Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 372838 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #3300 on: April 27, 2014, 01:01:06 pm »

So far my Mantis C run is going really well. I've got 2 Engi, a System Repair Drone and 2 Rockmen managing the ship, while I have 3 Mantis and the starting Lanius for boarders. With reconstructive teleport and backup DNA bank too, for extra awesome. Turns out that 3 mantis and a Lanius in a no-oxygen room can actually kill enemies with a high-level medbay. Just need to get Cloaking, a Defense Drone and maybe an Ion weapon or Zoltan Shield Bypass before I go for the boss. Not unreasonable considering I'm on sector 5.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: April 27, 2014, 01:16:13 pm »

Fuuuuuuuuuuck
Found the Rock Homeworlds. Constantly battle low fuel and nasty ships. Fail to find the special beacon.
Well, time to end this run.

Also the Pre-Ignitor is not very useful for charge weapons. It just gives the first level of charge, rather than a full charge like I was hoping for.

I think preignite is best for flak and beams. Sadly it doesnt seem that great against the flag ship because of thehacking and insta cloak

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: April 27, 2014, 03:19:03 pm »

So how many shots does the Flagship fire in the third-phase super attack? I cloaked through it and did not get the Stealth Cruiser achievement for dodging 9 points of damage at once.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 27, 2014, 03:29:49 pm »

So how many shots does the Flagship fire in the third-phase super attack? I cloaked through it and did not get the Stealth Cruiser achievement for dodging 9 points of damage at once.
I'm fairly sure it fires seven.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: April 27, 2014, 04:47:25 pm »

Seven or eight, I think. You need a standard volley at the same time to get the achievement. Thankfully, the power surge still activates if you're cloaked, so a volley ~15 seconds or less before the surge should give you the achievement.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: April 27, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Seven or eight, I think. You need a standard volley at the same time to get the achievement. Thankfully, the power surge still activates if you're cloaked, so a volley ~15 seconds or less before the surge should give you the achievement.

That achievement was no problem for me. I ran into a ship with 2 Burst Laser IIIs in Sector 8. When they both fired, I'm pretty sure the captain of my ship laughed, turned on cloaking and said "lolnope". In any case, I got the achievement. It might actually be easier to just bum around the last sector for a couple turns and dodge some of the volleys from the absurdly overleveled ships there.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: April 27, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »

I think on easy you may get a natural +to-hit (or the enemy evades worse than their engine level indicates) with a minus to-hit on hard. The enemy also seems less accurate on easy as well. This is on top of the negative for flak weapons, etc. Either that, or there's some non-linear maths going on when it comes to evasion chances (there are way too many misses by the enemy on easy for a 20% dodge chance).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:01:53 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: April 27, 2014, 07:36:41 pm »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 27, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

What, they can miss when the enemy ship has zero evasion? That's bullcrap.

AFAIK the way it works is this:
Flak shots cannot miss shields
Any flak shot that hits the shields will "miss" the ship itself, what actually happens is that it already did its damage.
Flak shots that scatter and don't hit a room will do nothing
Flak shots that both hit a room, and don't hit the shields, have the standard miss chance.

I assume swarm missiles have the same process but without the first two steps.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 27, 2014, 08:48:12 pm »

And the stupid name.

Well, I might have to upgrade to his far superior naming system, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 243