Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I keep dwarves from having FRIENDS and ACQUAINTANCES?  (Read 1928 times)

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: How do I keep dwarves from having FRIENDS and ACQUAINTANCES?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:35 pm »

This is bad for business whenever I need to dig out some magma, channel some deep holes, or clog up a siege's path with dwarf corpses, because by then everyone is friends with everyone, and they get pissy.

That kind of applies to everything in dwarf fortress... But uhm, I'm sure there's ways to mod them to all hate each other or something!

Do dwarves get a happy thought when a grudge dies?

These awesome things apparently exist. I don't know for sure if they happen currently:

• was forced to talk to somebody annoying lately
  • (has lost/was just a little happy to lose/was happy to lose/was thrilled to lose) an annoying acquaintance to tragedy recently
  • was forced to endure the decay of an annoying acquaintance
  • has been (haunted/tormented/possessed/tortured) by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately
  • has been tormented in nightmares by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »

This is bad for business whenever I need to dig out some magma, channel some deep holes, or clog up a siege's path with dwarf corpses, because by then everyone is friends with everyone, and they get pissy.

That kind of applies to everything in dwarf fortress... But uhm, I'm sure there's ways to mod them to all hate each other or something!

Kill all but one dwarf and find out. ;)

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »

Yes, they do. One of my immigrant made grudge with almost every other dwarf and then (because he had low happiness) started destroying bridges. Sadly for him there was gravity and magma involved. Then my fort went from content to ecstatic. :D

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

I wish I had that trouble... I never have enough workers. Go ahead and focus on mass producing LOTS of sweet pods and quarry bushes from processing into 10-30k lavish roasts. Bonus points for including cave wheat, whip vines, and longland grass. Double bonus if you dye all your bags with dimple dye. Dump all your haulers into marksdwarf squads. Give them Specific hauling or processing jobs. Make sure everybody has rooms and the dining rooms/meeting halls are large and you should be fine. You can never have enough item and refuse haulers shifting ammunition, melting goblinite, and taking troll fur thongs to the atom smasher. Hell, if you REALLY NEEEEEEED to keep them busy get them at least one point in marksdwarf and have them patrol your walls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:02 pm »

Yes, they do. One of my immigrant made grudge with almost every other dwarf and then (because he had low happiness) started destroying bridges. Sadly for him there was gravity and magma involved. Then my fort went from content to ecstatic. :D

Acquired schematics: Happiness bomb
Pages: 1 [2]