Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374098 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #870 on: September 21, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

Wooh, Mantis ship!

I kind of thought I'd need a Mantis for this, but nope! Just a teleport and lv2 medbay, apparently!
(And making good choices, obviously)

I got the chance once but mucked it up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 21, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

One of the crew members in my rock cruiser defaulted to the name Manon, so I named the other two Ganon and Canon and named the ship the FR Anon Brothers.  Canon died early on when a rebel ship shot a missile into the already breached weapons room, but the brothers avenged him by personally beating dozens of on-fire rebels to death, and later
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was my best run yet, and the ship ended up an amazing laser and firebomb spewing monstrosity.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:38 pm »

welp, the RNG hated me in one zoltan sector.

mantis boarders, killed via airlocks.
4 zoltan boarders, wiped out my crew. broke into the room that was keeping the enemy from getting it's weapons up. (weapons room), so I couldn't vent it without losing the room first, which would kill me (they had that uber-beam), and they managed to wipe out my crew.

70HP zoltans killed you?!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 21, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »

Whats the point of the repair/resupply places on the final map? Is it just to stock up on and missiles and drones before heading in? Because by the time I get to the boss they've all disappeared.

Regardless, beat 2 forms with the stealth ship, but my hull just couldn't hold up. If only I'd had the scrap earlier when I spotted a hull repair drone... Could have just sat there and repaired, I had enough drones left.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 21, 2012, 07:38:09 pm »

Lack of crew and other things. Yes that might do it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 21, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »

Wow, Weapon Pre-igniter+powerful weapons is amazing.

I'm hitting each and every enemy I come across with a Breach missile at the very start of combat. Oh, you have powerful shields? Not anymore.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 21, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »

Preigniter+BreachMissile+BreachMissile+GlaiveBeam

That's what I want - my dream loadout. Mmm.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #877 on: September 21, 2012, 08:27:31 pm »

I want this open ended, with customizeable ship designs. Then I shall be (even more) happy.  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:47 pm »

I just want a custom ship design multiplayer. ;)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

The RNG did not want to give me a cloak!  Lady Luck has given me her grace this day.  After giving me the cold shoulder for who knows how long.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 21, 2012, 08:56:13 pm »

Whats the point of the repair/resupply places on the final map? Is it just to stock up on and missiles and drones before heading in? Because by the time I get to the boss they've all disappeared.

Regardless, beat 2 forms with the stealth ship, but my hull just couldn't hold up. If only I'd had the scrap earlier when I spotted a hull repair drone... Could have just sat there and repaired, I had enough drones left.

The repair points still exist, I believe unless the sector gets "taken over" by the enemy. My last game there was a repair point that the flagship jumped onto. I did a battle there and took out that form. And then waited there for a turn and got repaired. I then jumped over and took out the second form, then jumped back and was repaired again. They can be very useful depending on where they're placed. Sometimes you just get unlucky though. A LOT of this game is simply luck.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 21, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »

The RNG did not want to give me a cloak!  Lady Luck has given me her grace this day.  After giving me the cold shoulder for who knows how long.
Pretty sure you can't have both the cloak and artillery laser.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 21, 2012, 09:19:37 pm »

Pretty sure you can't have both the cloak and artillery laser.
Ah, never knew that...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:20 pm »

Yeah, I've never seen the Cloak in stores while using the Federation Cruiser. I can see an empty slot in stores though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 21, 2012, 11:27:20 pm »

Wow.... finally found the Zolton shield ship.  It is.... easy.  Interesting tactics to go with it, but I ended up using Pegasus, Laser Beam Mk3, Defense Drone Mk2 and Beam Drone Mk1 to beat the final boss.

RNG did not want to give me Laser Beams Mk2...

Now lets see if I could save scum the Mantis and Rock ships into existence...
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 243