Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 372844 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #3150 on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:59 am »

So I got the Captain's Edition mod and the Infinite Space mod thing to go with it, and Infinite Space doesn't seem to so much add sandboxing as it does a goddamn RIDICULOUS amount of grinding.  Level one upgrades to your passive systems, like doors, are 100 dosh for the first level, and powered-systems are relatively equivalent.  New systems and weapons range around 100-255.  It's pretty annoying, and stuff gets really repetitive, since enemies don't scale up until you hork a huge amount of fuel to go to the next tier of sectors.  Basically, if you don't fork over that fuel, you get to replay another first-sector, and get like 18 scrap for each fight, while fighting super-noob-tier stuff over and over.

Bleeeh.

I end up manually editing its .xml just to revert it to default values.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 21, 2014, 04:19:52 am »

You're thinking of Heavy Ion (or ion charger), that costs 2.  It works well when combined with another ion weapon.

The Pike Beam is also only 2 power.  It does have the rather nice trick of hitting Drones, Missiles, Shields, piloting and 2 empty rooms (1 on not-hard) for a total of 6 damage against the flagship.

By the way, my ideal ship would have an all-beam weapon loadout plus hacking and a defense scrambler.  Drop the shields with the hacking then kill them with a single sweep of your beams for a zero-luck victory.

e: at least one of the beams would have to be halberd/glaive to help take out the zoltan shield in one round.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:22:35 am by Leafsnail »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 21, 2014, 04:23:23 am »

My most recent run had a pre-ignitor, an automated reloader, an the ion resistance thing, a Flak 2 and 2 Burst Laser Mark 2s.  With no cloak I took three damage throughout the entire blagship battle.

My ideal loadout would be 4 charge ions.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 21, 2014, 04:24:00 am »

I do like the beams for having a 100% hit rate.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:44 am »

Yeah I say "ideal" because it kills the flagship instantly without giving it any chance to evade.  With the pre-igniter and cloak I think it would win even with perfectly bad luck (unless I'm misremembering the power surge timing).

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 21, 2014, 04:37:29 am »

I say ideal because I would get to see 12 ion blasts flying towards the enemy ship in unison.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:48 am »

Oh you'd also need a zoltan shield to stop them from hacking.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05:55 am »

Oh you'd also need a zoltan shield to stop them from hacking.

Or a hacking device of your own.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 21, 2014, 05:41:37 am »

You're already using the hacking drone to take down their shields, I don't think there's any othe undodgable way to do it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 21, 2014, 09:33:35 am »

You're already using the hacking drone to take down their shields, I don't think there's any othe undodgable way to do it.

Zoltan Shield would be the completely risk free way to do it, yeah. A max level cloak would give you enough time to drop their shields with the hacking kit and hit with at least some of the lasers, though, taking out their hacking kit before it can attach, but then you might leave a weapon up.

Still no real chance of getting destroyed, though, imo, it just means you might take some damage on the first phase.

Zoltan shield would also pair with cloak to prevent boarding for a while in the last stage as well, which would be nice.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:16 am »

Are there any good mods? I looked at the captains edition which looks cool but a little bloated

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:03 pm »

I was going around in an engi sector when I rescued a much needed engi for my crew.
One jump later I find a ship with a virus and a blue option thanks to the new engi member. I click it and I see the new engi member is gone.
I was like FOCK and I had to battle the engi ship. After the battle I get the engi crew guy back, but he's named Virus... and has maxed experience at EVERYTHING :o

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3162 on: April 21, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »

I was going around in an engi sector when I rescued a much needed engi for my crew.
One jump later I find a ship with a virus and a blue option thanks to the new engi member. I click it and I see the new engi member is gone.
I was like FOCK and I had to battle the engi ship. After the battle I get the engi crew guy back, but he's named Virus... and has maxed experience at EVERYTHING :o
Happened to me too and it is awesome

There is another outcome too, forget what enables it but basically the virus gets optimized and you get some free upgrades

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 21, 2014, 01:02:28 pm »

Just won with Engi Cruiser Type C. I had Ion Blast II, Dual Lasers, Defense Drone II, Beam Drone, Anti-Drone Drone and maxed Hacking & Cloaking. I only took 5-7 hull from it. Now I've won with all the engi cruisers. Just need to ion 4 systems at once and I'll have all the achievements for them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 21, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »

Just wanted to share this image.

Notice that he's leaving his Burst II unpowered because it's the worst weapon he has. :D
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 243