Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373149 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #2580 on: April 06, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

Yep, win with A and B variants of all ships except the Lanius Cruiser.

For some ships that might be tougher then just getting the crystal ship. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 06, 2014, 02:50:26 pm »

I DID IT
I BEAT THE FLAGSHIP WITH THE TORUS
HOLY SHIT YES
YEEESSSSS
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
SUCK DICK REBELS!

on easy difficulty without advanced edition, but still a win >.>

Cloak is indeed as effective as you guys told me. But I think the maximum shield also helped quite a bit, they hardly punched through my hull. Halberd beam is badass, especially when you can stunlock their shields.

(Also a bit of RNG god blessing because there was a missile room fire in the first phase.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:53:44 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 06, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

Speaking of the flagship, the last time I fought it, all of its second phase dronestorms consisted entirely of beam drones. Was this just stupid luck on my part or is that an actual thing now?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 06, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »

I've noticed that too.

They also changed it so that you start on opposite ends of Last Stand, with the Federation Base in the middle and the flagship has to spend 3 consecutive turns there to win.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 06, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »

3 consecutive turns there to win.

Thank God. This is a good change. Maybe even the BEST change to some.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 06, 2014, 03:50:39 pm »

Just beat the flagship with Lanius B, which is really good. After playing around with both cloning and medbay builds, cloning is by far the best for boarding. I spent the entirety of last night grinding up all the ships off of my old save, which had everything. Was fun.

Anyways, Lanius boarders are great. I would rank boarders by Crystal>Lanius>Mantis>Rock>Everything else. The oxygen siphoning effectively triples their damage, and if you take out the enemy ships oxygen before the boarding, they are pretty much fucked.

My favorite game thus far was with the Federation type C. I picked up 2 normal flacks and 1 Flack 2. Flack motherfucking everywhere, which happens to be my new favorite weapon. It's got good bang for your buck, and the ability to deal damage to more than one room at a time is amazing.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 06, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »

And there goes my Kestrel B game. Turns out Defense Drones are required to beat the boss now. They hacked my oxygen room. Then hit it with a missile. So I can't get into it and when I finally got it repaired, it just hacking pulsed it and killed my crew with lack of oxygen. I'd lost a lot of scrap buying new crew members after all but one died in a really stupid accident, so that might have something to do with it.
Spooky Signature

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 06, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

And there goes my Kestrel B game. Turns out Defense Drones are required to beat the boss now. They hacked my oxygen room. Then hit it with a missile. So I can't get into it and when I finally got it repaired, it just hacking pulsed it and killed my crew with lack of oxygen. I'd lost a lot of scrap buying new crew members after all but one died in a really stupid accident, so that might have something to do with it.

Actually no...

If you upgrade your oxygen even to level 2, you can more then regain all that oxygen back in time.

Since it takes about 3 hacks for it to kill your crew at level 1.

This is excluding whether or not you can actually get a good shot in at the hacking bay.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

Actually no...

If you upgrade your oxygen even to level 2, you can more then regain all that oxygen back in time.

I don't usually consider oxygen that much of a priority. Maybe I should in future. I was saying that all 3-4 ships I've gotten to the boss since Advanced Edition have died to the hacking module. Its getting kind of old.
Spooky Signature

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »

I think you let the missile launcher live too long.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 06, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Then hit it with a missile.
If you can't prevent them hitting you with missiles then you're not going to beat the Flagship. Simple as that.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 06, 2014, 04:09:29 pm »

3 consecutive turns there to win.

Thank God. This is a good change. Maybe even the BEST change to some.

Interesting side-note, once you beat a phase when it's sitting on the base, the flagship warps out for a turn. If you have the advanced FTL nav augment, you can use that turn to warp to a repair base/store and heal up, then be back in time to intercept the flagship's return. Totally saved me on the Fed Cruiser B win.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 06, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

Then hit it with a missile.
If you can't prevent them hitting you with missiles then you're not going to beat the Flagship. Simple as that.

Yep. Thus my lament about the lack of defense drones. I had cloaking, but missed the activation window to dodge the missile volley, being preoccupied with the oxygen problem on my ship. I'd decided I needed hacking to get evade to 0 and bought that instead of drone control in sector 6[Bad idea kids. Don't do that.]. I didn't run into another store that stocked drone control until Sector 7. They didn't stock defense drones.

EDIT: And I just fired upon a defense system in an event. As the Basilisk on my first encounter. Not sure how that works.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:14:42 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 06, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »

Fun fact, losing a crew member to an event such as the station on fire is not a big deal when you have the cloning bay. I lost a mantis to the station on fire and his new clone popped out with "a newfound respect for flames." Hilarious.

In other news, using zoltan as suicide bombers on the enemy ship is surprisingly effective. Launch two, have them fight as many enemies as possible in the biggest room possible, deal good aoe damage on death to multiple enemies, then send in the two mantis afterwards to clean up while the zoltan clones respawn.

A hacking drone is also good for boarding. Launch a hack at the enemy weapons and then send as many mantis as possible to attack the weapon system while the hack keeps the room locked and you can shut down the enemy weapons in safety. Alternatively I can use zoltan to attack until the enemy breaks into the room and then blast the whole room with a small bomb, killing the zoltan, damaging the weapons more, and hopefully killing multiple enemy crew from the bomb and two zoltan explosions. Then send in the mantis.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 06, 2014, 04:31:01 pm »

The disease/abandoned outpost event can actually kill off a crew member for good. Apparently it's so bad that the clone would still have it (what the hell).

Also, I can confirm two things:

a) The flagship's Phase II Dronespam can include regular laser drones.
b) The combination of a mk.2 flak cannon and the Glaive Beam is stupid stupid stupid. Killed that flagship deader than dead, it did.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:34:32 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 243