Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374057 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #915 on: September 22, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

The problem with the stealth ship is simple.

Fucking Zoltans.

I've got absolutely destroying everyone else down to an art, but their goddamn super shield.

Also, trying to get the hang of the Carnelian but, again - Fucking Zoltans. Double, this time, since they are literally invulnerable. Actually, so are the auto-ships. The Carnelian has... issues.

Also:
Starting with the Glaive Beam is... very satisfying.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 22, 2012, 08:43:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm always like: "Oh, a Green Sector!  That means peaceful civilians!  Wait a sec, that says 'Zoltan Space'.  Damn, I'd be better off in 'Rebel-controlled sector'".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 22, 2012, 08:56:31 pm »

I got the Slug and Rock ships.  Not a big fan.  Slug seems like it could be fun but I've got to get the hang of it.  I'm using the Red-tail to try to get the Mantis ship next.

Also, has anybody ever seen two projectiles hit in mid-air and negate each other?  I just did, it was rad.
Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 22, 2012, 08:57:53 pm »

Beam Drone Mk1(I've never seen a Mk2) is the best thing you can have versus enemies without shields... and to take out the Zolton Shield fairly quickly.  It sucks for anything inbetween.... but they can be switched out for another drone during that time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 22, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »

Also, has anybody ever seen two projectiles hit in mid-air and negate each other?  I just did, it was rad.
Yep, I've seen my missiles get shot out of the air by the enemy ships before and vice versa.

You can even shoot down hostile drones if you time it right.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 22, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

It's definitely a great little bonus. It sucks when your breech missile hits a laser though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:44 pm »

It works for drones as well.

So all you have to do to get rid of an annoying drone buzzing around your ship is wait for it to pass in front of one of your guns and then fire. Not really something that's useful to try.

I've got absolutely destroying everyone else down to an art

beam drones

how
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:26 pm »

Antiship Drone mkII, Antiship Drone mk1, Glaive Beam, Breach Missile, Smart Bomb

Just got my first win against the boss with the stealth ship and it was a cakewalk. I didn't even have the mkII for his final form - accidently switched it out for my hull drone to repair between fights. AND I accidentally let my ace pilot die to boarders I didn't realize I had before I got to fight him. But even the boss can only survive 2 hits with the Glaive.

Barely had any shield or engine because I had so many points of energy allocated to offense.

Beam drones would be good if you could keep the shields down I guess, but I enjoy the "You have 25 seconds to live. I will spend 15 seconds of that cloaked. Good luck!" approach.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 22, 2012, 11:19:38 pm »

Wow. I just got utterly destroyed on sector 3.

One Auto Assault had 1 beam drone, one anti-ship drone, two missile launchers, and a heavy laser. It also had 2 points of shielding. I didn't survive the fight.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 22, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »

When I see something like that, there is only one response.

RUN AWAY!!! (Except in the last game, where even by sector three, it was cloak->smart.bomb->GLAIVE DEATH)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2012, 12:22:30 am »

Had no chance to run away. My ship just wasn't that durable enough to take that beating long enough to jump.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2012, 06:58:55 am »

Finally beat this. The third stage of the boss is a joke. I lost more health during the second stage than 1+3 put together.

Of course, trial and error had taught me previously that it isn't a good idea to kill everyone on that ship during phase 1...

Next up: normal <.<

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2012, 07:02:45 am »

You know what would be interesting? Co-op.

You hop around the sectors together, at one point need to get apart, cuz you need to visit two story-wise important sectors that are away from each other.
One of you is low on scrap but has missiles, so you can trade, or transfer things directly, like augments/drones/weapons you don't really use.
Or the moment in which your prepare to leave the sector and suddenly notice that your buddy, in the same sector, has distress beacon on and rebels are almost caught up to him.
Or maybe that one of you is fighting this uber-shielded enemy and your buddy jumps in and you duo-hit the enemy ship in the same time.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2012, 07:14:10 am »

So, B layout for the Engi ship, is really fuckin hard.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2012, 08:51:20 am »

How so? I just found it fun. Key to remember though is avoid missions where you could lose a crewmember, hah.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 243