Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2 - WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!?!  (Read 25636 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game v2
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:20 am »

Mini Story
Gather around boys and girls, and sit near the magma furnace where it is warm. Today I will tell you the story of Erush Orsharshorast, the ghostly trading guardian of this fort.

Ever notice that mysterious white figure in front of the gates?

Nobody knew when or where or how she died. Some say she was caught underneath a mining accident. Some say she was one of the victims of the great dining room drowning incident. But most believe that she was one of the merchants of gold and jewels until cruel fate turned the tables on her when she found herself caught outside during a goblin siege where she had her body devoured whole by the foul creatures of the dark.

Either way, her body was never found, and so she stands there, keeping watch of all the dwarves and merchants that come through so that no one else will have to suffer the same fate as she.

Many ambushes have been foiled by her presence, and many a petty thief have been caught by her guard.

Though her disembodied existence is unable to fight, her mere appearance has scared off more intruders than even the most fearsome beasts while morally supporting the dwarves she watches over.

Siege after siege, she stands there unmoving whether through rain or snow or sleet or hail.

She is Erush, and he is the one who watches our gates every night so that you and I can rest peacefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

Hey wait a sec, where was the T-rex again?
When I took a closer look at the T-rex everyone was talking about, I saw that it was actually...

edit: grammar mistake
edit2: now I know that was the wrong forgotten beast in a box
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:03 am »

I like blood.

I don't know what's gotten into me these past few weeks, but all of a sudden, I've been getting cravings for blood.

No, not like those vampires and stuff, I don't want to drink any blood.

But rather, I want to see it spilled.

Spilled on the ground...

Spilled on the walls...

Spilled in the water...

Spilled on our beasts...

Spilled on our enemies...

Spilled on our dead...

I want to see suffering, and plenty of blood.

Especially for that guy who has 8 children (Only Armok knows how his wife managed to bear so many)

But of course I can't let any other dwarf know.

So I'll be stepping down from my position for now.

So I won't draw too much attention anymore.

I want to stand at a side and just watch...
At least for now.

But for whoever is the next fort overseer, I'll leave them a little drawing I made.

Not like he's going to understand it or anything, but it's always good to keep em' guessing.
But all I can say is that I'm sure...
That it will bring lots of blood.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:01 am »

Ah finally got the upload up here.
To be honest, the turn felt rather weird since I always had a conflicting feeling on whether I should strengthen the fort or ruin it.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 10:57:00 am »

The following post is a part of an omited/skipped turn.  It has been posted here for the sake of having a complete archive of all updates.

This would be a lot easier if I could take pics, but anyways, here's what just happened
Caveins. This is not much of a problem. However, some bastard opened the door to the flooded dining room. This is a problem. I am currently attempting to dump magma on the water in order to block it off. I also ordered some walls built, but it's pointless. Unless the miners mine quick, everything below the dining room is gone.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:43 am »

First look says - It' a madeness! I didn't unpauses it yet, just took a look around.

Journal of Ast "Orbseath" Vabokber, Miner.
Today I woke up with a strange itching in my head. It was... an inspiration? A sense of existence? Whatever, I can't be just an ordinary miner anymore.It's time to change EVERYTHING!
So I'm officially changing my name to Gar.
Ok, diary, lets take a look around and see what we can change in this crazy place...

- NOOOOOO!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!
Better left it untouched.

What a carp, we're getting flooded by Smurfs!

Also, there is complicated engineering structure deep inside volcano. I have no idea what it's for, but it's submerged at lava and I can't do anything with it.

There is a great flooded hall that MUST be dried! It's quite a job to prove my worthiness.

--
Someone let the pigeon beast into the fortress, and it tore the head of woodcutter! We have to find the hole it passed through. Oh, first kill the beast and then patch the hole.

Beast is dead, but while military guys went down, it killed stoneworker and suturer.

Also we have a bunch of migrants, despite the danger. Greetings, guys, here's the place where we need some spare hands.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

Journal of Gar the Miner
Work on reclaiming flooded hall goes as planned. Most water sources were plumbed, drainage also was dug out. I'll punch the last hole...

Manewhile Zon Anvilvillage got an inspiration. He claimed crafts workshop and collects stuff..

We punched the hole, but the second miner was washed down to the drainage and drowned there. So now I am the only miner here. I can do all by myself!

Whoa! We have an invasion of white tigermen! Ast Salvecrimson, Legendary Engraver went out for socks and found himself just in the middle of hostile tigers! What a loss...  :(

Oh, an ambus of goblin lashers. This place is getting crowded.

And finally, frog men siege. AAAARGH!!!!!!!

Siege goes on. Three civilians, who were socking outside, died. Tigermen army squeezes through trapped entrance, half-dead already. Goblins and frogmen still waiting for their turn.
Zon created birchen toy boat. I hope he won't insist on getting outside ant trying it on the nearest pond. But the boat is quite pretty, after all... Hey, we don't have a broker who can value how much it worth!

EAGLES! Giant war eagles! Somehow they got inside! Call to arms!

Our military guys are great, but they squad is too small. We need more!

It's summer now.
So, now the we have:
All weapon traps are stuck with bodies. A few tigermen locked inside grinder and can't get back
Frogmen riding tigers patiently waiting on the surface, frogmen riding eagles are flying chaotically at the sky like bouncing balls
Goblin lashers are also waiting for that happy day when I'll open the gates and let them in.
Those two eagles that entered fortress are being butchered.
We need more traps. 1-2 weapons in each, but long passage filled with it.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:12 am »

Journal of Gar, the Miner

I'm very proud of myself. We reclaimed that flooded hall! It's still has some water in it, but eventually it'll dry out. Idle people is busy with burying bodies that were there.
Twoo of three sources are patched - one with obsidian, one with cave-in plumb. Last hole that wasn't pached was transformed to waterfall instead, and I put sreen glass statue of Shorast Roughnessstones with gneis mug, so any passing by dwarf can drink from it.
Idlers now burying bodies that we found there. Numerous ghosts are vanishing. It's quite a deal!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 11:03:10 am »

Latest news from Touchedbells:

- Miners brigade is digging out space for new modern drowning trap. This will be the ultimate defense from any invader!

- Crazy Cow slabs are being egnraved and placed at Mist Temple.

- Stakust Buckcudgel, militia captain has been posessed!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2012, 11:04:52 am »

Latest news:

- Stakust seemed to be hit by posession by an incredibly mighty ghost! She's not only collecting all leather she sees, but also she cnahged her name to Nix. I hope this won't affect her ability to be captian of The Noble Rocks marksdwarf squad
We seem to be having tribute to Planespacked...

- Here's the memorial of Crazy Cow:

Journal of Gar The Miner
Today I barely had a trouble. I was digging the space for stockpiles and was ambushed by frogman earge-rider maceman. Those holes at ceiling can be a bother sometimes!,But luckily I jumped away their attack, and even made a counterstrike!

I called to milita to finish them. They did their job just fine.

Oh, now we have a giant! Like those frogmen aren't enough!

Giant had a quarrel with tiger-rider and got into fight wih him. Those frogmen are masters of Death of Thousand Scratches:

And here come human traders! Sorry, we can't let you in. Try to negotiate with frogmen insted.

BADGERMEN SIEGE!!! AAAAAARGHHHHH!!!! What the hell is going here?!
Link those bridges already, we 'll test the drowning trap on them!

One of caged white tigermen - tigerwoman, I guess - gave birth to kittens. Oh cutie-cutie-cuuutiiiieee.... Wait. What we do with them?!

Hell, another eagle-rider got past the hole to internal halls! We need to do something with it.

But instead of fighting it squeezed down to stairs somewhere toward caverns. Does it have some clever plan?
Whatever, they both got caught  in cage traps

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:05 am »

Latest news of Touchedbells:

- Human guards do well againist badger men. They fight like a demons!

- Giant bats aren't the best mount. Human bowman did a single shot and both bat and it's rider greated badgerwoman hit the ground exploding in bloody mess.

-Frogmen seems to get bored with us and left all, except for spearmaster that is stuck at grinder.

- Nix has collected 24 pieces of various leather and isn't going to stop!

-Autumn has come. Drowning trap is ready. All humans passed to trade depot, except for last injured spearmen who tries to catch up horse riding badgers. And badgers scatter at his sight. Brave asshole, let them in!!!

- I got completely annoyed with those weeping raging badgers and ordered militia to get out and show them what we are made of. There were a lot of running, but finally they lost the remains of their bravery and began to scatter.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:56 am »

Latest news of Touchedbells:

- Siege is off! Too bad we didn't have a chance to test our drowning trap. I think I'll leave it to next overseer

- Nix started his piece of art! She collected 35 pieces of leather and stack of 2 frogman bones. She's muttering "Fenoknelas", have no idea what it mean...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:37 am »

Latest news:

- Mirgants! 8 new mouths to feed and hands to work. Mostly useless, but two of them have some warrior skills. We need to expand the militia!

- We are short of food. Ordered some nest box to be made

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:58 am »

Sorry for long delay, family issues, was out of home for some days

It's winter!
We're working on steel production, new tavern/booze stockpile and trying to fix overflowing at reclaimed hall. We have continiuos overflooding there, minor one, but still annoying. Looks like drainage tunnel is too narrow.

Also we have expanded hospital and installed the well there.

Traders gave us all their food stocks, so we're safe from starvation now. They received a few bins of various goods, mostly porcelain stuff.

A glassmaker got secretive mood.

Journal of Gar The Miner
You tell me, my diary, are ALL miners (except me) SO DUMB?! I gave orders to newly recruited miners - they spent some time digging new storage halls and I thought they were skilled enought to fix that overflooding... anyway, I gave them orders, and left to have a snack... and suddenly...

Oh, idiots. The dug channels under each other, or directly below their feet... I dunno what exactly happened, but now I'm the only miner here, again. Oh.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20