Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T  (Read 46624 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day π (9/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2012, 04:57:53 pm »

A possibility would be Jack stating in a post that he is Town that inspects as Cult Leader.  If it's not true, we lynch him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »

I like that option.

It doesn't have to be Jack A T doing it though. Ottofar says any post will do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day e (11/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

Unvote

Orangebottle: So, just to be clear, yesterday, you thought that a vig wouldn't have killed TolyK as it would have been a waste of an action, so scum must have killed TolyK despite it being a waste of an action?  That, and please answer Toaster's question.
I'm not sure why anybody killed TolyK, but there was only one kill and we apparently have a mafia. So yeah, scum did it.

As far as Toaster's question goes, not really no. If anything, an actual martyr would try to hunt really well, so as to get killed by scum. At least, that's what I'd try to do.
Jim: Did you inherit my stupid from the last time we played or something? Seriously, this isn't like you.
Other than the mistake about the mafia's existence, how so?
To answer this, I will insert another quote.
Ottofar, you are scum for lurking.
That's why I am looking for a replacement.

Orangebottle:
Toaster:Why does Dariush's reasonless vote suddenly bother you? He did the exact same thing  yesterday and you never so much as mentioned it.

When?  I don't see it.   Also, what Jack said.
My hands itch to vote Andrew, but he seems to be the same shade of scummy regardless of his aligment, so I'll go with Wuba for being an aaaaaaaaaaaass.

Dariush: that answer was vague. What was it about his Day 2 behavior that made you think webadict is scum?
It was him being an aaaaaaaaaasshole.
Well, you're being an aaaaaaaaasshole by not scumhunting.
Dariush clearly needs to be coaxed into giving me a straight answer. How was he being an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasshole and how is that scummy?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »

There is a cult.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2012, 07:23:51 pm »

^Maybe we could use that post for Otto's oneshot?
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

There is a cult.
There are many cults. Perhaps even one in this game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »

If we use it on Jack A T (or really any player), we either get a confirmed townie or somebody we can lynch. Additionally we might get knowledge of teams other than the mafia.

If we use it on 'There is a cult' we only get knowledge about the existence of a team. So if there is no Cult, then we don't learn anything new and we've wasted a potentially useful action.

All in all it's better if we use it on a player instead of on some generic statement.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2012, 12:02:43 am »

A possibility would be Jack stating in a post that he is Town that inspects as Cult Leader.  If it's not true, we lynch him.

I think this is one of the better uses for Ottofar's ability.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:28 am »

Jack is town.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2012, 12:36:07 am »

^That one, then?
My Sig

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2012, 12:38:13 am »

Okay, then.

I welcome this kind of examination, because people have got to know...yada yada yada.

Testable post coming up next.  Use it, not OB's.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2012, 12:39:51 am »

Ahem.

My alignment is Miffed Town: I'm basically a townie, and win the same way as the rest of the town, but I have an extra possible wincon: if everybody is dead, I win.

I am the mod.

When inspected, I show up as Cult Leader.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:57 am »

And now, a response to Jim.  I would have put this in the previous post, but apparently opinions screw up the lie detector.  So says Darvi, at least.  As my claim is about to be confirmed (thus showing exactly how wrong Jim is!  HA!), I'm going to have a bit of fun with this post.

Jim Groovester: I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.  Are you asking me why you shouldn't lynch me for my miller claim, or why you should look at anything but the miller claim, or why you should look at anyone but me?  Or are you asking something else?

How about you give me an answer for you being a fakeclaiming Cult Leader instead of beating around the bush by asking exactly what I meant about my question.
I am not a cult leader.  I would say more, but I'm still not sure what you tried to ask.  Your clarification was utterly useless, seeing how it consisted completely of an attempt to attack me for asking for a clarification.  Which, honestly, I can't believe I saw coming from you.

It doesn't matter much.  However, at the time, I was interested in hearing a bit more from him about it.  I became less interested, so I didn't try to get him to answer the question again after his confused statement.  Is there a reason why I shouldn't have asked it, or something?

At the time, what was so interesting about it and what more information did you want to get on the topic?
And that's two questions not answered by Jim in one post!  Amazing!  Answer my question.  Now.

As an answer to your question, I don't remember.

Because Orangebottle's questions were the same basic question, twice, asked while brushing away Webadict's previous answer to said with nothing more than "But a vig probably wouldn't kill the claimed neutralish third party!", a statement which I proceeded to question OB on, whereas Webadict's questions were...well, not that.  Webadict had already given his answer to OB's question, and I had no reason to believe it had changed.
Not what Orangebottle asked. He wanted to know why scum Jim Groovester would kill TolyK, because as you might recall, webadict voted me at the end of Day 1 and TolyK was killed during the night. webadict gave a sort of half-answer, and Orangebottle continued to pursue the question.

Really, why do you not care when webadict doesn't answer questions from other about issues that they actually care about, but you do care when I don't answer questions when all they are are rhetorical questions in pursuit of pompous jackassery?
This is the point, in your post, where I finally lost patience with you.  Even now, Jim, you're desperately trying to justify your evasion of a serious question ("Why should I unvote TolyK?"), and now you're even trying to attack outrage at that evasion to bring about a mislynch.  Nice fucking job, Jim Groovester.  Nice.  Fucking.  Job.

Why did I not care much about Webadict's failure to reanswer OB?  I believe I've given my answer already.  But, because you seem to refuse to accept that answer...OB also depended on quite an assumption, and one that certainly appears to be quite false.  OB brushed away Webadict's answer/"half-answer" with crap.  Webadict's questions (most importantly, his first question) fucking mattered, no matter how much you insist that they were just in pursuit of pompous jackassery.  I wanted answers to them, especially the first one.  You decided to complain bitterly about the mere idea of answering them.  That pissed me off, and it should piss any good player off.

Why do you like WUBA so much this game?
I don't like either of you this game.  WUBA somehow sees me as town-like because I joined in on what I saw as a joke during RVS, and thinks that is a brilliant plan.  I think that's stupid, and he should feel stupid for it.  You, however, have managed to seriously piss me off.  And guess what?  Your great new theory, that I'm a cult leader because of a miller claim (I still can't believe that's your central reason for thinking I'm a cult leader) is about to be torn apart completely.  Your primary lead?  Gone.  Ha.  And, while trying to mislynch me, you managed to attack me for thinking that maybe you should answer an important question from someone you didn't like.  I have to wonder why you thought that would be a good idea, Jim.  I really have to wonder.

To summarize: Jim's behaviour has failed to impress me.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day e (11/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #328 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:00 am »

Dariush clearly needs to be coaxed into giving me a straight answer. How was he being an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasshole and how is that scummy?
Nah, I don't remember. Why do you suddenly care so much about Wuba? Last time you did it (in BYOP) you were scuuuuuuum.

Also, either we need to think up a way to get the maximum results out of Ottofar's one-shot or save it until LYLO.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:39 am »

Nah, I don't remember.
You lazy goatfucker.
Why do you suddenly care so much about Wuba?
You know that's not the reason I'm asking, dipshit. Answer: I don't. I care about your voting reasons, and the lack of scumhunting that you're displaying. Don't sign up for the game if you aren't going to fucking play it.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34