed with his absent-mindedness.", Victor remarks.
"Are you implying he hasn't been the entire time?", Mixer asks.
"...point."

NativeForeigner has been drunk. He was Applebottle, delicious Townie.

Send in your actions while I visit the restroom.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Night of the Derp (6/12) (Replaace)
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:01 am »

Umm... is this game still going?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:58 am »

Gotta get home first because uni and my laptop doesn't have my stuff on it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:04 am »

Umm... is this game still going?
Does anybody care?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34