Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373907 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1290 on: September 28, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »

So one guy was talking that fire beam was useless and then other guy proved him wrong:

*speechless*

Ha, amazing!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 28, 2012, 05:43:35 pm »

There's a cheevo for that, you know.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 28, 2012, 05:45:58 pm »

Yeah, but you don't have to do it to the BOSS. :P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 28, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Heh, I've got one of those as well. Mind you, that was with fire bombs. So satisfying to watch the AI completely abandon a flaming system.  :)

(Also a bit of a tricky achievement to get. Remember to destroy O2 last, otherwise the ship will vent and all your precious flames will extinguish.  :()

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1294 on: September 28, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

So one guy was talking that fire beam was useless and then other guy proved him wrong:

*speechless*
Sick burn 100%

hot damn
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 28, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »

I was doing the Get to Sector 8 Without Flying Through a Danger Zone achievement, and once I completed it I would've gotten the alt stealth cruiser.

Yeah?  You want to play that game?  Fine.  Uninstalled, fucker.  Not so clever now, are you?
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 28, 2012, 08:18:12 pm »

I was doing the Get to Sector 8 Without Flying Through a Danger Zone achievement, and once I completed it I would've gotten the alt stealth cruiser.

Exact same thing happened to me, and I even passed up the Rock Ship on the way.  I haven't seen the Rock homeworlds since then.  I swear the game cheats stuff like this just to mess with you.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 28, 2012, 08:22:38 pm »

That sucks man. Sucks hard.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:40 am »

God damn it...
Every time I am ready for the boss. My Mantis group dies from BS deaths...
Most recent one... A stray missile takes out the Teleporter just as I am about to return them... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 29, 2012, 12:34:58 am »

Just had a nasty death. Game was only going okay, playing as the Torus, had plenty of Engi crew and a Zoltan, but no combat-oriented personnel.

Jumped into a solar flare region. That would be bad enough, but I was also boarded by 4(!) Mantis, which required constantly rotating crew through the medical bay (because even with the medical nano augment, there was no real way for an almost-entirely Engi crew to take on four Mantis). I ended up jumping with half the ship O2-less and a few fires that I was hoping to go out.

Surprise! Mantis ship, which immediately teleports over a boarding party which begins wreaking havoc. They take the weapons out almost first, while rapid-fire heavy lasers and what I assume was a Hermes missile destroy the medical bay, the doors, and the drone control, creating a hull breach at the same time. Keep in mind that a good third of the ship was still airless after the solar flares at this point. With the doors gone, I couldn't even close the airlocks or open doors to route what little air remained into vital areas.

Still, I pressed on. Engi and the Zoltan ran all over the place attempting to keep systems operational, while the human stayed at the helm; my only hope was to somehow dodge the missiles and lasers. It was a futile effort though, since just about every attack, especially the missiles, hit. What's more, every single hit either created a breach or damaged a system. I used four drone parts due to having to constantly reactivate my attack drone, the O2 room got breached not once but twice, and the medical bay got hit early on and was one of those rooms devoid of air.

In the end, it wasn't hull damage that killed me. Between battling the boarding party (which never actually left) and taking hits from uncannily accurate enemy fire, my entire crew perished one by one.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 29, 2012, 12:46:00 am »

1) Should have vented everything and fought in the Medibay for encounter one.  The Mantis would keep dying while you survived.

2) Should have used the human to fight.  Being average is a complement compared to Zoltan (low health) and Engi (low combat skills).

But yeah, that sucks.  I've found blind jumping rarely works, as you've got about 1-in-4 chance of jumping into another fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 29, 2012, 12:48:12 am »

1: I didn't want them running around wrecking systems. That causes hull damage, which I was trying to prevent. Besides, no way I would have had time to restore O2 to the ship while getting pummeled by solar flares.

2: Human was a second-level pilot. I was HOPING that would allow me to avoid some damage, but the RNG was not on my side.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 29, 2012, 12:49:47 am »

Ahahah, this game is trolling me.

The game gave me 3 distress beacons in a row with the same event: One I modded in, which usually results in damage to your ship.

Oh game, such a troll.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 29, 2012, 12:57:18 am »

1: I didn't want them running around wrecking systems. That causes hull damage, which I was trying to prevent. Besides, no way I would have had time to restore O2 to the ship while getting pummeled by solar flares.

This is dumb. One: The AI will not attempt to do system damage in rooms with low air, and immediately venting and disabling life support will vent air fast enough that even 4 mantis can only do a points worth of system damage - and if you have a guy or two run interference before fleeing to the medbay, not even that.

Second: Venting the ship makes fires quickly go out, before they can do damage, and is probably the safest thing to do at a sun. Even ignoring boarders, first action I take at sun locations is venting all non-critical rooms. You don't actually NEED to restore o2 to the whole ship before you jump - especially with the engi nanobots, it's simply enough to run your people back immediately after the jump if they don't send more boarders.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1304 on: September 29, 2012, 01:18:20 am »

Grr, stupid game. I being out of fuel had to wait until the rebel fleet caught up with me so I could bum some fuel off of them. Of course being low of health and all that chances where low but I manage to hit with my only missile with my fancy new missile launcher and then used the starter laser to keep their shields down. It looks like I could win it and even if they got the shields back up they only had 2 then they warped out. Had to wait again and in comes another rebel ship with 3 shields to my complete lack of ability to penetrate them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 243