Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 372994 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #2865 on: April 12, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »

Buying the translator simply gives you a lanius crewmember.

Having the translator (or just any Lanius crewmember?) does allow a more diplomatic option for a bunch of the Lanius encounters, which is nice.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 12, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

So, should I keep my Ion Blast II or sell it for the Ion Charger? The Blast has a two second faster cooldown, but the Charger can have multiple shots and needs less power.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 12, 2014, 07:55:02 pm »

The Ion Blast II is great, I wouldn't ever sell it.  Ideally you'd have both though, since ions work so well together.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 12, 2014, 08:01:10 pm »

The Ion Blast II is great, I wouldn't ever sell it.  Ideally you'd have both though, since ions work so well together.
Well the Engi only has three weapon slots, and the other two have my pike beam and bio beam. And frankly I love both of those and want to make sweet love to them all night long. Anyway, Ion Blast it is!

Oh, did I mention I now have a shield charger augment? I now have a shield charger augment.

Seriously, this playthrough is hilariously awesome. Oh, and I have a hull repair drone. And a system repair drone. And a MkII Defense drone.

I could practically take on the flagship right now :P

Indeed, I do this.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 12, 2014, 09:16:28 pm »

And two more victories in Normal. As Federation A and Engi B. The first was harder then the second, which is odd. The first was just an average Federation Cruiser game with no Cloaking[I couldn't find a shop for it in the last few sectors.] I got some good drops,[Combat Drone, Defense Drone, Burst Laser II and Flak I] in the first few sectors on the second one and took on the Flagship with no real difficulties. [Engi crew & a System Repair Drone take care of most system damage. Plus I'd gotten Titanium System Casing from somewhere too]. And now I only have Rock B & C, Slug B & C and Lanius B to unlock before I have all the cruisers.[Yes I unlocked Crystal A & B. Got super lucky. No skill involved.] I'm not even sure if I want to go to the trouble of getting those last ships, considering I really hate playing as Slug, Rock or Lanius.

Well the Engi only has three weapon slots, and the other two have my pike beam and bio beam. And frankly I love both of those and want to make sweet love to them all night long. Anyway, Ion Blast it is!

Oh, did I mention I now have a shield charger augment? I now have a shield charger augment.

Seriously, this playthrough is hilariously awesome. Oh, and I have a hull repair drone. And a system repair drone. And a MkII Defense drone.

Your overconfidence is your weakness.
[You'll probably actually be fine, just don't think you're entirely invulnerable. Also, I wasn't too impressed by the Bio Beam myself, but to each his own.]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 12, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

And two more victories in Normal. As Federation A and Engi B. The first was harder then the second, which is odd. The first was just an average Federation Cruiser game with no Cloaking[I couldn't find a shop for it in the last few sectors.] I got some good drops,[Combat Drone, Defense Drone, Burst Laser II and Flak I] in the first few sectors on the second one and took on the Flagship with no real difficulties. [Engi crew & a System Repair Drone take care of most system damage. Plus I'd gotten Titanium System Casing from somewhere too]. And now I only have Rock B & C, Slug B & C and Lanius B to unlock before I have all the cruisers.[Yes I unlocked Crystal A & B. Got super lucky. No skill involved.] I'm not even sure if I want to go to the trouble of getting those last ships, considering I really hate playing as Slug, Rock or Lanius.

Your overconfidence is your weakness.
[You'll probably actually be fine, just don't think you're entirely invulnerable. Also, I wasn't too impressed by the Bio Beam myself, but to each his own.]

I have four shield bars, a huge crew, incredibly useful weapons, augments and drones, fully upgraded reactor, plus FOUR HUNDRED SCRAP LEFT, and I just entered the Last Stand area.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 13, 2014, 02:30:03 am »

There is some quest for the lanius ship I *think*. In the abandoned sector you can meet a trading crew with a translator, who offer you a copy of their translater for sale. I've never been able to afford it when I found it, but running a Lanius ship refers to treaties and such. I think you're supposed to buy the translator and then do something, but I started with lanius A unlocked since I already had everything unlocked when I started playing AE.
I checking the Lanius Cruiser in the hangar, and it doesn't have a quest associated with it. (most ships have the little Q indicating whether or not you've completed its unlock quest - grayed out if no, white if yes. On the Lanius it's just blank.)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 13, 2014, 06:27:33 am »

I now have Rock B with 2 Vulcans. All fights from now on are pretty much pew-pew-pew. Let's see how the flagship goes on with that much firepower (and yes, I have the cloak!).

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:26 am »

You automatically get the Lanius cruiser if you have at least 4 ships unlocked.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:26 am »

I now have Rock B with 2 Vulcans. All fights from now on are pretty much pew-pew-pew. Let's see how the flagship goes on with that much firepower (and yes, I have the cloak!).

Protect that weapons room with your life. There are few things more annoying than losing your +5 charged Vulcan mid fight to a random rocket.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:26 am »

Don't chain weapons save their charge if they go offline? I could've sworn I've shut off a chain laser without losing the chain.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:49 am »

Don't chain weapons save their charge if they go offline? I could've sworn I've shut off a chain laser without losing the chain.

From what I've seen? Chained weapons don't keep their chain if the weapons room gets damaged enough that they lose power. If you turn them off normally they might keep it though, but otherwise they do not.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 13, 2014, 10:40:01 am »

Will be streaming again in a little while if anyone is interested. Until then, I'll be streaming UQM!

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 13, 2014, 11:15:37 am »

What do you guys think of the preignitor? Its great to have an alpha strike to take out their weapons, but it wasnt very helpful against the flagship thanks to the friggin cloak, even though I had a Halberd a flakII and a dual laser.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 13, 2014, 11:19:26 am »

Finally got to fire up FTL again since the new update. Was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only was my old data saved, but I had the Lanius cruiser at the start! So I decided to try it out.

First jump: Enemy ship with missile and heavy laser. Got wrecked.
Second jump: Enemy ship with twin heavy lasers. Got wrecked.
Third jump: Enemy ship with twin heavy lasers. By this time I had figured out that hacking apparently did not affect weapons much if at all, and gave up on that strategy. Still got wrecked but not as bad.

How the heck do you play this ship? Weapons take a long time to charge, you have virtually no evasion at start, and hacking seems situational at best. Or did I just get an unlucky run? I was below half hull before I even reached the first beacon.

And how do you unlock C layouts?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 243