Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T  (Read 46596 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia 2,71828 All alone T_T
« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2012, 03:32:30 pm »

Are you serious? Hereaks how powerful the mafia was:

I had no idea what my teammates' powers were at any point. At all.
They did, you know, tell you. not that it mattered after you horribly murdered them.

I could talk at night and PM. Wow. Holy God, I'm invincible.
You were a godfather :V I also didn't make an effort to balance the roles too much other than giving Toaster, who got two insanely powerful items through dumb luck, a useless skill that he could trade for an even worse skill. Yeah...
Here's how powerful the town was: 100% townie that wasn't a townie for no reason at all confirmed gains a vig kill for no reason. I wouldn't be surprised if he was immune to all actions, couldn't die, and won regardless of anything.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong. He wasn't 100% townie since the post was only "mostly true" (which was enough to make people doubt it. Also, who was confirmed town before him, hmm?), the not dying part was irrelevant, the kill didn't come for no reason at all, and the rest is plain not true.

Also, you confirmed everything in thread. That's like modding failure to the max. Let me just counter that by...

Oh right. Nothing. I can't counter it, because I have no powers.
I only confirmed hypothetical scenarios. You could simply counter that with, "Yes, but only if."

Also, your PMing power would've been insanely useful if Toaster had realised that the flavour for your inspect didn't match the others', and he PM'd you to tell him what to do, since he was planning to win with you from the start. And your delaying power gave you practical immunity to redirects and blocks, and if you hadn't been lynched you'd have survived 'till the next day, which would have let you win if you killed Jack.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:38:40 pm by Darvi »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2012, 03:39:52 pm »

Mostly true means... What to you? Like, false? Because that's totally what it meant to me too. Derpaderp!

My bad, I'll remember that the next time. If I had said I'm town with a kill and I inspect as town and I can PM and talk at night, is that mostly true? No. It's false. See the irony? He's literally 100% confirmed.

Like, what was even the point of a Miffed Town alignment? He's a Townie that inspects neutral. That's not a different alignment.

So, what I'm saying is that you screwed up. Just admit it, because you did. Let me just use my teammates' powers I was definitely told to do stuff.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »

Mostly true means... What to you? Like, false? Because that's totally what it meant to me too. Derpaderp!

My bad, I'll remember that the next time. If I had said I'm town with a kill and I inspect as town and I can PM and talk at night, is that mostly true? No. It's false. See the irony? He's literally 100% confirmed.

Like, what was even the point of a Miffed Town alignment? He's a Townie that inspects neutral. That's not a different alignment.

So, what I'm saying is that you screwed up. Just admit it, because you did. Let me just use my teammates' powers I was definitely told to do stuff.
I'd consider that mostly true too. Nevermind that inspects have the same fucking effect.

FYI, the part that wasn't true was the "inspects as Cult leader" part.

People don't inspect as cult leaders. They inspect as 3rd parties. (Or, in case or goal-cops, "convert", which was one of the possible inspect results for Andrew)

Also, the point of the alignment is that I hat being town and would rather see everybody burn. Bwahahahaha.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »

Technically, he does inspect as cult leader. A cult leader would inspect as neutral, which is what he inspects as.

Mine would not be mostly true. Mostly true shouldn't even be an option. It should be binary: true or false. Is it common knowledge that there's a sliding scale in boolean logic? My bad, I guess I'm used to obvious things.

Other than that and the fact I was mentioned as a role, I'd say the game was so-so.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:09 pm »

Mine would not be mostly true. Mostly true shouldn't even be an option. It should be binary: true or false. Is it common knowledge that there's a sliding scale in boolean logic? My bad, I guess I'm used to obvious things.
Who said that there was any boolean logic involved? All I did was say how much of the post was true.

Also, no role PM's because I can't use my desktop on which I stored them :V

On the other hand, short summary of the roles incoming.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2012, 04:18:06 pm »

You're right. You didn't state it was boolean logic. I should have intuitively known that I could mostly tell the truth and get away with it, because that was definitely the more logical option.

I'll go grab my helmet, so I don't get hurt.

Also, feel free to explain how PMing and talking at Night was supposed to help me, because I enjoy the thought process of primal beings.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

Here are my role PMs, at least.

Spoiler: PMs (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

Webadict: had the Max White role. His abilities were living in Australia, meaning all abilities would be delayed until they actually got there. He also has a white vest, making inspects come up as town (even those that have shades of grey as inspect results. Trololol, Toaster?). finally, he had rthe power of SPAM.

Urist A: Was the Urist I role. Each night, he would receive a random ability that he could only use for that night. If not, hey there's still the mafiakill.

Toaster: as himself. Got a Scroll of mail, a Scroll of Time Stop, and motherfucking candy armour (I GAVE IT A 1% CHANCE OF ROLLING AN ARTIFACT). He also had the amulet of Yendor, allowing him to view the aura of other players, depending on their alignment. He was also told that it might be inaccurate (it was, because his colour scheme is inverted from mine).

Jim: as the webadict. Could roleblock, and give somebody a one-shot immunity to a kill (like a permanent protect, or a revive that wouldn't be mentioned in the thread. Prime example of how much I suck at clarity). Also a one-shot kill-redirect on himself, as people must kill the webadict, and a dead town-ally doesn't hurt as much as a dead townie.

Urist I/NF: Orangebottle. Unable to be targeted by non-kill actions, except for people whom he used his main skill on, which is basically giving them immunity to block et al. Finally, he had  a one-shot, depriving himself and somebody else of their skills.

Jack: Part of the lovers-group. No actual actions until PM died (he probably thought he would turn into a SK or something. Which was in fact my initial plan until I thought it was dumb).  Really, the only thing he could do was being a sort-of-Miller, get a straight answer out of me (Fucking OP I tell you), and having an extra, unlikely wincon

Orangebottle: Dariush. Had an unblockable, but unreliable kill. Also, instead of giving him abilities that have to do with NUKE (as that would be kinda too obvious), I gave him abilities corresponding to a touhou character o  his choice. He picked Flandre, which got him a bunch of one-shots.

Andrew: Irony. Doc, cop, and one-shot vig. Except that the result was determined by a die roll. However, there was never the possibility of killing with an inspect, or getting a false inspect except for certain targets.

Ottofar: Vector. Could use a Redirectional Vector, his Master Debation was a one-shot vote steal, and Cunning Linguist let him do, well, you know already. He also was a Mathemagician, letting him accurately determine the amount of people per alignment.

Dariush: Jim, with an army of Jimbots. He could votesteal from people whose roles weren't veterans (and as veterans I defined anybody who played before I started). He also was a medium, because Jim always dies N1, so why not give him deadchat link straight away? Unfortunately this was less that optimally used as all the good players outlived him.

Powder Miner: if anybody had to complain about underpowered roles, it's him. Only got a skill that would either block or randomise his target.

Tolyk: The martyr. he could cosplay as other players, effectively mimicking their actions, but also inspecting the same as their target. He could also prevent a lynch by Objecting! to it. As well as living for longer than he should. Dunno how exactly it was supposed to work as I know squat about the Nasuverse.

Also, feel free to explain how PMing and talking at Night was supposed to help me, because I enjoy the thought process of primal beings.
Toaster's initial plan was to find the mafia and using his PM to join forces with you. You could give him orders and stuff.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:54 pm »

Wow, that was totally useful! Thanks for that because it was totally useful!

In fact, it was so useful, that it was totally useful, and I would use it to a ridiculous extent because of how useful it was. Man, I tell you, ungodly useful. Holy crap was it useful, and something I could've guessed. My bad.

And I totally knew what my teammates powers were OH WAIT. That's right. I was never told what my teammates' powers were. I wasn't even aware I had teammates until about a day after the game started. I thought I just had to guess. That's how poorly informed I was on everything. That's why you notify people pretty openly instead of letting them figure it out in scumchat.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

You know, I didn't even go back to notice that Web's inspect result was different than the others.  I picked you to inspect N1 because I can't read anyone else, and I wholly intended to use my one-shot PM to ally with the mafia and win with them.  When mafiosos started dying, I decided that your team sucked and I'd throw in with the town... still having no idea my inspect was insane.  Ironically, if I hadn't been blocked when I inspected Dariush N2, I would have wrongly gotten scum, tried to ally with him, gotten ratted out and lynched in short order.  Thanks, Jim!  *brofist*

Spoiler: Role PM (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »

Here's mine:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »

I had no idea what my teammates' powers were at any point. At all. I could talk at night and PM. Wow. Holy God, I'm invincible.
What.
Dude, check post fourteen of the scumchat. Then go suck a lemon.
Spoiler: ROLE PM (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2012, 10:24:20 pm »

I wasn't told anything in scumchat about what your or Urist's powers were, so I assume I was unable to control you while you were gone.

And sweet. I wasn't even a godfather. The only thing I had going for me is roleblock immunity. Woooooo.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:49 am »

Duh. If people don't send in their own action, they don't get to action. I think I made that pretty obvious when I set an ultimatum for Urist A.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2012, 01:20:20 am »

Without weighing in on one side or the other about how balanced this game was (I wouldn't know because I've never modded before), I will say that my IRL distractions were almost certainly a hindrance to the scum team, as I was useless for so long.  I also didn't understand my role very well, and was again too distracted with IRL to ask for any clarification.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34