Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trees  (Read 2627 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trees
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

My dwarves won't chop. I've got tons of trees designated and a dwarf who does nothing but chop wood and nothing is happening.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trees
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »

Do you have an axe or training axe?
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »

Do you have an axe or training axe?
Several.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »

You said you also have the job enabled?

Can your dorfs get to the trees?

Is your axer on break?

Never had this happen try a different dorf if non of that works I jus dont know.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:23 pm »

Did you recently mod your dorfs,if you deleted raws you might have gotten [kill plants acceptable] or some such.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:44 pm »

Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

Game is unmodded, I've tried several dwarves, the military is not using all the axes, multiple dwarves have the job enabled

Grr... These dwarves are retarded.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »

Burrows, inadvertent military assignments, accessibility (as already said)...

What's the should-be-a-woodcutter dwarf actually doing?  No Job, or another form of idling?

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:09 pm »

Burrows, inadvertent military assignments, accessibility (as already said)...

What's the should-be-a-woodcutter dwarf actually doing?  No Job, or another form of idling?
No job. Nope no burrows either, and none of my woodcutters has ever been assigned to a squad.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 09:45:38 pm »

Don't let any of your military dwarves use melee weapons, make sure you have a weapon stockpile.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »

Don't let any of your military dwarves use melee weapons, make sure you have a weapon stockpile.
I have a weapon stockpile and unused axes in it.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:39 pm »

I have a weapon stockpile and unused axes in it.

Give every dwarf woodcutting labor. Every dwarf.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 10:06:13 pm »

use v->i on the woodcutter.  See if he's actually holding an axe.

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Tell him to use a herring instead.  If that fails, say 'Ni!' to him.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:20:51 am »

Fixed it by assigning a forth dwarf who was already caring an axe. That's the second time I've had pickup equipment problems.

EDIT: Of course, I start looking at my carpenters and detail and suddenly a bunch of dwarves get out and chop trees. ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:22:55 am by Awessum Possum »
Pages: [1] 2