Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T  (Read 46761 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day i (12/12)
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »

Second-laziest flavour ever, amirite?
With first being Wuba's in BYOR8?

I am aware.
I'm also aware we're in basically an alternate reality and basically in a closed-off room.
And that "avatar" is more of a physical term.

I'm from the future, and I hacked into my past self's account in order to stop bad stuff from happening in the future. I need to get him (myself) killed, but can't let some of the folks discover that I'm from the future (by getting lynched while they are still alive :/).

Believe it or not, c'est la vie.
I can only quote Wuba for this:
I can't tell if you're lying or not, because it's just so dumb-sounding that it might be true.
Unvote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »

Jim: If you're not going to answer the questions for Webadict, answer them for me.  I tried to get you to answer the questions in the first place because I saw the potential for some serious useful information from them.  I want a better read of you, and a better understanding of your logic.

Allow me to direct you to this post where I answer most of the questions.

Is there anything else you want to know?

My read on Webadict?  He's being excessively arrogant, and I'm having trouble reading him.  My gut mildly points towards him being town experimenting with strategies, but I'd really prefer something more solid than my gut.

What do you make of the strategies, and why does that make you think he's town?

Jokes

Ha ha, good one, WUBA. I almost thought you were serious there for a secon-

Oh.

It's not about TolyK, it's about the attacks you and Andrew425 have been making. I don't give a shit about your choice of targets. All I care about is whether the reasons you give are good, and so far, they are not.

Are there any more outrageously wrong notions you'd like me to correct you on?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »

Andrew:
Andrew: Contribute.

No you.

I second that motion; get the fuck in here and answer me.  This petty reaction I missed only reaffirms my opinion of you; I'm fine with lynching scum or someone who intends to be a lurker.

I am aware.
I'm also aware we're in basically an alternate reality and basically in a closed-off room.
And that "avatar" is more of a physical term.

I'm from the future, and I hacked into my past self's account in order to stop bad stuff from happening in the future. I need to get him (myself) killed, but can't let some of the folks discover that I'm from the future (by getting lynched while they are still alive :/).

Believe it or not, c'est la vie.

Makes sense, actually.  Online actions are represented by "physical" items in this reality, (i.e., we're using a literal banhammer to ban the likely culprits), so Tolyk might be trying to quietly get himself banned so he can safely delete some sort of "weapon" (rogue program/virus/what have you) before his future compatriots find out (because if they learn the truth, they'll tell his present self and screw it up, or something).

What doesn't make sense is the whole gang of lynchers thing, and what-not.  Isn't this somewhat based on our meta here in Bay12 (well, those chosen to be a role anyway)?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2012, 07:41:52 pm »

...Sigh. Finding it hard to get into this one. Anyway, TolyK, do you mean your forum account or your based-off of you role?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »

Andrew:
Andrew: Contribute.
No you.
I second that motion; get the fuck in here and answer me.  This petty reaction I missed only reaffirms my opinion of you; I'm fine with lynching scum or someone who intends to be a lurker.

You should be fine with lynching scum. Why would you ever not be?

No real reason, he was the first person I read's name so I wrote his name down and came up with a question. So far he has done little to prove himself townsworthy so my vote has remained on him.

How about you prove him scumworthy instead.

Come on, let's hear it. Let's hear some good arguments for why TolyK is scum.

Or else you're lazy scum just trying to coast your way through to a mislynch. Really this is some seriously lazy scum play out of you.

I don't have a good argument. I just don't have anyone better. His posts so far have been the typical TolyK, a bunch of bs that helps no one and confuses me at least.

URIST
How about answering my accusations?  I accused you of RIA and deflecting, you have NOTHING to say to address that?  Just a random bullshit question that doesn't even fit RVS standards?  Wow, I am shocked you can't be bothered to even hand-wave away my points as overblown or pointless.  "Don't lynch me because I am me, and you are you".  That's terrible.  I'm not unvoting you now because this is a ridiculous attitude to take; there are a thousand better ways to be dismissive of that BS I threw at you.  Nonsense votes and ignoring my accusations entirely (not even asking what the hell I meant, no less) is not one of them.

If you ask me bs questions I will give you a bs answer. Ask an actual question and I will give you a real answer.

JACK
Andrew: Why put the burden of proof on TolyK?  Who has done much to prove themselves "townsworthy", in your opinion, and how?

I'm not putting the burden of proof on TolyK. I think so far Orangebottle has been doing a good job at looking. Jim seems to be somewhat aggressive which according to my knowledge of his meta means he's likely town as he is snarlier when he is scum. I dunno about others
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:30 pm »

I don't have a good argument. I just don't have anyone better. His posts so far have been the typical TolyK, a bunch of bs that helps no one and confuses me at least.

If it's typical TolyK, then that means you can't tell whether he's town or scum, because this is what he usually does.

Therefore, you have no reason whatsoever to be voting TolyK.

Scummy scum scum scumface scummerton. Scumdoggle McScummerton. Scumwise Scumgee.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2012, 11:16:46 pm »

If it's typical TolyK, then that means you can't tell whether he's town or scum, because this is what he usually does.

Therefore, you have no reason whatsoever to be voting TolyK.

Scummy scum scum scumface scummerton. Scumdoggle McScummerton. Scumwise Scumgee.

I found the last one chuckle worthy the others were just duds.

If I can't read someone i'd rather they be lynched now then at lylo. Would you argue differently?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:19 am »

But that's lazy.

Lazy people are disinterested in finding scum, therefore they are scummy, etc. etc.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 01:51:00 am »

Webadict, would you kindly stop wining everybody and get back to playing the game like a regular person would? Thanks.

Seriously, though. Just because you're an expert on wine, it doesn't mean everybody else is.
Also, it does matter if they're in the spotlight, because that wastes a valuable night action. They could also have a vigkill wasted on them, or a roleblock, if they're being suspicious enough. Your whole tale about how townies don't need to worry also applies to a Godfather-type role.
Doot dee doot dee doo, nothing to see here~
Not one goddamn thing.
*cough webadict cough*

Andrew:
I'm not putting the burden of proof on TolyK.
By saying that TolyK hasn't done anything to make himself worthy of being called town, you're telling him to prove that he isn't scum.

I think so far Orangebottle has been doing a good job at looking.
Well, I think you're.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day i (12/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 07:36:14 am »

webadict [1]: OB
Urist_McArathos [1]: Urist I
Toaster [0]:
Jim Groovester [1]: Jack
Urist Imiknorris [0]:
Jack A T [0]:
Orangebottle [0]:
Andrew425 [2]: Jim, Urist A
Ottofar [2]: TolyK, Toaster
Dariush [0]:
Powder Miner [0]:
TolyK [3]: Andrew, wuba, Otto

No Lynch [0]:
Not Voting [2]: PM, Dariush

The day ends in 2.5 hours. Yes I finally got it right.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2012, 07:45:57 am »

...Sigh. Finding it hard to get into this one. Anyway, TolyK, do you mean your forum account or your based-off of you role?
Not quite sure what you mean by this.
I'm talking about the role that I'm using, the one that i'm playing as in this game of "Mafia".
So, uh. Yeah.

Also, since I don't wanna die....

Can we do conditional votes? Because I have to leave VERY SOON for about 3 hours :(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Day i (12/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 07:57:43 am »

Aw fuck. You made me do it...
Objection! (bold and large font size optional)

Someone, during the night. Inspect me. Nightkill me. I want to win, it won't hurt you.
I also stick around for a day after death. Go kill me. During the night. Please. I want to win.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:04 am »

Jokes

Ha ha, good one, WUBA. I almost thought you were serious there for a secon-

Oh.

It's not about TolyK, it's about the attacks you and Andrew425 have been making. I don't give a shit about your choice of targets. All I care about is whether the reasons you give are good, and so far, they are not.

Are there any more outrageously wrong notions you'd like me to correct you on?
Doesn't answer questions. Doesn't defend himself. Chainsaw defends. Activelurks.

Cool story, Jim. Your expertise on playing mafia really stands out in your posts.

Webadict, would you kindly stop wining everybody and get back to playing the game like a regular person would? Thanks.

Seriously, though. Just because you're an expert on wine, it doesn't mean everybody else is.
Also, it does matter if they're in the spotlight, because that wastes a valuable night action. They could also have a vigkill wasted on them, or a roleblock, if they're being suspicious enough. Your whole tale about how townies don't need to worry also applies to a Godfather-type role.
Doot dee doot dee doo, nothing to see here~
Not one goddamn thing.
*cough webadict cough*
That's just another reason why scum wouldn't do it. I have no idea how many times you were dropped on your head as a baby, but it must have been at least once. And even a Godfather wouldn't do it for fear of a Role Cop.

And I'm the expert on WIFOM, which means I get to talk all about it. Stop wasting your time arguing, and just accept it. The only people I'd think could out-WIFOM me are Toaster and Vector if they tried hard enough, and luckily, neither of them voted, so we're good.

QQkthxbai.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Night 1 (12/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:45 am »

Nobody is quote sure what's going on. They suspect that Derpy isn't quite playing by the established rules. Either way, he seems to be pretty amused by the others' confusion.

Eventually it is decided that TolyK should be banned. His "coming back from an alternate future to kill myself while preventing the mafiabots from taking over the internet"-story seems too crazy to be fictional, but people disbelieved him nevertheless.
"Welp, time to test this beauty", Derpy exclaims while lifting the Banhammer. "Sayonara mister Reese."

"What is it now?"
"I'll give you next week's lottery numbers if you don't ban me"
"Deal!"
"What the fuck are you doing Derpy?", Eghbali asks.
"Securing my pension", he replies. "Now excuse me, I have a game of laser tag to attend to. Making teenagers cry, you know how that is."

And with that said, he logs out, leaving a bunch of bewildered mafia players behind.

Nobody got lynched. He was ERROR: NO ALIGNMENT FOUND.

It is now night. Send in your actions quickly so I can screw you over faster.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:47:26 pm by Darvi »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 Night 1 (12/12) (Replaaaace)
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

Half the actions in, waiting for the other half. Whoop whoop.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34