Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25650 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - NEEDS OVERSEERS!!!
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:15 am »

the strange part is that i spent so much freaking time making myself a tomb.  (i assigned it too)...if you DO get a headstone made for me, do me a favor and put it infront of my (empty?) coffin ok? :D  It shouldn't be hard to figure out which tomb is mine...they're all excessively opulent...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:25 am »

Ok. so this weekend I have a funeral to attend. so that will be a 2-3 day pause in activity. but Ill try to keep ya'll posted before and after it.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2012, 11:27:47 am »

sounds good!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »

I think your body is lost somewhere. I know I built like fifty coffins, and some of them were left unfilled and you were still wandering around possessing people and breaking things.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »

I think your body is lost somewhere. I know I built like fifty coffins, and some of them were left unfilled and you were still wandering around possessing people and breaking things.
What!? you already knew about his ghost? Why didnt you warn me ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) 
All this disaster could have been prevented...All those dwarven souls lost forever to the fiery pits of hell...you could have saved them...

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »

I did... sort of...

... I've just about decided to give up on cleaning them all up. Meanwhile, I've had to step up coffin production as ghosts are getting troublesome.

5th Galena: Ingiz has been hanging around the coffins I've been building a lot lately.

I'm pretty sure he's annoyed that his body is so low in the queue.]

...okay, so I didn't actually mention Ifeno specifically, but I did bring up the whole ghost problem.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2012, 03:57:34 pm »

I did... sort of...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...okay, so I didn't actually mention Ifeno specifically, but I did bring up the whole ghost problem.
I guess I am to be blamed after all... :-\

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:51 pm »

It's not your fault. It is Ifeno's fault for dying in such an irresponsible manner.
Live bait.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2012, 08:02:31 pm »

Does anyone know how to allocate more ram to dwarf fortress, as to avoid the seemingly inevitable crash I'm getting on my older computer? Though I don't know if I have the ram to allocate...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:50 pm »

i have no idea

Grath

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:50 am »

Does anyone know how to allocate more ram to dwarf fortress, as to avoid the seemingly inevitable crash I'm getting on my older computer? Though I don't know if I have the ram to allocate...

Run as few other programs as you can. Unless you have 4GB of RAM or more, your computer will use as much RAM as possible for Dwarf Fortress.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:22 am »

my computer is pretty shit but i still managed to play at 20-40 fps without crashing... :-\
GL with fixing it :)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2012, 07:56:19 pm »

I have no idea why it keeps on crashing at the same point. I always designate some means of getting to the lava machine in order to turn it off. the game crashes some time right before or after the builder gets there. there is are also dwarves that don't do anything, even with their labors enabled (though i might just not be noticing at 2 fps). is this version 31.25?

And might someone have made a lag machine (other than the malfunctioning lava fountain)?

EDIT: The massive lava pump stack is overflowing, and i think the massive volume of magma continuously falling is the major cause of lag (besides fire). The outlet of the machine is blocked by a mysteriously formed block of obsidian, seeing that there is no access for a "bucket brigade" to get water in there, and i don't think 1/7 forms obsidian.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:08:50 pm by Cellmonk »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2012, 01:27:36 am »

EDIT: The massive lava pump stack is overflowing, and i think the massive volume of magma continuously falling is the major cause of lag (besides fire). The outlet of the machine is blocked by a mysteriously formed block of obsidian, seeing that there is no access for a "bucket brigade" to get water in there, and i don't think 1/7 forms obsidian.
...ehh...yea...about that...I was attepmting to kill/move Ifeno by watering him/obsidian-encasing him... Didn't work...he was too...ghosty...I guess...
Feel free to remove it :P
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20